Sign in to follow this  
torium

DTG Flight School - Approach & Landing Lesson

those are the lesson that DTG will be most likely to include into DTGFS - and you can not do anything about - it is what it is - 

What also must be remembered is that Dovetail HAS to monetize the product, and that can only come from their target market, as Martin has confirmed is the newbies, and certainly not the existing established fickle FSX and P3D experts

• Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Thanks for you reply.

That is often the problem here, that criticism is conceived as bashing.

I have long supported flight sim developers with $ since FS98, even if I do not post very much.

There are many excellent developers around, both freeware and payware.

As others have also pointed out: The subject video, strictly from a instructional point of view, is not very close to a real world flying lesson. There are key elements missing (traffic awareness, unicom/ATC communication, basically a series of heading instructions etc).

Since then Martin mentioned that there seem to be different 'levels' of instructions, great, we will see.

But why show the 'low level' instruction to a flight sim community, that they know will be highly critical of every single thing they will show case?

I really want Dovetail to succeed in the small world of flightsim.

But money talks, if they don't sell enough of their games/simulators eventually that department will be shut down. That is the reality and we all here know it.

I personally think, and this my opinion and not mend as bashing, that Dovetail have to step up their game, if they want to succeed, strictly on the bases of that video and what I have seen so far.

Fair comment Silicus! I actually delated the reference you made as I thought it sounded too harsh. You are right of course, Dovetail have to convince us we have a worthy platform to move while running a business at the same time, it's a balance I'm sure DTG are all too aware of!

Judging by many of the comments I have read on YouTube Pertaining to FSX SE and the forthcoming DTG offering I think the influx of new participants in the Flight Sim community is going to contain a lot of obnoxious retards. Baton down the hatches  :smile: 

Judging by many of the comments I have read on YouTube Pertaining to FSX SE and the forthcoming DTG offering I think the influx of new participants in the Flight Sim community is going to contain a lot of obnoxious retards. Baton down the hatches  :smile:

Judging by many comments and by the number of "Likes" on YouTube, one could conclude that Kate Perry brought much more to the history of music than Mozart.

• Upvote 3