Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Prepar3d V3.4 Hotfix 1 released today

This whole thing with new versions being released introducing new issues, not fixing existing issues and no way to go back to a version that is stable if you haven't kept all the old versions yourself and even when you bought a valid license is nothing but ludicrous.

Would a new flightsim platform see the daylight in the future that would be able to compete with P3D I wouldn't hesitate for a split second to ditch P3D and especially LM. 

The update frenzy of the P3D team becomes indeed a little weird if not irksome. It is like they'd to show to Corporate that they work... We went from the FSX big freeze to the P3D Brownian motion.

The ESP engine is still the best though and we don't have any proven prospect of anything better IMHO.

I rolled back with a full install of 3.3. And without being able to use my old Orbx installers,  

what do you mean, the OrbX installers work in 3.3. ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

what do you mean, the OrbX installers work in 3.3. ?

Sorry, I should have clarified. I already migrated all my orbx purchases to ftx central v3 and orbx direct. Once you do that you must download, thru ftx central v3, all your products again, but only once, as you can create local backups during install to reinstall from later if needed. But all the FSS installers cease to work once you migrate.

I just started to use X-Plane a couple of month ago and I think it looks promising. Let's see what X-Plane 11 will bring...

Me too, and loving it. Still use both but xp is seeing increasingly more usage as the days go by.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I already migrated all my orbx purchases to ftx central v3 and orbx direct. Once you do that you must download, thru ftx central v3, all your products again, but only once, as you can create local backups during install to reinstall from later if needed. But all the FSS installers cease to work once you migrate.

Ha, OK   :smile: !

BTW You did not have to download your products again just by moving to C3.   I have most of my OrbX sceneries in P3D3.3 installed with FTXC2 and three others installed from/with FTXC3.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Since LM doesn't seem to want to warn people about the possibility of one of their upgrades breaking P3D, I think as soon as a thread starts on the availability of a new version or hotfix on this site, we should immediately post,  " before you install it make sure you have a backup." 

I did just this in post #31 but guess that will be of little help to anyone who already upgraded and didn't keep the old version installers before reading my post...

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the info!

So what you say is there's no need to keep all the installers for Orbx's products that I currently have on my installation disk?

I think we can all agree on this, that we are all just beta testers for LM. And we can b***th about the issues as loud as we can they won't listen to us. Private users are of no interest to them. They maybe sold thousand of  liscences for private usage, but it's not a niche they are aiming at. I would love to ditch LM too, but when i think how much money i have already spent, transfering to different sim platform would be hard option to choose.

You're so right but one thing I don't think should be forgotten is normal beta users usually don't pay to test the product but rather get some kind of compensation for doing so...

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

Since LM doesn't seem to want to warn people about the possibility of one of their upgrades breaking P3D, I think as soon as a thread starts on the availability of a new version or hotfix on this site, we should immediately post,  " before you install it make sure you have a backup." 

This has been repeated hundreds of times here, and it seems that anyone is paying attention by not having their previous installers available as backup. LM also stated long ago that they will not support any previous versions, so it was a clear message for everyone to keep their different versions in backup if they'd want to eventually roll back. Don't blame LM and P3D for that, it is ridiculous.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the info!

So what you say is there's no need to keep all the installers for Orbx's products that I currently have on my installation disk?

If you moved to FTX C3, there is no need to keep the old installers. You get yourself a new HD or SSD  :smile: free. If you are still with FTX C2, they still work but you cannot upgrade anymore the sceneries.

Dominique

BTW You did not have to download your products again just by moving to C3.   I have most of my OrbX sceneries in P3D3.3 installed with FTXC2 and three others installed from/with FTXC3.

Serious?! Crap, wish I would have known that yesterday!! Oh well, thanks for the info anyway!

That was what I read right from orbx, your installers will all cease to activate once you migrate. All your FSS purchases transfer to orbx central, and are no longer associated with FSS. Or so I thought, looking into there possibilities as me downloading is taking ages.

If you moved to FTX C3, there is no need to keep the old installers. You get yourself a new HD or SSD  :smile: free. If you are still with FTX C2, they still work but you cannot upgrade anymore the sceneries.

Great to know, thanks and my installation HDD sends its best as well :wink:

Richard Åsberg

downloading is taking ages.

A lot of people are redownloading everything they have like you did because they think they had or just for backup purpose, hammering the servers. 

When you go to C3 my advise is not to redownload anyting you have already installed (absolutely no need for it) and if you feel the need for backups to do it over a certain period of time.

Dominique

This has been repeated hundreds of times here, and it seems that anyone is paying attention by not having their previous installers available as backup. LM also stated long ago that they will not support any previous versions, so it was a clear message for everyone to keep their different versions in backup if they'd want to eventually roll back. Don't blame LM and P3D for that, it is ridiculous.

Cheers, Ed

What is ridiculous and what is not in all this is up to each and every one I guess.

When you go to C3 my advise is not to redownload anyting you have already installed (absolutely no need for it) and if you feel the need for backups to do it over a certain period of time.

This is what I did and it all worked out just fine!

First I followed the instructions how to transfer your products to your new Orbx Direct account and then I installed the new version of FTX Central keeping all my products installed.

Worked like a charm and I think it's a great move to keep everthing related to Orbx in one single tool regardless if it's about installation, buying a new product or configure an existing one.

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

I did just this in post #31 but guess that will be of little help to anyone who already upgraded and didn't keep the old version installers before reading my post...

I'm just amazed that there are folks out there that buy $50 and $200 software then happily delete the installers. must have money to burn.

I'm just amazed that there are folks out there that buy $50 and $200 software then happily delete the installers. must have money to burn.

What on earth has deleting installers to do with burning money? Just because you delete the installers doesn't mean you don't own the license anymore...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

You're paying for a license, not installation media...

Richard Åsberg

Just because you delete the installers doesn't mean you don't own the license anymore...

It does when we are talking Lockheed martin, you may have a licence but there is no (legal) way to re download what you paid for, hence your Licence is useless.

So folks own a licence for software they have deleted with no way of reinstalling, like I say money to burn.