Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ATC Challenge!.....Up for it!

Hi Guys, 

With all the current noise and banter going around about the different ATC programs that are available, it seem that 'mines longer than yours' and all that rubbish has been getting around.

So I thought, OK let see what is what and try and establish who's is really longer than someones else!!!

So this challenge will be in a few parts and all I ask is to be honest about what you feedback in this thread.  So, still up for it?

OK here is part one.

The criteria is this one simple question:  Does your ATC program of choice get you from A > B with 'full' ATC coverage.  Simple enough, that's it.

Here's the rub though:  

1.Do not post about the voices, things like 'they are robotic, sounds like two wav file badly put together', you know the kind of stuff I mean, right!

2. DO not post that god forbid, you had to use the mouse or even the keyboard, or had to go from full-screen to window mode, not bothered

3. No bothered about wrong voices @i'm flying in USA and hear a Spanish controller, not interested.

4. Any other issues, not interested in. Just answer the criteria question

The only routes you can use are these:

1. LFML > LEPA

2. EDDM > LOWI

3. XXXX > KABQ (anywhere to KABQ)

4. WMKK >WSSS

Fly as many as you want and just post here your results. Did it get you there, if not what went wrong and why, was it Pilot error or ATC.

Also say what went well and why it went well. 

Happy flying for the week-end

I'll let this run for a few weeks to see how it goes

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This could be interesting.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

It could, but its about people being open and honest, simple criteria I think for the first challenge.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

IFR only, or VFR allowed as well?

Great idea!

I will do it this weekend. For me this will be a good benchmark, so I can see if I may switch sometime to another ATC prog. At this time I have just one.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Fly what ever you want, try IFR and VFR, but remember the criteria for these set of flights  :smile:

Klaus, 

It will be and that's the point an open and honest feedback of the criteria, that's all is expected

Have fun

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Great idea. Thanks.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

OK, I did the flight from Marseilles to Palma using default ATC.  Full IFR flight Point A to point B with no hitches

or giddyups.  Smooth as butter.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Good One, so the default ATC gets you from A>B, one so far

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Tom

Cool, again keep the criteria in mind and be honest about how it goes.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Just finished first flight from LFML to LEPA and had complete ATC gate to gate as well as AI interaction throughout with PROATC-X. Left from gate B8 and was assigned the MAME4N departure for runway 31R. and the LORE2M arrival for runway 6L. (ILS) with the ADX transition. Except for the second descent which was a little late, though still time to catch up, the rest of the descent path was on glide slope, and ATC observed and assigned all way point altitude constraints as well for both departure and arrival procedures.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Good One, so the default ATC gets you from A>B, one so far

Are we allowed to divert to an alternate once we arrive at B?

Are we allowed to divert to an alternate once we arrive at B?

Not in Part 1, but you have already arrived at B. So how would you divert when you have arrived at B already  :smile:

Once you have flown 1 or more of the route, post what went well and why also what didn't go well and why.

Just finished first flight from LFML to LEPA and had complete ATC gate to gate as well as AI interaction throughout with PROATC-X. Left from gate B8 and was assigned the MAME4N departure for runway 31R. and the LORE2M arrival for runway 6L. (ILS) with the ADX transition. Except for the second descent which was a little late, though still time to catch up, the rest of the descent path was on glide slope, and ATC observed and assigned all way point altitude constraints as well for both departure and arrival procedures.

Good PIREP there Tom, that what is needed.  Some positives also somethings didn't go as expected

Well done

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image