Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Everybody better check their in-program REX4 Direct updates.....

...that they did not corrupt any of the injection files!!!!

My clouds were bad...after the in-program update to SP6, and so decided to download the whole install program again.

Well...it seems that it wasn't just the clouds that were crapped out...but my water textures, too.  I have great, water textures now...(I use Glimmer) and before I redid the install, there hardly was any over the surface...but now...the surface is alive.

So...I suggest that everybody re-download the entire install program,  uninstall REX4 Direct, and then re-install the full loader.  You might find a heck of a difference in the quality of the cloud graphics and your water....

Ses

So...I suggest that everybody re-download the entire install program,  uninstall REX4 Direct, and then re-install the full loader.  You might find a heck of a difference in the quality of the cloud graphics and your water....

Ses

So do you really meen everybody..... :wink: 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I had a slightly older version of Rex,  So when i Installed it,  It ran through several Updates to bring it up to the Current Version.

Everything seemed to be working Perfect, but i didn't like all the Extra Updates and Versions in my Program and Features list,  It all looked a bit messy,  Only a cosmetic thing i know but i Uninstalled them anyway and I'm now in the Process of Installing Just the Current Version of REX,  So it looks nice and tidy again  :smile:

I had a slightly older version of Rex,  So when i Installed it,  It ran through several Updates to bring it up to the Current Version.

Everything seemed to be working Perfect, but i didn't like all the Extra Updates and Versions in my Program and Features list,  It all looked a bit messy,  Only a cosmetic thing i know but i Uninstalled them anyway and I'm now in the Process of Installing Just the Current Version of REX,  So it looks nice and tidy again  :smile:

Hi Elaine!

Well..I went through all the updates and hot-fixes...but somewhere along that line, my REX4 Direct corrupted.  I had horrible clouds...(some of my recent pics have them). So , this morning, I downloaded the full REX4 Direct SP6 install...and I'm back to great cloudscape.  Who knows if anybody else and their update install(s) went South, without them realizing it.

So do you really meen everybody..... :wink:

Michael Moe 

It sure wouldn't hurt...it could happen without you even realizing it! ;)

• Upvote 1

In this connection: I bought REX 4 TD as well as Soft Clouds as separate products from the FSS. Sometime on the way they were integrated, but I am not in the mood to re-buy TD+SoftClouds combined just to download the combined product from the FSS. Otherwise there's no combined download available from the FSS.

So I'm a bit lost and, yes, all those SP and Hotfixes are a bit messy indeed.

Is there a way to download the combined product somewhere when you bought both of them just to get the integration?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Is there a way to download the combined product somewhere when you bought both of them just to get the integration?

best bet  is  to go  to the rex  forum, most likely you need to download your original downloads again and intergrate them again that's if you think your clouds are corrupted if they not then don't worry about it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

In this connection: I bought REX 4 TD as well as Soft Clouds as separate products from the FSS. Sometime on the way they were integrated, but I am not in the mood to re-buy TD+SoftClouds combined just to download the combined product from the FSS. Otherwise there's no combined download available from the FSS.

So I'm a bit lost and, yes, all those SP and Hotfixes are a bit messy indeed.

Combined?   I don't have a combined download.  In my download files, I have both REX4 Direct SP6  and SoftClouds SP3.   I reinstalled both this morning, and I have great clouds once more.

That's what I have, too. Maybe they combine automagically when you reinstall both? But maybe not? 

Anyway, thanks for the hint.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

That's what I have, too. Maybe they combine automagically when you reinstall both? But maybe not?

no you still will need to intergrate them as before

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

no you still will need to intergrate them as before

That would require me recalling how I did it. But I'm good in googling, I'll find out :-)

Have they released an update for REX Essential Plus yet? All I need is the Sun to return to normal size and appearance (instead of the tiny, hazy blob that I am seeing at the moment in P3D v3.1).

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So, what cloud factor are you all using with this SP6 ?

I've set mine to 0.6, results are not too bad.

So, what cloud factor are you all using with this SP6 ?

I've set mine to 0.6, results are not too bad.

.65...looks really good!

Michael just go to Rex Forums redownload the Rex4 Sp6. Then just download the soft clouds integration installer enter your key for soft clouds and that's it's. Make sure you download right one there are several listed.

Kevin Humphryes

Thanks Kevin, for the kind help. This should do it. I already downloaded Rex4 SP6 from the FSS. The integration installer was the missing link, I'll look for it.

Kind regards, Michael