Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

Hi folks,

Flight1 just released their new GNS 430/530 for FSX & P3D. Has anyone tried it already? I will get me the 530 as soon as i have time for simming again. Would love to hear some feedback.

Thq...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:sad: the price is too high.

Yes same price as GTN750/650 but apparently without their hardware support.

gb.

Not sure why anyone would choose the GNS over the GTN. 

Because, at least here in Brazil, including the airplane that i fly that uses GNS530 (A Piper Turbo Arrow or Embraer Corisco Turbo ) it´s a kind of rare equipment, I personally never saw a GTN 750 in ANY aircraft in my life. I have the F1 GTN 750 and totally worth the money, but... In terms of simulating "My reality" i prefer the GNS 530 because this is a popular equip round here at Brazil. 

• Upvote 3

Not sure why anyone would choose the GNS over the GTN. 

A giant step backwards in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

A giant step backwards in my opinion

I agree, technologically, but I can see the market. The 530/430 is still popular in GA, and those who would like to simulate a more common platform thaT they would experience IRL might choose the GNS. But for me, after the GTN, there is no going back!

• Upvote 1

Because, at least here in Brazil, including the airplane that i fly that uses GNS530 (A Piper Turbo Arrow or Embraer Corisco Turbo ) it´s a kind of rare equipment, I personally never saw a GTN 750 in ANY aircraft in my life. I have the F1 GTN 750 and totally worth the money, but... In terms of simulating "My reality" i prefer the GNS 530 because this is a popular equip round here at Brazil. 

Agreed in full.

In terms of features? Obviously yes.

In terms of realism and adherence to the real counterpart? I strongly doubt so.

• Upvote 4

It is indeed. But so far I have not encountered an aircraft in real life with a GTN set on board. I have encountered many with a GNS set. In my virtual world I'd like to be able to use aircraft equipped with a GNS 530 and/or 430 as well. Next to the GTN units it gives more variety.

I'll wait before purchasing though to see how these units are picked up by aircraft developers. I'd like seamless integration in my A2A aircraft.

• Upvote 1

It is indeed. But so far I have not encountered an aircraft in real life with a GTN set on board. I have encountered many with a GNS set. In my virtual world I'd like to be able to use aircraft equipped with a GNS 530 and/or 430 as well. Next to the GTN units it gives more variety.

I'll wait before purchasing though to see how these units are picked up by aircraft developers. I'd like seamless integration in my A2A aircraft.

You might be interested in this post.  https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55093#p431148

Thanks Bob, I am and I have already participated in that thread as you may have noticed. I had expected the new Flight1 GNS units to work as explained in the thread in the A2A forums; when you have selected a Reality XP setup with an A2A aircraft configuration tool the new Flight 1 GNS tool will find this and swap the Reality XP unit for the new Flight1 GNS. However, this will only work with FSX. As a user of the Prepar3D versions of the A2A aircraft I am unable to do this...

And that while in Prepar3D an accurate Garmin GNS simulation was lacking. FSX users now have the option to choose between two! How unfair! :Tounge:

Yes, and the whole process is very easy! All you have to do is to select the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP"  :smile:

f1gns_config_toolahjlc.jpg

The Prepar3D version is priced at $64.95""

Ridiculous prices.

Garmin provides the core of the application for free, Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

But this is standard practice of Flight1 during the last years.

In earlier days, I considered them as the very best, now those times are long gone.

Now I consider them as very greedy and avoid them as much as possible.

• Upvote 4

Garmin provides the core of the application for free, Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program. Sure, Garmin lets consumers use it for free, but it is another matter if you build an interface and sell it.

Peter

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program.

I'm 99% sure they have to pay a heavy license fee.

They look very nice, but in my case, I can't find a reason to justify another 130.00 for a P3D combo.

It might kill immersion with older planes, but I'm sticking to my GTN650/750 packages.

• Upvote 1

I'm 99% sure they have to pay a heavy license fee.

Based on.... ???

• Upvote 2

I would be surprised if F1 would not have to pay a license fee to Garmin for using its GTN program. 

I would be surprised if F1 would have to pay... For real Garmin (pilots) it provides an extra training method, surplus of the more static training method (without using FSX/P3D)

So (imo) it only contributes to the popularity of the Garmin products.

But may be you are correct....

Nevertheless why do pilots have to pay twice both for the FSX and P3D versions (latter = +50% price increase)

and also have separately buy both the GNS650 and GNS750. Both share same interface to FSX/P3D but require full price again.

To me (and that is of course my personal opinion) just is greed. In principle nothing wrong with greed, because we all (including me) can make our own decision to buy or not.

Yes, and the whole process is very easy! All you have to do is to select the aircraft and click on "Replace RealityXP"  :smile:

f1gns_config_toolahjlc.jpg

Easy as this seems, as I said earlier this seems only for FSX. This is the Prepar3D forum though...

But this is standard practice of Flight1 during the last years.

In earlier days, I considered them as the very best, now those times are long gone.

Now I consider them as very greedy and avoid them as much as possible.

+1

• Upvote 2

Based on.... ???

Absolutely nothing. But in my dealings in aviation, everything that could have a liability potential is paid for dearly. Although Ive been wrong many times before.

Flight1 only has to develop an interface to FSX/P3D plus maybe a ui-wrapper

I highly doubt that it is that easy to develop an interface. Otherwise we would have seen a Garmin GNS 430/530 for P3D already. So you can be sure that Flight1 has invested countless hours into the development of their GNS series.

Easy as this seems, as I said earlier this seems only for FSX. This is the Prepar3D forum though...

There are many (mostly older) addons that have an RXP VC integration and work very well in P3D.