Bob,

Uninstall 3.2 Client

Reboot

Uninstall 3.2 Content

Reboot

Install 3.2 Client

Reboot

Install 3.2 Content

See if that works, should just take a few minutes in total.

I will try that.....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have the same problem

Keeps crashing exactly the same way as Bob describes.I've done an uninstall of all 3 parts and then the reinstall twice

At the moment it starts fine but I fully expect it to crash again at some point I think then I may go for the fresh install route.

I will also post on LM forum,as its definately got a couple issues

Pete Little

Bob,

Uninstall 3.2 Client

Reboot

Uninstall 3.2 Content

Reboot

Install 3.2 Client

Reboot

Install 3.2 Content

Your solution appears to be working. I have restarted P3D a dozen times, with no problems. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had the same issue - the crash referred to ai_traffic.dll. Turned out it was the addon manager.

Once I updated this, no problems anymore. :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I had the same issue - the crash referred to ai_traffic.dll. Turned out it was the addon manager.

Once I updated this, no problems anymore. :)

This crash was different, P3D wouldn't even load. No crash errors, because it never started. I updated add on manager before I even installed 3.2

Your solution appears to be working. I have restarted P3D a dozen times, with no problems. 

That's good to hear, Bob - fingers crossed it stays like that!

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Still using v3.1 here, although I have downloaded v3.2.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Disable the dll.xml and exe.xml and try to start again and see if it still crashes.  

Edit:  Oops sorry see you have resolved the issue.

Sean Green

Bob,

Uninstall 3.2 Client

Reboot

Uninstall 3.2 Content

Reboot

Install 3.2 Client

Reboot

Install 3.2 Content

Not fixed, same problem again  and also  as reported by others. If you want a stable sim, stick with 3.1. I notice that LM on their forum marked the problem "resolved" and locked it. Isn't that special. 

Not fixed, same problem again  and also  as reported by others. If you want a stable sim, stick with 3.1. I notice that LM on their forum marked the problem "resolved" and locked it. Isn't that special. 

Fresh install will solve your problem Bob would have been done by now if you had done it when I told you earlier  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Actually a clean install of 3.2 is sweet and solid. I'm glad I cleaned the 3.1 and did a fresh 3.2 install. :smile:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Actually a clean install of 3.2 is sweet and solid. I'm glad I cleaned the 3.1 and did a fresh 3.2 install. :smile:

OK, my question is , why doesn't LM tell people that there is a good chance these updates won't work and they may have to reinstall P3D every couple of months when an update is released? In addition, if the update doesn't work, what are the odds that a clean install might not work either? Right now it refuses to let me launch a flight at LOWW. I guess the airports that I can fly out of are now limited somehow. 

No need for them to say so as every individual users machines can and do vary.. They can't possibly make a one size fits all solution. Don't ask how I know the challenges. :fool:

• Upvote 1

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

OK, my question is , why doesn't LM tell people that there is a good chance these updates won't work and they may have to reinstall P3D every couple of months when an update is released? In addition, if the update doesn't work, what are the odds that a clean install might not work either? Right now it refuses to let me launch a flight at LOWW. I guess the airports that I can fly out of are now limited somehow. 

Sorry Bob your having issues - their update process depends on a virgin install of P3D with no addons not sure how they can make an installer that works for all with all the different payware people have installed so its not Their fault really - as for stating this maybe they believe its common sense I guess

=============================================================

Let me make this clear I did not install any addons such as airports - gsx etc. just textures so that being said maybe thats why I didnt have any issues - if you did would have been a good idea for you to uninstall anything except for texture stuff and aircraft - it would have made the patch process more successful imo 

I know its not ideal but it helps

Rich Sennett

Sorry Bob your having issues - their update process depends on a virgin install of P3D with no addons not sure how they can make an installer that works for all with all the different payware people have installed so its not Their fault really - as for stating this maybe they believe its common sense I guess

=============================================================

Let me make this clear I did not install any addons such as airports - gsx etc. just textures so that being said maybe thats why I didnt have any issues - if you did would have been a good idea for you to uninstall anything except for texture stuff and aircraft - it would have made the patch process more successful imo 

I know its not ideal but it helps

Well then I think people should be warned that if they have any add ons with P3D, like I do, that if they were smart they would avoid these "upgrades" from LM, like the plague, as long as their current install is running OK, which mine was. I see almost no improvement in what I had before, expect now I have a simulator that is buggy and unstable. If I could easily roll bakck to 3.1, I would do it in a heartbeat, but I have no idea how to roll back the content, which I was dumb enough to update.