Sign in to follow this  
Nike Hercoles

AS16 + ASCA causes FSX to crash on exit

Hi 

I bought and installed both of them yesterday but I have had two problems:

1 - There is no weather depiction in Xgauge in WX mode

2 - FSX crashes on exit after using AS16 + ASCA, It crashes after asking " Are you sure you want to exit Flight Simulator?"

Any idea?

Hi,

We are aware of a few reports of crashing on exit and we are working on this.  We believe it is related to interaction with another add-on.  Xgauge:  We have identified and resolved a problem with XGauge using FSX:SE.  Are you using FSX:SE?  If so, you can try this update which should resolve it (currently in BETA):

http://nimbus.hifitechinc.com/hf3/ActiveSky2016_FSX_Update.exe (installs over the top - and be sure to re-run XGauge tool to update the gauge files).

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for reply Damian. No my FSX is boxed version.I also have ASN for several years and have had no problem with it.

Regarding XGauge I want to add that when I switch to wx mode there is no sweeping on it's screen.

Hi all,

I too had FSX crash on exiting with AS16. I don't know if this is any help to you at all, but I find that if I exit AS16 before exiting from FSX it doesn't always crash, but used to if I exited FSX first. Not sure that will help any.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

active sky 16     rex overdrive   when i do flight   programe flight into both     when plane turns on final   asn  stops working  fsx crashes     if i run all but not programe flight into asn it does not crash   how to solve prob     fsx steam   windows 7ult 64bt 

Greetings,

Has there been a resolution to this issue? I have a fresh install of Windows 7 and FSX w/Acceleration (Boxed, not $team Edition).

ASN+ASCA crashes when I try to exit the simulator.

I can't find any problems with the ASN log, but the ASN Simconnect log as errors.

I have all three RTM/SP1/XPACK simconnect(s) installed. Current running build 6066 with hotfix 3.

Please advise.

Thanks

Michael

Madness Software

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

If you enable the exit confirmation dialog, this resolves the crash on exit from P3D at least. Not that this is a permanent solution (i really hate 'patching'), but works for now in my case at least.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yea, not working there. FSX always asks me to quit. Anyone from Hifi shed a light on this please?

Michael Lagow
Madness Software

I keep getting a fatal error with FSX (Boxed) on exit also when I'm using AS16 & ASCA!

Any fixes for this?

"Speed is Life, Altitude is Insurance"

sigpic607877_4.gif

Hi,

this has been fixed and will be part of an upcoming hotfix. For now, first close AS16 and then the simulator

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi

Today I downloaded and installed the beta version of hotfix 4 both for AS16 & ASCA. The problem is still there and FSX crashes on exit. Even with Ctrl+C I got FSX CTD.

HI, I did not have this problem until the latest hotfix that I installed a couple of days ago.

According to AppCrash as_btstrp.dll_unloaded is the culprit.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5