Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Sedona to Palm Springs in a DC-6

Ok, this is not a secretly converted PMDG DC-6 for X-plane, but the Just Flight DC-6. It flies pretty nice and looks great. And luckily I don’t need a degree in physics in order to start the engines. She might look small when parked next to a 777, but here in Sedona among all the GA planes, this thing is BIG!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Drop everything

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hope you like them

• Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Love those great screenshots and lighting!

HLJAMES

Some amazing shots, especially with the vintage DC6.  I also just recently purchased the JF DC6 and have been well pleased. 

Flightsimming is always a joy, but flying the DC-6 is something special. I fly her regularly in FS9, using Tim Gibsons excellent freeware model. I like the sound of the engines (I even like starting them!), I like the elegant shape, I like her cockpit looking like a watchmaker's shop, I like her flying behaviour.

And what I wanted to say..., when looking at these shots, I feel what I feel when I fly her.

By the way, does this model have slow spinning props at engine startup, enabling to count the prop blades before switching the magnetoes and giving full rich mixture?

Does anyone know if PMDG is planning  on a DC-6 for P3D?

Got the answer..Google is my friend.. The answer is Yes... eventually.

Thanks a lot gents for your kind comments

By the way, does this model have slow spinning props at engine startup, enabling to count the prop blades before switching the magnetoes and giving full rich mixture?

Sorry Harald for my late answer, yes the engines start to turn properly, but it’s very much a Ctrl E thing and the props will develop fairly rapidly a constant spin, so there is not much of a slow, deliberate turn and loud coughing before the engines get their act together. As the pictures show, smoking is quite nice though

image.jpg

image.jpg

smoking is quite nice though

Oh yes, that looks very fine. Thanks for your answer, Bernd!