Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

Rich-

that is correct and I do have to admit that of fellow developers. A lot of them are very eager to assist - I am very happy though that I was able to assist Francois today with his issues, he's a very nice guy and had only good things to say about our products.

Well said Lefteris - best wishes on your new A320X   :wink:  

Rich Sennett

Thanks Mark - any difference in performance now - what resolution monitor are you using it on - full screen ? and on par with T777 ?

Great framerates and good VAS but having problems with texture loading taking forever.  This must be something in my setup and I have been using P3D for a long time so I need to do some work to figure out what is happening.

Question for the gallery - is there currently a preferred program for swapping pre-set fsx.cfgs and other settings on startup?  I seem to recall ORBX once had one (FSX Go?) that worked pretty well, but don't know if something else has come along to supplant it.  

Reason for the question - I'm still on the fence about the FSL A320 - looks like a masterpiece and I'm definitely interested, but I'd rather not go through the extra labor of toning down my settings just for the bus, then bumping them back up again for everything else.  Having a one-click "configure for FSL Airbus" option would be a nice convenience.  Let me know if that's a realistic hope.  Thanks in advance!

Simstarter NG - amazing program and works with both P3D and FSX

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Great framerates and good VAS but having problems with texture loading taking forever.  This must be something in my setup and I have been using P3D for a long time so I need to do some work to figure out what is happening.

Mark your using the FSX version of A320 right ?  texture loading ? what textures 

Rich Sennett

Hi David,

BAV seem to have no understanding that real life sometimes has to come first and since my house was a building site for 6 months does not come within there scope. They simple kick you.

As Mike has mentioned -- did you contact Ian or Antony in HR? We are normally more than happy to protect people's accounts in situations like this, and we do on a regular basis. But if we don't know we can't help!

• Upvote 2

Well that's great Simon, thank you I will email them both. It would be very nice to get my account back.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi,

Just to make sure: I read everywhere that this Bus is supposed to cost 99,95$, but no one seems to mention that this is the price without taxes... After VAT is added, in my country 21%, the price is not at all 99,95$ but actually 120,94$. Despite the high quality of this product, which I am sure is definitely worth it, it seems a bit unpleasantly misleading to me that even on the FSLabs website it is not at all stated that taxes still have to be added to the mentioned price...It was a surprise for me which only showed up right before I wanted to confirm my credit card payment.

Best wishes

Lennard

Hi,

Just to make sure: I read everywhere that this Bus is supposed to cost 99,95$, but no one seems to mention that this is the price without taxes... After VAT is added, in my country 21%, the price is not at all 99,95$ but actually 120,94$. Despite the high quality of this product, which I am sure is definitely worth it, it seems a bit unpleasantly misleading to me that even on the FSLabs website it is not at all stated that taxes still have to be added to the mentioned price...It was a surprise for me which only showed up right before I wanted to confirm my credit card payment.

Best wishes

Lennard

you can't be serious...

Is VAT not added in your country? Or is it? If it is, how is that any surprise to you?

You ask why it's not stated that taxes still have to be applied to the shown price. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that because every country and in some cases states have different tax laws and tax rates.

Do you want a crazy amount of different prices listed?

Do you have prices listed with tax included on all other items that you would purchase at stores? Or is a price listed on the item and it is assumed that taxes will be added to said listed price?

With the above question, I'm genuinely curious to know.

My last question is this...

If you knew you would have to add VAT to your purchase, and you knew the rate at which it was applied, why are you surprised by that when you went to purchase the product?

Well that's great Simon, thank you I will email them both. It would be very nice to get my account back.

you posted an email you got saying that if you didn't remain active within 30 days or fly within the first 14 days of account creation, your account would be cancelled. It also said that your account would get cancelled unless you applied for a leave of absence.

Out of curiosity, did you apply for said leave and they still cancelled your account after the fact? Or did you not apply for leave?

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Seems perfect. Thanks much for the guidance. I'll get started with it.

After VAT is added, in my country 21%, the price is not at all 99,95$ but actually 120,94$.

Just select some country with 0% tax and you're done.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Ive just wiped P3D off my PC, addons and all. Why?

Never mind Nyxx, I know so well what that means :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi,

Best wishes

Lennard

In Europe, at least, this is due to a decision made by the EU parliament fairly recently (last couple of years) which determined that VAT for online purchases had to be paid at the rate applicable to the buyer rather than to the seller (because fundamentally VAT is a consumer tax -- the business simply passes it straight on to the tax man). In the past you might have purchased from online vendors who listed inc-VAT prices and simply passed on the VAT in their own locale. They're not allowed/supposed to do that any more.

To be fair...

Do you have prices listed with tax included on all other items that you would purchase at stores? Or is a price listed on the item and it is assumed that taxes will be added to said listed price?

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in the UK at least you only generally see ex-VAT price labelling in wholesalers/places frequented by business customers (who would claim back the VAT if purchasing for business purposes). In the vast majority of shops, prices are typically labelled inclusive of VAT. In that sense, certainly in the bricks-and-mortar world VAT is very transparent to the buyer, so I can understand how someone used to that form of labelling (and thus not used to considering the effect of VAT on the price) might be surprised. I guess, however, it will become more normal as we get more used to online vendors pricing in this way.

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity, did you apply for said leave and they still cancelled your account after the fact? Or did you not apply for leave?

Well this is off topic really.

The end Feb I had a lot of working starting on my house I put myself on 90 day leave. But 90 days later my house was a building site and to be frank flight simming was the last thing on my mind also my email address I use 99.9% of the time is a Hotmail account and BA to not allow hotmail email account so I did not even see my email from them, my fault but anyway thats life. But now am still some time off getting P3D back/installed with everything and hopefully FSL A320 that i plan to fly countless hours in for the next few years.

I dont blame them I will email them today.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Do you actually need FSL Spotlights in order to get the VC lighting you see in the promotion videos? Or is the lighting included in the Airbus purchase?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

FSL Spotlights is a small, free download - you just have to install it.

Yes, it is required.

Why would a promotional video include something that is not in the product download?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png