Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

The Prepar3D version is priced at $64.95""

Ridiculous prices.

Garmin provides the core of the application for free, Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

But this is standard practice of Flight1 during the last years.

In earlier days, I considered them as the very best, now those times are long gone.

Now I consider them as very greedy and avoid them as much as possible.

• Upvote 4

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Garmin provides the core of the application for free, Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program. Sure, Garmin lets consumers use it for free, but it is another matter if you build an interface and sell it.

Peter

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program.

I'm 99% sure they have to pay a heavy license fee.

They look very nice, but in my case, I can't find a reason to justify another 130.00 for a P3D combo.

It might kill immersion with older planes, but I'm sticking to my GTN650/750 packages.

• Upvote 1

I'm 99% sure they have to pay a heavy license fee.

Based on.... ???

• Upvote 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program. 

I would be surprised if F1 would have to pay... For real Garmin (pilots) it provides an extra training method, surplus of the more static training method (without using FSX/P3D)

So (imo) it only contributes to the popularity of the Garmin products.

But may be you are correct....

Nevertheless why do pilots have to pay twice both for the FSX and P3D versions (latter = +50% price increase)

and also have separately buy both the GNS650 and GNS750. Both share same interface to FSX/P3D but require full price again.

To me (and that is of course my personal opinion) just is greed. In principle nothing wrong with greed, because we all (including me) can make our own decision to buy or not.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Yes, and the whole process is very easy! All you have to do is to select the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP"  :smile:

f1gns_config_toolahjlc.jpg

Easy as this seems, as I said earlier this seems only for FSX. This is the Prepar3D forum though...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

But this is standard practice of Flight1 during the last years.

In earlier days, I considered them as the very best, now those times are long gone.

Now I consider them as very greedy and avoid them as much as possible.

+1

• Upvote 2

Based on.... ???

Absolutely nothing. But in my dealings in aviation, everything that could have a liability potential is paid for dearly. Although Ive been wrong many times before.

Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

I highly doubt that it is that easy to develop an interface. Otherwise we would have seen a Garmin GNS 430/530 for P3D already. So you can be sure that Flight1 has invested countless hours into the development of their GNS series.

Easy as this seems, as I said earlier this seems only for FSX. This is the Prepar3D forum though...

There are many (mostly older) addons that have an RXP VC integration and work very well in P3D.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Not sure why anyone would choose the GNS over the GTN.

For the same reason we sim fly aircraft models that have been out of real world production for years....

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Has anyone replaced realityXP compatible aircraft like A2A and RealAir with the F1 GNS? I never cared for the GTN design and missing features like no DME readout. I like the style of the GNS units and only find them in real life anyway. I will move up to P3D if I can get these GNS' now in A2A and RealAir aircraft. 

All you have to do is to select the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP" 

Looking a reason I would want to do this (in FSX where RXP works and is already installed). Not being argumentative. Just thinking that through.  

Many of my aircraft with RXP GNS integrated into the panel have two GNSs.  A 430 and a 530 in some.  A pair of 430s in others. Yes, I have the RXP Unlimited pack. No apparent new features implemented in the F1 models.  Lack of flight plan crossfill is a deal breaker. I routinely with the RXP units fly with the map on one and flight plan waypoint list on the other.  Extra cost when crossfill becomes available is mentioned but no cost? So that could be taking a leap.  No mention of any ability to construct a flight plan in the F1 GNS and then save it out in FS format, which is a function I use frequently.

It may appear easy. But why would I replace them?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Because the RXP GNS units are not compatible with the FSX Steam Edition or P3D.

Yes, and the whole process is very easy! All you have to do is to select the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP" 

Understand this is the P3D forum. My point is why would you in P3D or Steam be replacing an incompatible gauge (RXP). Why would it be there to start with? Replacement would only seem to apply to FSX and then the question would be why would you do that since the RXP has a couple of additional features (writes FS flight plan and flight plan crossfill)? 

Now if you were replacing a default GPS, if it can do it, that would be another good point for these units, but the thread references replacing RXP gauges.

Frank Patton
ASUS