Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

Would be great to see this in the Q400 and Aerosoft buses etc

Don't both already have integrated wx radars?  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Not to disagree but the Q400 has one.  I guess adding this to the plane would be fun, but where?  That entire cockpit is loaded with gauges, MFDs, ect.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Greetings

You need to check this weather radar out its amazing and it actually works. It shows the precipitation at different density and reflects turbulence in WX/T mode without  the cloud clutter and with a working beam tilt. The radar works in all my aircraft including my x 55 yacht.

The radar communicates with  all weather sources default, REX  Weather architect and incredibly well  with OPUS FSI you can actually track the rain cells and modify your flight attitude to suit. Again in my opinion this radar is simply amazing and not just another piece of cockpit add-on eye candy and its reasonably priced, on sale right now.. You really need to see this.  http://rexsimulations.com/radar.html

Dreamer 

Awesome! Looks like I found my next purchase!

Hi Chris,

We have completed the API for aircraft developers and will be contacting them as soon as possible. Also, feel free to contact them and inquire about the integration. We will send them all that they need, it's a very simple process.

Hi Tim,

I currently have an addon gauge in-development that provides a universal ND for Terrain Display mode for aircrafts like the PMDG MD-11. Would it be possible to integrate this so that the ND can provide WXR in addition to TERR with the API? Or is it only for full aircraft developers (not gauge devs)? 

- HC

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Not to disagree but the Q400 has one.  I guess adding this to the plane would be fun, but where?  That entire cockpit is loaded with gauges, MFDs, ect.

We are working on an API that includes the ability to integrate into their cockpit gauges.  This will be done this week.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Not to disagree but the Q400 has one. I guess adding this to the plane would be fun, but where? That entire cockpit is loaded with gauges, MFDs, ect.

lol, the ones in the q400 and Airbus are a joke at best. The q400 is the worst one of the two but neither are anywhere near what you get from say the active sky implementation on the ngx

I would like to see this version replace each that is currently on the ND of each of those aircraft, not add another gage.

Don't both already have integrated wx radars?  

Both useless for the most part. The q400 is the worst of the two.

Good news first.

The WX radar works like a charm in the Milviz B55 and C310R both as 2D and as 3D. What was good is now perfect.

Zc3x4eg.jpg

peW0EC9.jpg

HG5jaFE.jpg

Bad news now.

I had problems with any other aircraft, where the WX radar is supposed to work only as 2D, for the moment. I tried three different aircraft with the same result. When hitting the appropriate key combination, the 2D panel did not open. Instead, the mouse pointer turned to a spinning circle (meaning the call is right, but there is some hiccup). In fact, I opened the panel.cfg (in the example below, the Carenado Beechcraft B58) and I noticed that the Gauge Management Tool had added something unexpected:

Window07 = WX Advantage Radar

[Window07]
ident = 71
visible = 0
sizeable = 1
size_mm = 419,381
position = 0
window_size = 0,343511450381679,0,556719107690809
window_pos = 0,0
gauge00 = MV_WX!WX2D,0,0,419,381,1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1

I added [//] to the last line by changing to:

//gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1

With this edit, the WX radar finally showed up when hitting Shift+9. However, only the brightness and the tilt knobs were operational. All the others knobs were not, including the Main knob, which made impossible to turn on the radar. This shot is from my attempt with Carenado Cessna/Reims F406, after removing the last line as specified above:

66FK4in.jpg

Resizing the window did not changed a thing. I think this is a small glitch that you can easily fix, but would you mind look into it?
Thanks

• Upvote 1

Got that already in my PMDG NGX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

But you need ASN for it to work right?  This doesn't require a Wx engine, or will work with other Wx engine addons...including default

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

But you need ASN for it to work right?  This doesn't require a Wx engine, or will work with other Wx engine addons...including default

"Any 3rd-party weather engine, freeware weather engine, as well as the built-in weather of the flight simulator".

"Any 3rd-party weather engine, freeware weather engine, as well as the built-in weather of the flight simulator".

I meant what Bob had in his NGX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

lol, the ones in the q400 and Airbus are a joke at best. The q400 is the worst one of the two but neither are anywhere near what you get from say the active sky implementation on the ngx

I would like to see this version replace each that is currently on the ND of each of those aircraft, not add another gage.

Both useless for the most part. The q400 is the worst of the two.

Do you have the pro version of the Q and ASN?

I wonder how this new radar finds cells, as far as I know ASN is the only weather add-on that has the ability to inject precipitation in precise areas, without that ability any WXR is basically useless.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Will this work with P3dV3.1? And ASN?

Will this work with P3dV3.1? And ASN?

since  rich  is using  p3d   and  asn,  and  rex  said  it  will work on any addon  wx  weather  engine  including  fsx   default so yes

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

•Windows Vista SP2 or greater, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (Use of this product in any other version of Windows is not supported at this time)

•FSX Acceleration, FSX:Steam Edition, Prepar3d Version 2.5 (Latest release, with all hotfixes), Prepar3d Version 3.2.3 (Latest release, with all hotfixes)

•Processor: 2.6 Ghz processor or higher

This was taken from the first paragraph of the link given by the op

•The WX Advantage Radar System is a unique, advanced weather radar system that can be used with ANY 3rd-party weather engine, freeware weather engine, as well as the built-in weather of the flight simulator.

•Compatible with Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X, FSX:Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. Each license of the WX Advantage Radar allows activation for all three flight

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yes  true  but  this  will work on any aircraft   and  with any  weather  engine  as Ryan has  pointed  out

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg