Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

Prepar3d V3.4 Hotfix 1 released today

You can try to think positive, if you are inclined to.

Perhaps LM is just ironing out the last loose ends in the 3-series, declaring the VAS issue unresolvable within the 32 bit framework anyway and concentring on release of the 64 bit version from now?

Kind regards, Michael

Dreamin' in Technicolor! :)

Hopefully you're right, though.

Also, I hope my 64 views thread on the P3D forums about letting have an VAS asset viewer of sorts happens... Then, at least, we can work with developers to determine which addons if any are causing the leaking of memory (which is definitely happening).

Installed it and......  CTD. sh-- !

Will have to wait AS2016, Fsuipc and Spoptlight to be updated I guess...

too much, too soon....

Installed it and......  CTD. sh-- !

Will have to wait AS2016, Fsuipc and Spoptlight to be updated I guess...

As usual, each new build brakes compatibility with As, Fsuipc, orbx, couatl....

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I'm slightly confused about the .NET package.

I have Win10 Home x64. I have the anniversary edition (build 1607). When I look under control panel, the highest version of .NET I have is 4.6.1. Additionally when I click on the link in the first post, Win 10 is NOT shown as compatible for 4.6.2 .exe.

My questions is

1) If 4.6.2 is part of the anniversary edition, how come it is not listed control panel? I'd rather not attempt a patch and have the system corrupted.

If anyone can answer I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1) If 4.6.2 is part of the anniversary edition, how come it is not listed control panel? I'd rather not attempt a patch and have the system corrupted.

First check your OS build (Settings\System\About). If you have the latest version, it should say '1607' next to 'Version' and '14393.351' next to 'OS Build'. If you do then it's fairly certain that you have .NET 4.6.2 installed.

To double check, open Registry Editor (Click Start, type 'regedit') and browse to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

On the right, find 'Release' and read the number in the bracket. If you have the Anniversary Edition then it should read '394802'. That means you have .NET Framework 4.6.2.

You can determine the exact .Net version by using regedit (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925568(v=vs.110).aspx)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full. See parameter Release. In Win10 AU it equals 394802 (decimal)

That means it is .NET 4.6.2 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb822049(v=vs.110).aspx)

Regards,

UPD. Oops.. Don't see post above while typing. :smile:

Thanks to both of you (krazyk and KNOSSOS). Using your methods, I can confirm the values you gentlemen listed.

:)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

My 3.4 is pretty stable as it is.  I'm sticking with it.

Well!! decided to give it ago.

Decided on the Client install only, uninstalled previous ver and after downloading hit the button. on starting up P3D got the usual message re ORBX ObjectFlow. However selecting either of the options 'Run Once' or 'Don't run' resulted in a crash.

Next step decided to carryout full install.

Uninstalled GTN750, AS 2016, Add on Airplanes and of course P3D. removed ORBX folder from my P3D folder.

Download the new Netframe from Microsoft and installed.

Installed Prepar3D ... same result as above. went to bed...exhausted.

New day. fist thing started up FTX Central, new libraries. took ages to download.( running at 800KB/S on my 75mb/s)

Started up P3D ..same message re Object flow re compatibility selected 'Run Once' atlast P3D started up. great.

Installed FSuipc4,

Installed FTX pnw from manual copy. ok Ftx central3 prompted me for migration. ok

so far so good.

bob

good luck

Thanks.

BTW there is a new ver of FSUIPC4...4958

bob

Just did the client uninstall and installed the new version. Deleted the shaders, fired up P3DV3.4 and all is well - the sun is still shining and no issues with P3D itself. As we already know, AS2016 is being updated by the makers and then that will work also.

Can't say that I see much difference but at least no problems.

I do not do the type of flying that would cause vas issues so I'm afraid I can be of no help there.

Lyn

My admiration to the brave souls who have installed this hot fix and blazed the way for us less adventurous (myself included) :-)

I'm looking forward to hearing all is working well with the add-ons we all use....