Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Prepar3D V3.3.3 Released

Hi Poppet,

Thank you for all your hard work, and everyone who contributes here on Avsim.

A question tho, im just about to install 3.3, is everything working ok for you? Eg uk2000 airports? Im doing a clean windows 10 etc install too.

Regards

James

James, as I have said above, UK2000 scenery does not work properly with P3D 3.3.3. Ground textures/markings are blurred and jetways missing. Apparently due to an old SDK being originally used which is not compatible with the latest P3D update.

It does not matter whether you do a clean install of P3D or you are using W10. Unless a fix is forthcoming these older sceneries, which did not originally have a P3D installer, will NOT work.

I went back to P3D v3.2 and all is fine.

Poppet

Thanks for your advice after hunting high and low I managed to locate the Prepar3D_v3_Academic_3.2.3.16769 which I have now re-installed managed to keep all my addons and thankfully all my UK2000 airports are back to normal  :smile: I'm just going to enjoy it now and I'll be sure never to dive in again and just install an update without having a read first...  :fool: (p.s sorry didn't really know how to respond so thought the best way was to give you a mention)

• Upvote 1

Wasn't around yesterday to see the new update.  If I want to just install Client Update, I need to download the whole 9.83 GB ?  That's all I see to download.

Wasn't around yesterday to see the new update.  If I want to just install Client Update, I need to download the whole 9.83 GB ?  That's all I see to download.

There's a plus sign just below it - it expands to the individual files.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well I don't know what this new version was supposed to improve, but for me at least it did the opposite. Performance reduced by approx. 15%, my GPU is running at 100% while before it was less stressed and clouds are still hammering my rig just like before. Please don't tell me I'm the only one having issues..

Any word on VAS usage? I read there's some question as to whether it's increased with this update.

I'm staying away from this update until these issues are sorted.

• Upvote 1

A tad worried now.....  I have just created a flight at the default Orbx England EGCC  (not payware), with the 737NGX and my initial VAS usage is already 3380? Ouch!!  

Edit: I only have Orbx England and Orbx Western Europe (plus the obligatory locked P3D sceneries] enabled.

Orbx England

Interesting, but that add-on has always had a poor VAS footprint, what were the figures like before V333?

Ian R Tyldesley

I'm staying away from this update until these issues are sorted.

I sense a lot of 'dittos' in the Force.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I sense a lot of 'dittos' in the Force.

More than a few people on P3D Facebook page have had to roll back to 3.2 because of scenery or Vas or cloud issues.  A couple of people had lost their 3.2 install files,  so they are stuck. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No VAS or cloud issues for me ... V3.3 is running exceptionally well and I have over 203 add-ons installed (yes I actually keep a spreadsheet) ... made a few videos using settings even more extreme than my normal extreme settings (i.e. 4096 textures, DR at Ultra, etc.) using PMDG 777 at large 3rd party airports.

Also using the new Orbx libraries and FTX Central with the unified lookup so no need to select regions now or use Hybrid mode.

IF you have airports using legacy FS2002 processing, then you might run into some issues.  If that is the case then you might want to stay with 3.2 before proceeding.

Cheers, Rob.

IF you have airports using legacy FS2002 processing, then you might run into some issues. If that is the case then you might want to stay with 3.2 before proceeding.

I guess we need to get a list of airports with problems.  Nobody knows which airports have done this.  It can be a bit hard to flush out since people may have other, unrelated things causing the problems.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM