Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

The future of Vox

I know there is speculation over the future development of this great bit of software. I know, like many others we all hope Vox continues to move forward and not be left to vanish from circulation.

I hope we get a update on future releases soon.

Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Vox ATC? Dev never really announces anything, usually someone from here stumbles on an update but he does keep updating

Expect the worst, hope for the best. For me its the best atc app out there, but communication about its direction and timescales could be much improved! K

I agree Vox ATC is by far the best I have used, I would hate to loose it. I just wish some of the bugs would be sorted out, and of course comuncation and information.

I will live in hope, but might consider looking for alternatives if the worse happens.

Rob

I received this email from Tegwyn back in October.  I think others have had more recent responses from him.  Knowing how software development goes... I'm waiting patiently.  I know He'll come through for us.

Hello

We are working on a new version of VoxATC that will work with P3D V3.
But release is a couple of months away.

Regards

Tegwyn West

Well I know I sent him an email about six month ago and never got a reply, like wise for the one I sent three weeks ago. So as others have stated, product support is a tad on the sparce side shall we say.

I am assuming that response from Tegwyn stating a new version was two months away was from October 2015!? If it is, time must pass slowly in that neck of the woods is all I can say as it almost March 2016 :)

Like others I'll wait for news, mean time I'm testing other ATC programs.

Rob

I received this email from Tegwyn back in October.  I think others have had more recent responses from him.  Knowing how software development goes... I'm waiting patiently.  I know He'll come through for us.

Hello

We are working on a new version of VoxATC that will work with P3D V3.

But release is a couple of months away.

Regards

Tegwyn West

That's odd, He never puts his family name in the emails...

Time to time someone says that the developer has told that a new version is on the way. I do not believe anything.

That's odd, He never puts his family name in the emails...

He has always used his full name in the emails I have had from him... :Thinking:

He has always used his full name in the emails I have had from him... :Thinking:

Not in my emails

Sometimes I think about going back to v2.5.  I miss it that much.  Rather have VOX and 2.5 instead of v3 and no VOX if it looks like there won't be an update.  I've got ten IVONA voices sitting on a shelf and am itching to hear them again.

Use the Migration Tool for now. I see absolutely no different bahaviour from using p3d 2,5 compared to v3 with the Migration Tool install. Sure there are issues, but no other than those that has always been, at least for me.

mike

Well yesterday I sent Tegwyn a very polite email, just asking if he can confirm OR deny the rumours and speculation around the next update(s).

Sadly I feel that I will not get a reply, I hope he proves me wrong however!

Rob

Use the Migration Tool for now. I see absolutely no different bahaviour from using p3d 2,5 compared to v3 with the Migration Tool install. Sure there are issues, but no other than those that has always been, at least for me.

mike

Installation with the Migration Tool is no solution. Apart from many issues I have since P3DV3 a heavy great timelag between my inputs and VOX reactions. Sometimes VOX completely ignore the input (by the way, there is no difference between voice or keyboard entry). Using VOX and GEX at the same flight > CTD with or without FSUIPC. No or in best case too late trafficwarning. And often VOX hang up during flight.

That makes no fun.

Helge

Migration tool (latest version) worked fine for me - no problems with VOX whatsoever... just need to make sure you have it enabled when changing any VOX settings, running the VOX tools etc, as well as for the initial installation.

Migration tool (latest version) worked fine for me - no problems with VOX whatsoever... just need to make sure you have it enabled when changing any VOX settings, running the VOX tools etc, as well as for the initial installation.

Good for you.

And let me tell you, what I did as you said and furthermore four times completely new installed to solve the probs but without luck. All was done before I posted under #14.

And Im not the only one with VOX problems under MigrationTool. Others claimed in similar way. Someones aren't able to finnish the initial run without hang up of the installer.

What's why im said the Migration Tool isn't the solution. If it runs fine for you - be happy. Unfortunately not for me.

Good for you.
And let me tell you...

was only trying to help with some practical advice

• Upvote 1

was only trying to help with some practical advice

Non offense meant. Sry if it got wrong. Only frustrated by VOX and without really alternative (yes I know PF3 and Proatc/x and Pilot2atc ...).

no probs....  i feel the same when things don't work. The fact that it works for some points to something else interfering.. windows UAC, antivirus software? tried running VOX and p3D as admin?

Hi,

Was going to give this a try, but have a question. I like the idea of hearing other (AI traffic) radio transmissions as well as my own, it means you have to keep on your toes listening for your call-sign. Since I run my sim with zero AI Traffic I'd end up hearing noting from Vox ATC other than my commands and I'd have to listen to canned audio files that don't usually match the environment. Is it possible to run AI traffic (flightplans only) at 100% just to utilize VoxATC's radio transmissions; kind of make VoxATC think all the aircraft exist in the sim, even though the textures aren't loaded. These added textures (just for the use of audio transmissions) would cause an increased burden on the computer.

That would be something I'd purchase. VoxATC type voice interface with actual (seasonal updates) airliner flight plans for AI aircraft, something along the lines of Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic real world flight plans so I can listen to traffic on my freq without the system burden of producing actual AI traffic within the sim itself. AND have the ability to interact with ATC via voice myself all in one program. With the ability to allow actual AI aircraft textures to be loaded in the sim if the end user so desires.

This would give me actual (albeit robotic) radio traffic with my aircraft intermixed with real world airliner traffic from gate to gate. Naturally, AI Traffic and myself would be required to tune in the correct freq in the comm radio depending on phase of flight.

Thanks

Do you want the atc to talk with "invisible planes"? I think is not posible.

I will use liveatc for this.

Hi,

That is exactly what I want... I run the resources in my sim at the very limit of today's hardware. My resolution is 11520x2160 via three 78" 4K UHDTV's, I do not want to take away from other settings just to add AI airliner traffic. I would however, like to add the realism of actual airliner radio traffic, that should be a "minimal" hit on my setup and I'll be able to enjoy the benefits of actual airliner traffic no matter where I go in the sim with no hit in performance.

Tuning in live ATC from within the sim is not possible.

I understand you very well.

It take me arround 1 year to set up my PC for the sim.

Finally i got it, now i have a balance between visual and performance.

I use Mytraffic for the IA planes. The performance is a lot better thar default IA planes.

Anyway, try the demo, and test it well because if you find something that not work as you expect, it may be never repaired.

The support of voxatc is the worst support I've seen in the world of simulation

Is it possible to run AI traffic (flightplans only) at 100% just to utilize VoxATC's radio transmissions; kind of make VoxATC think all the aircraft exist in the sim, even though the textures aren't loaded

funny as I have been thinking along the same lines and are halfway to a solution. What I dislike when I purchase a large payware airport is that it is unrealistically void of all aircraft, but like you, I don't want my sim to suffer in terms of performance by enabling AI. So I've been working on a tool to populate any given airport with static models. The performance of static models versus AI is vast. For example I can go from an empty EGLL Heathrow to full capacity of static models, so every gate/ramp with an aircraft, and there is no impact to fps - not that I am visually aware of anyway. It looks fantastic to see so many aircraft. Here's a top-down view of EGLL (SimWings) almost full, I think I set it to around 80% capacity:

So then the other half of the story is that the airport now lacks realistic audio i.e. ATC - my intention is to remove all the models from the AI aircraft, theoretically this should prevent them rendering, just haven't got round to trying it yet as I've been focusing on the airport population tool. Hopefully get around to giving it a go this weekend.

Hi Darren,

That is the "EXACT" tool I'm looking for, with the ability to block static AI aircraft from my DEP-ARR gates. A static aircraft, VoxATC combo program. Would be nice if we had a tool that would add static airliner aircraft into P3D3 airports in one install, with the ability to take any parking spot from AI and have that aircraft removed. Add Vox ATC real airliner transmissions on the correct freq. during all phases of flight without the added burden of loading AI aircraft textures and I'm in.

I'd pay for that!.