Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What's your day job?

Writer and producer - working on my second screen play now.  Which works well for my flight sim hobby as I'm almost always flying while I'm writing.

In an earlier life, I was a Business Director in the hospitality field helping companies with training and development and marketing strategies.  Was always an avid simmer and I love sports games (Madden and The Show are still favs).  

I'm and Aquarian and I like long walks in the park in the fall.  :wink:

Cool re your screen writing!

My son went out to LA two years ago from Brooklyn, Interestingly** having worked for NYU hospital, the institution in which he was born 26 years before... He left Brooklyn with quite a pocket full of finished screenplay, now working as a script PA on "Two Broke Girls". Christian is getting ready to go on hiatus and write some more ....and HOPE he has a buyer ...or TBG gets picked up for next season.

...Interesting because at age 13 he was forcefully emigrated from NJ to Appalachian Kentucky. He attending high school and college there... before heading BACK to New York to pursue an acting/writing career.

Good luck with your writing!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but I see so many engineers and people in the aero business here that I just will in the hope that somebody qualified to answer me does so:

What do you guys think of Cranfield's MSc in Aircraft Design? Will it help me land a good engineer's job in an aircraft manufacturer? I'm just considering doing it after finishing my MSc in Aeronautical Engineering and would like to gather opinions on it.

Sorry if it's offtopic.

Not in the aero business but do know someone that works at Cranfield, so I can ask if you like?

I am cabin crew for Qantas Uk. Whenever I get a chance, I seat on the flight deck for landing at Heathrow or Dubai while listen to ATC on the A380. Its amazing how close the experience is when flying on Ivao.

How cool!

I really envy you that experience!

Regards to all,

Chas

Desk side and on site support engineer. Basicly, I'm the IT guy at your office that helps you when:- your laptop is not powering up -> I push the power button ... :)

Been there, done that before I was dragged, kicking and screaming into the world of Novell and Windows ...the latter being not yet Network aware.

...grin

Chas

Sitting in an office chair looking at clouds most days at FL320, ( boring ) ...

But love every minute of my day job and wouldn't trade it for the world.

So you are a tube driver?...or are you being driven?

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Ethical Hacker / Pentester. Also review and fix other people's insecure source code ;-)  

Past life as a defense contractor: involved in projects for naval wargames/simulation, command & control software, unmanned systems (fixed-wing) sensors & autopilot programming.

I've been a flightsimmer since the Apple II, Sublogic and Compuserve's FSFORUM era. Spend the little free time I have these days flying Aerowinx's PSX.

cheers to all! Great reading all these posts.

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

I am an SAP functional  consultant

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Network Security Engineer

uhhhhhhhohhhhhhhh...flight team....go encrypted...burst mode only‼️

Chef, RAF Air Traffic Control, airline ops, canal boat operator, single dad, semi-re(tired).

So would we hear you say on the HF, "Cobra2Mike, table 2's fillet is ready for the table at your ten o'clock, and drop off the mashed carrots for the kid at your seven, Oh, and if you would be so kind, turn on the aft bilge pump"?

Soon to be US Navy pilot,I should leave for OCS within a few months! I'm hoping for a P-8 (737NG series) or P-3 slot!!!!

...grrrrr luckyyyyyy..(see my profile)....just jealous....good luck Zoomie-swabbie...uh...ImeanSir!

Chas

I'm a Market Sales Manager for RadioShack. Now General Wireless. Working my way up to the airlines now at IFR. Beginning my commercial soon.

ahhhhhh RadioShack....my fave place to browse...lest it's an Army/Navy Surplus circa 1956.

Good luck on your IFR check ride, WP!

Chas

Wow, interesting careers!

I am a retired T7 driver. Unfortunately realworld flying wasn't too good for me healthwise.

Can't get enough of flight simming, though ;)

Sorry you were grounded, LRC!... At least we know where to go keep PMDG honest

Chas

I am a chief financial officer, thinking to change my career at the age of 35 to do what am passionate about.....be a pilot..... need some advice here !!!

. Listen to Airline pilot guy podcasts, and you will have your answer… But as a "spoiler",, I'm going to say don't think about it ...just go for it!

C

I'm working in music business as bass player for 45 years.....long time!

...can you dig it! I knowwwwwthat you cannnnn"

Me too ...Least my ears can PG!

C

I own and manage a 8-person company; the Norwegian distributor for a world wide brand making computerized engraving- / milling and lasermarking machines.

wowwww...now if I could just convince the wife...

C

I am Retired Air Force. Worked in communications  (before the internet/email) operated/repaired flight simulators (F-4E and F-111D) and  made people glow in the dark. ( diagnostic radiology) .After retiring I work as a aircraft dispatcher.

Terry

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but I see so many engineers and people in the aero business here that I just will in the hope that somebody qualified to answer me does so:

What do you guys think of Cranfield's MSc in Aircraft Design? Will it help me land a good engineer's job in an aircraft manufacturer? I'm just considering doing it after finishing my MSc in Aeronautical Engineering and would like to gather opinions on it.

Sorry if it's offtopic.

I work at Boeing and know a couple of 777x engineers. Both have Aerospace Engineering degrees, one is an Embry-Riddle grad, other I am not sure all the school but has a Ph.D. In the US, having a PE (professional engineer) designation is a good one too. But overall I think a degree in AE should get your foot in the door. Good luck.

Sorry if it's offtopic.

Can't tell for that MSc, but I know a few ppl that went through cranfield. They work in aerospace now. Then again I don't have an aerospace related engineering degree but I have worked in that field since graduation anyrway. Landing any job depends also on how you sell yourself.

If you have the funds go for it.

Don't know how it works in your country but here you often start your engineering career working for a contracting company (they send you to work for an other company) I'm working for a big aircraft company but I'm not employed by them. So the game is work as a contractor, get noticed and hired by the big ones. Guess it's kinda similar to pilots working for regionals and then going in the majors. Lower pay included.

Wow, some interesting jobs and careers, and lot's in software / IT / design, I note.

I work in education - I'm a Head Teacher of what you'd call an Elementary / Middle School in North America, and a Primary School here in the UK (I'm Canadian by Birth, but married a fine English lass, and have lived in the UK for 22 years).

I use every opportunity I can to bring aviation and flight sim into the curriculum! :smile:

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Vice President of Identity and Access Management for a large midwestern bank in the US.