Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

Flight1 GNS 430/530 released

:D Never had one 20 years ago

The yoke mount version were great but disallowed during training...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

That's only true if you are happy with paying $100 for a software

its $45 and its one of the few software that runs without issueas..you install it and its there for ever...

Its low maintenance. This is why you do not even see any "unofficial support forum" either.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Does the installer automatically replace the default GNS system? For example, the GNS 430 in the Carenado Baron B58? Or is a manual installation required?

Does the installer automatically replace the default GNS system? For example, the GNS 430 in the Carenado Baron B58? Or is a manual installation required?

In case of the Baron you'll have to edit the panel configuration file manually with a text editor to replace the double Carenado GNS 430 with the Flight1 GNS 430.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

In case of the Baron you'll have to edit the panel configuration file manually with a text editor to replace the double Carenado GNS 430 with the Flight1 GNS 430.

Thanks a lot, Rimshot. And, of course, no crossfill yet, so no reason to keep two units there.

Yes, it behaves much like the RXP units - I have one in a RealAir Duke, and one in a Carenado C182Q.

A couple of features missing (compared to the RXP units).. No LinkGPS, no exporting of flightplan, no key definitions for interfacing anything but the mouse.

And.. in the Duke, no animated knobs, except for in the popup.

But, if you do not require any of those, it looks and operates exactly like the RXP units do..

So, for FSX-SE or P3D users, this would seem to be the migration path to follow.

What about TCAD? I don't believe that is included either. For FSX-CD, I have my beloved Carenado F33A with the RXP G430 (preferred over the GTN650). I'm struggling to realize the benefit of the Flight1 system; other than the world class support. 

Les Parson

What about TCAD? I don't believe that is included either. For FSX-CD, I have my beloved Carenado F33A with the RXP G430 (preferred over the GTN650). I'm struggling to realize the benefit of the Flight1 system; other than the world class support. 

Les Parson

Not sure TCAD was part of the base RXP package..

Either way, no reason to switch if you have a working RXP gauge.

This is mainly for FSX-SE and P3D users who were left in the cold

when RXP discontinued further development and support..

Its low maintenance. This is why you do not even see any "unofficial support forum" either.

Really..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=12&title=reality-xp-unofficial-forum

Bert

Agreed... If you're a veteran with rxp and you're only using FSX - there wouldn't be a reason to switch

But as for the rest of us .... It's nice to have the option!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is true. As an owner of a real 750/650 setup, you would really have to have a need to replace a 530/430 due to the cost of the GTN's - unless you had deep pockets! The GNS units will be around for a long time in the real world.

Depends on the value of the airframe in question. Comparatively speaking, the GTN's are a relative bargain.  But yeah, you're not going to stick one in a 40 year old airplane worth maybe $50k.

Yup.. It would be just a decorative piece in VC.. In IMC condition with the EZDOK shaking the VC, imagine doing an IFR flight and you have to use the tiny mouse cursor to use that thing.. Not gonna cut it.

If you already have the GTN750 and do not have a 540/430W  to fly in real world, this is not worth it for flight simmers. If you are a real pilot and have a 540/430W in the aircraft you fly,  then maybe, maybe its worth looking at it.

For FSX, the realityXP is 100 times better then this. This is 10 steps backward.

JMO.

Unless someone wants a 430/530 for RW familiarization purposes, I see no reason for them in the modern FS world. Being that in the RW, the GTN series is approved for any aircraft that the GNS' were approved for, it stands to reason it's within the realm of one's virtual imagination that you have simply upgraded to the GTN. I don't know who enjoys that outer/inner knob crapology on the GNS', but I suppose there's a FS fetish for everyone.

Five years from now, the 430/530 will be about as scarce as a KLN-90. 

What will drive the GTN market, is the ADS-B mandate in 2020.

In the turbine arena, the same fate awaits the Proline 21. 

FS developers of bizjets, need to start thinking of Garmin G3000, Bendix/King AeroVue, and Collins Proline Fusion.

Being that they haven't perfected a simulation of the PL21 after over a decade of trying, I don't have my hopes up for any of the new avionics suites with synthetic vision.

I think you have a point.. but you may be underestimating the market for simulating "classic" airplanes,

complete with suitable avionics.

In a modern world, there should be no place for a mechanical watch, given the much more accurate quarz alternative,

and yet, many, including myself, love their classical timepieces.

Why do people still love old cars, old airplanes, old anything..

• Upvote 3

Bert

Five years from now, the 430/530 will be about as scarce as a KLN-90. 

What are you even talking about...

I don't know who enjoys that outer/inner knob crapology on the GNS', but I suppose there's a FS fetish for everyone.

Just as much tas GTN is a fetish. Personally, I find it rather weird that people around here want to force 750 into everything they buy, but hey. Their toys, their choice. 

Going back on topic though, I assume that upgrading 530 with 1609 AIRAC is possible without spending hundreds on buying data directly from Garmin?

• Upvote 1