Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Breaking: Egypt Air Vanished From Radar

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The likelihood now of this not being catastrophic is very low now. Most likely some sort of inflight breakup.

God rest the souls of those lost and their families hearts. I pray the outcome will be good, but should it not be, I pray for their peace. 

The likelihood now of this not being catastrophic is very low now. Most likely some sort of inflight breakup.

"catastrophic" absolutely doesn't have to imply "inflight breakup". Yes, most likely it was a catastrophic event of some kind but it is impossible to say anything more.

Unfortunately since the plane never reappeared or landed and is still missing, I'd expect that there will be no survivors.

Prays to the victims and their families.

"catastrophic" absolutely doesn't have to imply "inflight breakup". Yes, most likely it was a catastrophic event of some kind but it is impossible to say anything more.

From the information available right now it seems highly unlikely that it descended in one piece let alone in a controlled manner. Inflight breakup seems the most plausible at this time.

From the information available right now

.. what information? There is no information besides that flight is missing.

EgyptAir 990 also 'disappeared' in 1999 an no 'in flight' beak up was involved. So did Egyptian Flash Air 604- no in-flight beak-up. Many flights disappeared one way or another with no in-flight break-up. Actually in-flight break-up is pretty rare.

• Upvote 2

Prayers to all affected by this sad news and may God rest the souls of the departed.

.. what information? There is no information besides that flight is missing.

EgyptAir 990 also 'disappeared' in 1999 an no 'in flight' beak up was involved. So did Egyptian Flash Air 604- no in-flight beak-up. Many flights disappeared one way or another with no in-flight break-up. Actually in-flight break-up is pretty rare.

Fair enough, I'm just suggesting that this was most likely no accident. Here is a graphic with the flight's possible movements, http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/512/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2016/5/19/e5b87ea0-c659-48d8-8432-fedaa6aee536.png

Looks like wreckage has been found.

Considering the good weather conditions i'd guess that it was probably a bomb or some type of a terrorist activity that brought the flight down .

• Upvote 1

RIP.

Assuming no terrorism, I wonder if it will be either a type "Stalling a Bus at high altitude" or a "Let me back in" incident again.

Sad, nevertheless.

Cheers,

RIP....Hope the families get the answers they need.

This is after AvHerald:

On May 20th 2016 The Aviation Herald received information from three independent channels, that ACARS (Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System) messages with following content were received from the aircraft:

00:26Z 3044 ANTI ICE R WINDOW
00:26Z 561200 R SLIDING WINDOW SENSOR
00:26Z 2600 SMOKE LAVATORY SMOKE
00:27Z 2600 AVIONICS SMOKE
00:28Z 561100 R FIXED WINDOW SENSOR
00:29Z 2200 AUTO FLT FCU 2 FAULT
00:29Z 2700 F/CTL SEC 3 FAULT
no further ACARS messages were received

Clearly at this point absolutely nothing could be said whether it is terrorist related or not. It could easily go either way. 

http://avherald.com/h?article=4987fb09&opt=7168

• Upvote 1

Is it known if ACARS messages with the same time stamp are correctly ordered in time (that is, we can confirm that the window events were prior to the smoke event)?

scott s.

Is it known if ACARS messages with the same time stamp are correctly ordered in time (that is, we can confirm that the window events were prior to the smoke event)?

scott s.

I would completely disregard the window event as it would be impossible to open it with the aircraft pressurized. Most likely an erroneous fault.

I would completely disregard the window event as it would be impossible to open it with the aircraft pressurized. Most likely an erroneous fault.

No it would be consistent with the start of systems and sensors failing in the avionics bay (cascading  failure)

I read the same article and I read through the comments, and there was mention of EFB's placed in those locations https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=airbus+a320+electronic+flightbag&view=detailv2&&id=64D34655D223C3760C2DA69B842F2030328979EF&selectedIndex=1&ccid=TVjjx8M%2b&simid=608042420935720960&thid=OIP.M4d58e3c7c33e223512e21d3f8d3a9eceo0&ajaxhist=0

I​f any of you A320 pilots could back this as maybe being a cause or not please chime in!