Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

FlightSimLabs A320 Ready for Takeoff!

Look at the Aerosoft CRJ, they had it ready to release at the end of last year... I'll believe both when I see it!

The Aerosoft CRJ situation is/was farcical.  But the optimist in me notes that the CRJ failed in late beta testing, whereas the FSL A320 is at Release Candidate stage.  So I'm pretty hopeful that the early adopter package will be with us in weeks rather than months.

It will be a Day 1 purchase for me, as I use FSX and XP10 a lot more than P3D3.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Some of that footage is quite "jerky". I would have thought that FS Labs would have wanted smooth animation in a promotional video....

True  but  than  if  they went the other  way  and  doctored  the  vid  in some  way  to make  it perfect   than  what,  didn't  noticed  it  at  all must have  missed  that part  you  were referring  to

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Looks pretty substantial to me. Hopefully won't take too long anymore. 

If anyone from FlightSimLabs is watching this thread, I need some help.

I am trying to register in their forums. After filling out the required fields a validation link was supposed to be sent to my email. I did receive an automated email from them, but there was not a link in the message body, just this: NIL)

I then waited the required 15 minutes before requesting a re-send of the validation link. I was taken to a page that said there was an error. I tried their "contact" button and filled in the message, name and email address fields. Clicked to send it and it wouldn't go through. Said I didn't pass the security check.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

True  but  than  if  they went the other  way  and  doctored  the  vid  in some  way  to make  it perfect   then  what

Don't misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to suggest that this had anything to do with the quality of the A320 product itself. It's just that......if it was me, I would have wanted the animation to be smooth at all times. That doesn't mean that I would have "doctored" it. I would simply have explored settings that allowed fluid motion in the recorded image.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I note that the pro version is catering to cockpit builders. Prosim is also working on a 'bus version, so there's likely to be few options for this in the near future.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Any chance of a link to where it mentions 4k not recommended. I've had a quick look.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Don't misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to suggest that this had anything to do with the quality of the A320 product itself. It's just that......if it was me, I would have wanted the animation to be smooth at all times.

No  worries, just watched  it  again  this  time in full screen   and  didn't  noticed  anything unusal  compared  to  all the other  promo  videos  of  other  addons  etc.   So  unless  you can  give  the times   of  the issues  than maybe  I can  spot them on my  pc  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I note that the pro version is catering to cockpit builders. Prosim is also working on a 'bus version, so there's likely to be few options for this in the near future.

And Jeehell FMGS is available now -- so looking good for Airbus fans. Hopefully we will see more of these, getting kind of tired of the 737 :)

• Upvote 1

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

No  worries, just watched  it  again  this  time in full screen   and  didn't  noticed  anything unusal  compared  to  all the other  promo  videos  of  other  addons  etc.   So  unless  you can  give  the times   of  the issues  than maybe  I can  spot them on my  pc

To be fair, I have just watched the video again, and it was significantly smoother this time. I could still detect micro stutters at times in some external shots, but it was a lot better. It's possible that my connection simply wasn't quite as good last night, so it's nothing to worry about.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

so it's nothing to worry about.

The only  thing to worry  about  is  when its  going  to be  released :wink:

Peter kelberg

To be fair, I have just watched the video again, and it was significantly smoother this time. I could still detect micro stutters at times in some external shots, but it was a lot better. It's possible that my connection simply wasn't quite as good last night, so it's nothing to worry about.

For some reason (only known to themselves) they picked London Heathrow, probably the worst Airport for frames in the sim (doesn't matter if it's the UK2000v3 or the Aerosoft version).  In the PMDG 777 i am lucky if i can get 12fps on a bad day with heavy overcast. 

Ian R Tyldesley

Don't want to spoil the party here, but I'm not really excited about this. Visuals look like crap (especially compared to the Aerosoft version) and the video indicates that this will have very poor fps performance. Which is not a wonder given the tons of systems this is simulating. As an owner of the Aerosoft version I really ask myself whether I want to spend in excess of 100 dollars to get a poor performing add-on which simulates tons of things which I don't care about anyways...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The A320 looks great!  But this vids night lighting realy  puts FSX and P3D to shame compared X-Plane 10. I,m not trying to start a war I fly all 3 platforms!

Jason Richards

As an owner of the Aerosoft version I really ask myself whether I want to spend in excess of 100 dollars to get a poor performing add-on which simulates tons of things which I don't care about anyways...

Where  did  you get  the figure  excess of  $100   from   since  they havnt  said  anything  about the  cost of  it,  since  this  is  about  fslabs  and  not  about  aerosoft  version  and  don't  want  to get  the thread  derailed  about  aersoft v  fslabs.. maybe  you don't  care  about  the  simulation  its  going  to bring  iam sure  there  are plenty  of  others  that do care.. And  how  do you know  about  poor  performance  since  you havnt  actually  tested  your  self  yet

• Upvote 1

Peter kelberg