Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

X-Plane 11 Coming November!

Check out the website: http://xplanedotcom.wpengine.com/

Apparently, if you buy a download of XP10 now, you get a free copy of XP11 on release!

Also, here's the preview of the new lighting and fog engine on YT: 

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Laminar posted this on Facebook:

X-Plane 11 for desktops & laptops is coming in November! X-Plane 11 includes:
• A new, intuitive user interface
• An overhauled aircraft fleet, plus 4 brand new aircraft
• High-resolution exteriors and detailed 3-D cockpits on all included aircraft
• European buildings and roads...
• and more!
We'll be releasing a new detail about X-Plane 11 every week so make sure to check X-Plane.com often.

And they redesigned x-plane.com, with a slightly different feature list:

• A completely redesigned, intuitive user interface that makes setting up and editing your flight a breeze.
  • Consistently usable 3-D cockpits and stunningly high-resolution exterior models for all included aircraft.
  • A new effects engine for lighting, sounds, and explosions.
  • Realistic avionics: all planes are IFR-ready right out of the gate.
  • Busy, “living” airports with pushback tugs and roaming fuel trucks, able to service both your aircraft and the simulator’s AI planes.
  • New buildings & roads to better simulate European cities
  • …and more!

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Nice! Even tho the fps were quite low in the video i would say.

And i bought x-plane 10 just some months ago.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Here's hoping some existing aircraft can be used with the new version.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hmmm.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What about seasons?

No seasons means I am out.

• Upvote 4

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

What happens to the current update of XP10 ? does it mean that the X10 update cycle is over ? 

Honestly that weather thing was really needed , but who knows they may release a document for 3rd party devs, I can do without seasons but not a good weather (visuals) .

I hope they at least give a new screeching sound

But still more info will be released is my guess and then we shall know what it will be like. Really don't want to go back to MSFS based flight sim.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Laminar just changed their Facebook title screen to the new default C172:

14470525_10153831768341283_937705961326663231_n.jpg

And to a question regarding the GPS, they answered the following:

"Oh, that is indeed a new GPS! We'll be detailing the new G1000 sim in the coming weeks, so stay tuned."

I really hope they made weather changes, at least to the underlying code so developers have more access via the SDK.

• Upvote 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I really hope they made weather changes

Nope, they didn't, according to their Facebook comments.

Here's hoping some existing aircraft can be used with the new version.

Aircraft and scenery will be compatible. Only X-Plane 9 aircraft probably need some re-saving in PlaneMaker.

• Upvote 1

Nope, they didn't, according to their Facebook comments.

That's highly disappointing and somewhat puzzling. They must be at least somewhat aware that their current weather implementation is extremely sub-par for a flight simulator.

I'd give up every single change announced in X-Plane 11 for improved weather, honestly.

• Upvote 7

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

They must be at least somewhat aware that their current weather implementation is extremely sub-par for a flight simulator.

I assume they did not want to re-write the weather system again after they did it for X-Plane 10. Instead they focused on some of the other areas that one could also call "extremely sub-par" depending on your own priorities, such as X-Plane's bad user interface or the lack of European autogen.

• Upvote 2

I assume they did not want to re-write the weather system again after they did it for X-Plane 10. Instead they focused on some of the other areas that one could also call "extremely sub-par" depending on your own priorities, such as X-Plane's bad user interface or the lack of European autogen.

Agreed with the much needed UI upgrade.  I think this posed a huge barrier to entry for the MSFS crowd.  I know that it turned me off quite a few times before I finally decided to dedicate time to learn it.  Now I find it easy to use, but it wasn't easy to get there!

• Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Apparently, if you buy a download of XP10 now, you get a free copy of XP11 on release!

Only just bought a download copy on Wednesday last week due to disc scratches on my boxed version. Does that apply for the free copy of 11?