Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What's your day job?

working for the local fiscal authorities...but I am not a tax man ;-)
Before I got this Job, I was working for over 25 years as a warehouse-worker.....life is good:)

On 8/12/2019 at 4:52 AM, reecemj said:

Am a driver in Houston Chris. Keeping the Purple Promise. We have a cool job to when the air condition work in our truck. 😆

😂 that's for sure. I'm in Dallas so luckily almost all the trucks in our station have working AC...or somewhat working lol!

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Update on what I wrote back in 2016:

On 3/11/2016 at 10:38 PM, JRMurray said:

Anyway, I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's, and I'm also in a Doctor of Education program (Ed.D) at Simon Fraser University. I finished my coursework last year and am presently completing my comprehensive exams, which are due on March 31. I have to write two papers, a lit review and a conceptual piece, each at minimum 25 pages long not including references. I should be finished my second paper by the end of next week, and then I'll submit both the lit review and the conceptual piece for marking. Assuming I pass (I'm pretty sure that I will), I'll be a doctoral candidate some time in April and will get started soon after on the proposal for my dissertation, which I hope to complete by 2018 or 2019.

I successfully passed my comps after posting the above and worked on my dissertation for a couple of years. I then defended my dissertation in January, 2018, and convocated with a Doctor of Education degree in June, 2018.

Titles are a big thing in the post-secondary environment, so I'm now "Dr. Murray" rather than "Mr. Murray." Feels good ... a big accomplishment. 🙂

• Like 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

1 hour ago, JRMurray said:

Update on what I wrote back in 2016:

I successfully passed my comps after posting the above and worked on my dissertation for a couple of years. I then defended my dissertation in January, 2018, and convocated with a Doctor of Education degree in June, 2018.

Titles are a big thing in the post-secondary environment, so I'm now "Dr. Murray" rather than "Mr. Murray." Feels good ... a big accomplishment. 🙂

Congratulations on the developmental milestone (or should that be millstone?). I have a ThD, the which I've found is good for a cup of Starbucks coffee - along with $4.00 of course. :laugh:

In all seriousness, sincere congratulations! :smile:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

44 minutes ago, n4gix said:

In all seriousness, sincere congratulations!

Thank you, Fr. Bill (should that be Dr. Bill???). It's quite meaningful for me in my role as Associate Dean at my university, so it's worth more like a venti vanilla bean frappuccino rather than a tall dark roast at Starbucks. 😁

Cheers!

Joel

16 hours ago, JRMurray said:

Thank you, Fr. Bill (should that be Dr. Bill???).

In my case ecclesiastical rank trumps academic rank, although I most often go by "Bill" among friends and close associates. :smile:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 8/26/2019 at 9:56 AM, n4gix said:

In my case ecclesiastical rank trumps academic rank

Of course. I should have known. 🙂 The only place where I'm referred to as Dr. Murray is at work. Otherwise, it's just plain old "Joel" or "Dad."

• Like 1

Just a boring ole ATCer (at a small facility)

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

SAP Consultant /Supply Chain. I already posted this few months ago. Sigh! I am getting old. Time to retire. 

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I've been a professional Mobile DJ since the 90s. Pretty much everything you see on Youtube with regards to DJ entertainment I was doing back then. It's an absolute obsession! I've honed my skills and mastered my craft over years of practicing, drilling, and rehearsing.

The one thing about my DJ profession that's very similar to aviation, is that I've never stopped learning & growing. Life isn't boring here!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Retired diesel and automotive technician , flight sim is a hobby not a way of life  but used most days when real life lets me.:musikan:

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg