Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Saitek Supply Problems

There have been a number of posts here over the past few months concerning the mysterious widespread unavailability of the popular Saitek Throttle Quadrants.

Maybe this is explained by the problems apparently being faced by its parent company Mad Catz which just announced disappointing results.  A staff reduction of 37% is forecast, and the CEO and a senior VP have already left.

Hang on to your Saitek products guys!

Bryn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's getting hard to find outlets with Saitek Pro Flight modules in stock. I hope this isn't a sign of anything, because there are no other comparable peripherals for FS in the lower price range. Lets hope this means they're working on a new range of products with better quality...

Looks bad... Maybe I'll have to refurbrish the TQs instead of getting new ones yet again...

I have been looking for a throttle quadrant and trim wheel for mths nil stock,s anywhere,if you read their financial report it states the low sales in the PC gaming equipment was part of the problem,well stating the bl---ing obvious if you haven't got any stock anywhere you cant sell it can you !,there is a second hand throttle quadrant on Ebay Uk,at the moment it is  £67 with nearly 3 days bidding left to go,might reach £100

Peter

The ebay prices on saitek stuff seems to be going up.  I was in the market and would up grabbing a Ch eclipse yoke.  The thing is pretty dang nice.  Sad about saitek though, that's what I initially wanted.   

IMHO, you are better off with the CH Eclipse.

Good to know!!   So far the thing flies amazing.  My first yoke and it sure beats the pants off a wingman joystick!!

I used a CH Eclipse Yoke for a while.   For the price, it is a good piece of gear.   There are paddles just in front of the yoke handles.   They can be set for rudder control.   

RMM

I used a CH Eclipse Yoke for a while.   For the price, it is a good piece of gear.   There are paddles just in front of the yoke handles.   They can be set for rudder control.   

RMM

Yup, paddles.  I thought for sure they would be wanky and fiddly, but I was surprised at how well they work.  They are push/pull so I can fly one handed with full rudder control and still use my right hand for throttle.  

If anyone are happy with CH yokes, then good for them. I don't think they're any good, and they look more like something out of a Star Wars fighter than a real yoke. As for using paddles instead of pedals for rudder control - good luck. It sure takes away any sense of realism when flying.

Whatever works for you of course, but to those not yet owning a yoke, just be aware that opinions differ on the matter.

Saitek might be of poor build quality, but the yoke and optional TQ or TPM looks much better and more like real aircraft yoke and throttles. They are however not even close to being realistic compared to how real aircraft handles. For that you'll need a package costing 10x, and most of us don't take the hobby there.

Guess we'll all have to go to Airbus's and use a joystick......  And if it's paddles to use for rudder then my copilot is handling the rudders.....

If anyone are happy with CH yokes, then good for them. I don't think they're any good, and they look more like something out of a Star Wars fighter than a real yoke. As for using paddles instead of pedals for rudder control - good luck. It sure takes away any sense of realism when flying.

Whatever works for you of course, but to those not yet owning a yoke, just be aware that opinions differ on the matter.

Saitek might be of poor build quality, but the yoke and optional TQ or TPM looks much better and more like real aircraft yoke and throttles. They are however not even close to being realistic compared to how real aircraft handles. For that you'll need a package costing 10x, and most of us don't take the hobby there.

I can also agree with this sentiment.  Although my choices were, CH, CH, or CH.  So for that reason, I went with CH.  I haven't got the funds to clunk down 6-800 for something more expensive, otherwise I sure would have and saitek seems to have dropped off the planet.  

The CH does look a big fugly though, that's for sure.  I was expecting a toy quality unit and was surprised by it's weight and build quality.  I'll just have to suffer the looks of it.  If you close your eyes and fly, this yoke does feel pretty darned nice though.  Far nicer than I ever thought a yoke could feel.  

P3D is designed as a commercial simulator rather than being for our community, so their target market is completely different than that of DTG.

??????? in regard to this topic?

??????? in regard to this topic?

Sorry, I was using my phone and somehow my reply to another topic got placed here (sure it was my fault).

UPDATE some happy camper paid £102 + £7.50  postage on eBay for the Throttle quadrant,LOL

Peter

Called Saitek Tech Support today and inquired specifically about the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. Response was different this time. Instead of being advised that product is expected within two weeks; or within 30 days; both of which I have heard before, this time the response was "sometime in May". Also told the factory of manufacture is changing. Still China, but different factory.  Other Saitek products likewise.  FWIW....  

• Upvote 2

Called Saitek Tech Support today and inquired specifically about the Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. Response was different this time. Instead of being advised that product is expected within two weeks; or within 30 days; both of which I have heard before, this time the response was "sometime in May". Also told the factory of manufacture is changing. Still China, but different factory.  Other Saitek products likewise.  FWIW....  

Nice to hear that they will be available again. I have had my eye on the throttle quadrant for quite some time.

I hope they did not see what price the one on Ebay UK just went for!might give them ideas regarding price :smile:

Peter

Bloody disgrace :) I ordered in Sept 2015, and cancelled the order in December, then both the pro-flight package just to get the throttle - only €10 in the difference when shipping was taken into account.

I now have a spare ProFlight Yoke lying around.