Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

FlightSimLabs A320 Ready for Takeoff!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Fantastic! Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I can't wait for this thing to be released! ;-)

What I'm most excited about -- 

" The Professional version of the A320-X for P3D will follow at some point afterwards as we realize there is significant demand by hardware builders and professional customers who wish to fill the existing void in the market for this aircraft."

Looks impressive.

Look at the Aerosoft CRJ, they had it ready to release at the end of last year... I'll believe both when I see it!

I see the video heavily emphasises a multi-crew team operating the aircraft in the simulator yet I can't find much on the multi-crew aspect itself apart from a vague post made in 2013 on FSL forums. Do they intend to provide shared cockpit functionality?

Looking forward to this too... A few of my fellow airline buddies are curious as well. My biggest curiosity is the FMGS, and how it compares to the real aircraft.

I see the video heavily emphasises a multi-crew team operating the aircraft in the simulator yet I can't find much on the multi-crew aspect itself apart from a vague post made in 2013 on FSL forums. Do they intend to provide shared cockpit functionality?

The Youtube video says that they are going to provide that...but not in version 1.0.

I am waiting for the P3D version, but i am worried about the price, i run the Professional version, i hope that they don't charge too much more. 

You mean there won't be a "P3D" version but "P3D Academic" and "P3D PRO" versions?

Than I suggest you post your question in there than

While just sitting here waiting patiently for the PMDG 747, I now know what my next purchase will probably be...

Your 'helpful' comment aside it wasn't my question, i was doing my best to answer the previous question.

• Upvote 1

That particular post doesn't answer the explicit question regarding the different versions of P3D.  It doesn't say that the "Entertainment" version will be available on P3D pro; even though that question is actually asked within the post.

Exactly. And i did ask, but nobody replied.

It's there, how could you miss it?

Exactly. And i did ask, but nobody replied.

It's there, how could you miss it?

I know i saw your question...i guess we are all going to be waiting and see what the result is.

That particular post doesn't answer the explicit question regarding the different versions of P3D.  It doesn't say that the "Entertainment" version will be available on P3D pro; even though that question is actually asked within the post.

My understanding is the initial release will be A320-X Entertainment edition for FSX, which they will then port fairly quickly to P3D (all licences, if it's like their Concorde-X). The A320 Pro (which might be P3D only) will be a long time yet, and will probably have various tiers of pricing dependant on personal/commercial (they may use different product names instead to signify this difference)

Also, if they use the same pricing strategy as the Concorde-X, there will be NO upgrade path between FSX and P3D, so if you migrate to P3D later you will have to repurchase. If that's the case I won't be purchasing until I moved to P3D (and who knows when that'll be, I might need a new system)!

P3D (all licences, if it's like their Concorde-X).

If true that is excellent news, it's certainly going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

If true that is excellent news, it's certainly going to be a day 1 purchase for me.

I make yours my words.

I believe you will need to purchase separate license for FSX and P3D so don't make the mistake of buying FSX version first day if what you really want is P3D.

Great news, been waiting a long time for this A320 to be released.  Good luck FSL!

Is it just an alternative to Aerosoft's buses or is there more system modulation?

Still not holding my breath.  To an airplane dev "soon" means two months to two years.  ("You keep using that word...")  Still, I have to say, however long it is, it's usually worth the wait.

I notice on their website it says this:

Be aware that running the simulator at screen resolutions higher than 1920×1080 will cause significantly increased VAS memory requirements and it is NOT recommended.

Why is that?  Seems the textures are what they are.  Rendering them on a 4K screen would use video memory, not VAS, yes?