Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

FlightSimLabs A320 Ready for Takeoff!

Where  did  you get  the figure  excess of  $100   from   since  they havnt  said  anything  about the  cost of  it,  since  this  is  about  fslabs  and  not  about  aerosoft  version  and  don't  want  to get  the thread  derailed  about  aersoft v  fslabs.. maybe  you don't  care  about  the  simulation  its  going  to bring  iam sure  there  are plenty  of  others  that do care.. And  how  do you know  about  poor  performance  since  you havnt  actually  tested  your  self  yet

Come on. Do you really expect a product which they themselves state is the most complex simulation ever for a desktop PC to be priced lower than 100 bucks? The PMDG 777 for P3D at 134.99 is certainly a good estimate for the price of the FSLabs A320 P3D version.

And my comment doesn't derail anything. Most around here will most likely already own the Aerosoft A320. Then the purchase decision is different compared to the purchase of a completely new plane (like the 787 for example) in that you have to ask yourself whether spending the purchase price is really worth the ADDITIONAL features you get compared to the Aerosoft version. And for me personally, I won't spend in excess of 100 dollars to get additional features I don't care about. But obviously this is a totally subjective opinion.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I don't think speculation is worth it.  We'll know the price and actual performance soon enough.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

And my comment doesn't derail anything. Most around here will most likely already own the Aerosoft A320. Then the purchase decision is different compared to the purchase of a completely new plane (like the 787 for example) in that you have to ask yourself whether spending the purchase price is really worth the ADDITIONAL features you get compared to the Aerosoft version. And for me personally, I won't spend in excess of 100 dollars to get additional features I don't care about. But obviously this is a totally subjective opinion.

+1  Not a real life pilot but seems the Airbus "fly-by-wire" setup makes flying a good deal "easier" than say the PMDG 737 (or, the real life 737 I'd imagine). That in mind, this version of the A320 will need to be quite a bit more realistic than the Aerosoft offerings to a sim pilot.  Price will be the decider.  

Then again, I will probably buy it because that is what I do - buy add-ons like my wife buys shoes...

Still not holding my breath.  To an airplane dev "soon" means two months to two years.  ("You keep using that word...")  Still, I have to say, however long it is, it's usually worth the wait.

I notice on their website it says this:

Why is that?  Seems the textures are what they are.  Rendering them on a 4K screen would use video memory, not VAS, yes?

I think this might be a holdover from the FSL experience with the ConcordeX where people with very large screen resolutions ended up with OOM's.  This was primarily due to the huge number of 2D popup screens for that bird so not quite sure why it would be an issue for the A320.  I guess someone will have to try it and report their findings.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

NDFLIEGER:  Sometimes I find registering for many flight sim sites, or their forums is almost like filling-out a mortgage application: It's like, your asking them for money. And after all that, you have to put together the little puzzles. :smile:   

I think it's pretty certain it will cost north of $100, i would assume around the same price as PMDG, let's just hope PMDG don't release the Queen at the same time...that will be a Flight Sim great month, financially a dog food month! :smile:  

Ian R Tyldesley

Aerosoft Airbus was good..visually.  I used to fly that all the time in P3D until PMDG came up with their 777. Then I stopped flying the Airbus.

Would I be interested in a more "realistic" A320 with all systems  and would I pay $100+ for this? Absolutely...provided I get decent FPS no worse than I get on the 777 using 3 X 24" monitors. :)

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I think it's pretty certain it will cost north of $100

Are we talking  p3d  or  fsx  prices  here

Would I be interested in a more "realistic" A320 with all systems and would I pay $100+ for this? Absolutely...provided I get decent FPS no worse than I get on the 777 using 3 X 24" monitors. :)

I would  gather  it will be the  same  as  the pmdg 777  looking  forward  to the release 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are we talking  p3d  or  fsx  prices  here

Sorry, i was referring to the P3D price.  I think they will be inline with PMDG, in fact it wouldn't greatly surprise me if it was priced identically.

I think PMDG are pretty much the top end of what the market will bear.  The scary prospect is an expensive FSL A320 say $150 that we all rush to buy, then watch other suppliers put the prices up to match.

Ian R Tyldesley

then watch other suppliers put the prices up to match.

If the Aircraft was on par with PMDG/FSL then it`s quite acceptable, but i hardly think every developer would increase the price because of this release and expect us to buy them!, are we all that gullible, I`m not!

tpewpb-6.png

If the Aircraft was on par with PMDG/FSL then it`s quite acceptable, but i hardly think every developer would increase the price because of this release and expect us to buy them!, are we all that gullible, I`m not!

I meant proportionally, not that every Aircraft would suddenly be priced at the PMDG/FSL(?) level.

Ian R Tyldesley

Come on. Do you really expect a product which they themselves state is the most complex simulation ever for a desktop PC to be priced lower than 100 bucks? The PMDG 777 for P3D at 134.99 is certainly a good estimate for the price of the FSLabs A320 P3D version.

How important is system and flight model accuracy to you? To me it's everything

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB