Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly FS 2: Update thread

Informational + Update

There have been a flurry of updates, mostly undocumented, in the last few days, though its a good guess that they were related to small glitches in VR mode.

Also: 

ipacs aerofly  [developer] 4 hours ago 
This update adds Genf to the Switzerland DLC.

And:

ipacs aerofly  [developer] 1 hour ago 

We are working on (an) A380, it will be improved with better Autopilot and extra functionality compared to the mobile version. It will be a few more weeks until we can release it.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

A380! :smile:

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wow! A380 is one of my preferred, and still no good one for FSX / P3D...

I would also really appreciate to have my DR-400 back, and even better, to be able to perform glider tug missions :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok, I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this. Can someone let me know if the ground resolution outside of urban areas has improved within SW USA.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I can't anser your question because I didn't even notice it installed the update soon after I installed AEFS2, but it looks very nice even when I fly between airports, accross rural areas, or deserts, or mountains...

Beware, users comming from FSX / P3D or X-Plane 10 shouldn't expect the same level of system's complexity right now in AEFS2 aircraft or weather modeling, although what is offered in the pre-release is already very good.

Flight dynamics wise AEFS2 is way ahead of FSX / P3D, and imh even X-Plane 10 because it follows a somehow similar approach in terms of decomposing an aircraft into many aerodynamic structures that combined give the final outcome, but it does it in a more flexible and fine-tunable way than X-Plane ( again, this is my oppinion... ).

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Ok, I am getting close to pulling the trigger on this. Can someone let me know if the ground resolution outside of urban areas has improved within SW USA.

The way it works is texture resolution increases around airports and some city areas. Users asked for even higher resolution, and Ipacs complied with an update that took the sim from its original size of 30Gb and moved it up to its current size of approx 90GB. (more with Switzerland added)

And yes, as you could imagine, this did significantly enhance the explicitly covered scenery areas.

A nice place to see this is at Twentynine Palms for instance, which is barely distinguishable (including the airport) from Orbx's rendition of the area.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Let me know when that high resolution covers the entire south western USA region :wink:

EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe someone could post a few screenshots showing the standard texture resolution areas from 1000 feet and 2000 feet altitude?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

EDIT: On second thoughts, maybe someone could post a few screenshots showing the standard texture resolution areas from 1000 feet and 2000 feet altitude?

I agree, this would be great to see.

The way it works is texture resolution increases around airports and some city areas. Users asked for even higher resolution, and Ipacs complied with an update that took the sim from its original size of 30Gb and moved it up to its current size of approx 90GB. (more with Switzerland added)

And yes, as you could imagine, this did significantly enhance the explicitly covered scenery areas.

A nice place to see this is at Twentynine Palms for instance, which is barely distinguishable (including the airport) from Orbx's rendition of the area.

Is the resolution you see in the cities in SW USA now the same as in the non-city areas in SW USA?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Off topic but here are various heights out in the middle of nowhere

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_04_20160805-1358

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_02_20160805-1355

aerofly_fs_2_screenshot_06_20160805-1359

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Late to the party here friends,VR Support has Magnetically drew me here :smile: Thank You for this topic [and sorry for off topic] HiFlyer :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Off topic but here are various heights out in the middle of nowhere

Hm, I think most people (me included) are more interested in screenshots NOT in the middle of nowhere but in places where you can actually see something. These screenshots tell me nothing about the quality of the textures.

BTW Can you remove that very ugly bar at the top of the screen? I am getting more and more interested in AFS2 but not if you are stuck with that bar.

EDIT

Had a look at a few video's: scenery looks like FSX photoreal with autogen trees pasted on it. Awful. Looks just as fake as photoreal does in FSX/P3D. Thought there would be more 3D out there. Pity.

The bar is optional.

The flight dynamics are promissing, to say the least.

There's good future in AFS2 imo...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Hm, I think most people (me included) are more interested in screenshots NOT in the middle of nowhere but in places where you can actually see something. These screenshots tell me nothing about the quality of the textures.

The request I answered was specifically for pictures of places away from the designated High Def areas.

BTW Can you remove that very ugly bar at the top of the screen? I am getting more and more interested in AFS2 but not if you are stuck with that bar.

As Jose mentioned, the info bar is optional.

Had a look at a few video's: scenery looks like FSX photoreal with autogen trees pasted on it. Awful. Looks just as fake as photoreal does in FSX/P3D. Thought there would be more 3D out there. Pity.

Some people don't like photoscenery and some swear by it.  I myself haven't historically been a fan of it, but find I do like Aeroflys implementation (and the future possibility of OSM footprint placement) much better so far than the familiar "plausible" mish-mash in Flight School, for instance.

Devons rig

Some of us prefer photoscenery (even without autogen) to landclass based scenery. I have ORBx FTX Northern Ireland installed only because there is no decent quality photoscenery of this country available. I had FTX Republic of Ireland installed at one time, but I replaced it with the PlayHorizon VFR GenX Photographic Scenery Volumes 9 and 10. No autogen, but a much better representation of Ireland (particularly the coastlines).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've been a long time FSX with FTX global and now NA landclass etc

AF2 is the best looking flightsim I've ever seen, the cockpits are unbelievable, the sound is awesome, the loading times are lightspeed compared to FSX

there are some thumbsdown items but this is very exciting, I think