There have been a number of posts here over the past few months concerning the mysterious widespread unavailability of the popular Saitek Throttle Quadrants.

Maybe this is explained by the problems apparently being faced by its parent company Mad Catz which just announced disappointing results.  A staff reduction of 37% is forecast, and the CEO and a senior VP have already left.

Hang on to your Saitek products guys!

Bryn

I was hoping to pick up the USB version, but there simply isn't one to be found in the UK.

Jason Jackett

It's getting hard to find outlets with Saitek Pro Flight modules in stock. I hope this isn't a sign of anything, because there are no other comparable peripherals for FS in the lower price range. Lets hope this means they're working on a new range of products with better quality...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I have been looking for a throttle quadrant since last June.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Looks bad... Maybe I'll have to refurbrish the TQs instead of getting new ones yet again...

I have been looking for a throttle quadrant and trim wheel for mths nil stock,s anywhere,if you read their financial report it states the low sales in the PC gaming equipment was part of the problem,well stating the bl---ing obvious if you haven't got any stock anywhere you cant sell it can you !,there is a second hand throttle quadrant on Ebay Uk,at the moment it is  £67 with nearly 3 days bidding left to go,might reach £100

Peter

The ebay prices on saitek stuff seems to be going up.  I was in the market and would up grabbing a Ch eclipse yoke.  The thing is pretty dang nice.  Sad about saitek though, that's what I initially wanted.   

IMHO, you are better off with the CH Eclipse.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

IMHO, you are better off with the CH Eclipse.

Good to know!!   So far the thing flies amazing.  My first yoke and it sure beats the pants off a wingman joystick!!

I used a CH Eclipse Yoke for a while.   For the price, it is a good piece of gear.   There are paddles just in front of the yoke handles.   They can be set for rudder control.   

RMM

I used a CH Eclipse Yoke for a while.   For the price, it is a good piece of gear.   There are paddles just in front of the yoke handles.   They can be set for rudder control.   

RMM

Yup, paddles.  I thought for sure they would be wanky and fiddly, but I was surprised at how well they work.  They are push/pull so I can fly one handed with full rudder control and still use my right hand for throttle.  

If anyone are happy with CH yokes, then good for them. I don't think they're any good, and they look more like something out of a Star Wars fighter than a real yoke. As for using paddles instead of pedals for rudder control - good luck. It sure takes away any sense of realism when flying.

Whatever works for you of course, but to those not yet owning a yoke, just be aware that opinions differ on the matter.

Saitek might be of poor build quality, but the yoke and optional TQ or TPM looks much better and more like real aircraft yoke and throttles. They are however not even close to being realistic compared to how real aircraft handles. For that you'll need a package costing 10x, and most of us don't take the hobby there.

Guess we'll all have to go to Airbus's and use a joystick......  And if it's paddles to use for rudder then my copilot is handling the rudders.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Please delete/

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.