Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Flight1 / Foreflight Plug in

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for this Ryan! The plug-in is free but do I need a subscription to ForeFlight?

Dave.

Yes you would need all that.  This is probably more pertinent to real world flyers because I can't really see a lot of simmers have a full sub to FF.

Good find Ryan, thanks for posting!  I currently use the free FlightSimGPS utility but I'm going to give this a try since it looks like it may give the traffic and attitude info too.

Currently using FSX Flight for this.   Works nicely.  Requires FSUIPC, which I gather the Flight1 product doesn't.  Apart from that, I'd be interested to hear what the differences are and what the Flight1 product offers.

• Upvote 1

Yes you would need all that.  This is probably more pertinent to real world flyers because I can't really see a lot of simmers have a full sub to FF.

Ok thanks.

Dave.

Also using FSX flight, and I am one of the few people (really?) using a full subscription of Foreflight in P3D. It just simply the best flight planning tool, moving map, weather forecast, terrain advisor, synthetic vision, traffic alerter program you can find for P3D. And you do not have to install anything into P3D - so no framerate impact at all...AND: always up to date AIRAC cycle!

• Upvote 1

I use FSX flight but never checked if it send AHRS data for the backup attitude screen on foreflight. This could be an interesting addition...

and I am one of the few people (really?)

No, I'm the other one  :smile:

This is an underrated piece of software. Once you go ForeFlight, you ain't goin' back!

Mark

I tested the Flight 1 - Foreflight Plug-in today. I was using FSX flight before but with the Flight 1 Foreflight plug-in you get also attitude information on the ipad. this is similar to using Foreflight with a Stratus receiver that provides attitude backup in case the steam gauge quit in flight. The Foreflight can even provide a synthetic vision (additional subscription that I dont have yet). 

First picture with FSX Flight, so no attitude information available in Foreflight. The PFD just show altitude, speed and heading. 

FSXFlight_zpsg1xwhpby.pngng[/img][/url]

Second one with Foreflight Plug-In, The primary flight display provides now the Attitude and even some ground elements (I didn't noticed that in Foreflight before).

Foreflight%20plug%20in_zpsszwcope8.png

So the Foreflight Plug in is a keeper.

Woah it does synthetic vision?  I missed that... oh I see I need a sub with FF... nevermind!

But still cool if you had the SV sub!

Yes, it requires both an upgraded suscription and a stratus receiver that provides the independent attitude information (and ads-b information including weather in usa).

my picture above is without synthetic vision. But still it shows a flat representation of the ground including rivers and runways. Quite precise also, I shot a quick video at Trois Riviere airport yesterday that showed that Foreflight with an external cheap GPS was showing me exactly at the good place on the runway on the ipad. Could be useful in marginal VFR just to confirm what you perceive from the front window is correct.

Impressive Am i correct though in assuming there is no european plate coverage for foreflight?

Thanks

Bill P

Tried the Foreflight plugin from Flight1tech...works great, however I noticed that the heading shown on the Foreflight map is is off about 20°....

For example when my compass heading in the plane shows 0°, my indicated heading in Foreflight (on the map and on the HSI) is 20° (roughly). Maybe the plugin does not compensate for the magnetic variation?

With FXFlight, I do not see this error, so I will stick to this program.

Thomas

I received answer from Flight1 support on the ticket I opened for the heading bug.

The heading bug is resolved we just need to redownload and reinstall.

The new version install in a different directory and it is a .dll application (3 versions depending on your sim). The previous one was an .exe. A module modify the dll.xml automatically.

I tried it without wind so the heading should be the same as the track and it indeed work

161225%20repaired_zpsx1tmwbrd.png

Thank for the info...

I received answer from Flight1 support on the ticket I opened for the heading bug.

The heading bug is resolved we just need to redownload and reinstall.

The new version install in a different directory and it is a .dll application (3 versions depending on your sim). The previous one was an .exe. A module modify the dll.xml automatically.

I have only direct link to 1.1 and 1.2 installer released the 9th of December. I received a mail from Flight1.

The 1.2 installer installs a .DLL named "F1TForeFlightP3DV3.dll" and launched via DLL.XML (AppData). Are you talking of this 1.2 version which already stated :

It fixes an issue with the magnetic variation calculation (that affects the heading displayed in ForeFlight in some instances). It also adds support for the Steam Edition of Flight Simulator X.

By the way (#1), mostly for european users, please note that the plug-in works perfectly with Skydemon mobile app (Go Flying -> Use X-Plane) :

31866915165_e36460f2d5_b_d.jpg

No Android  :sad:

... works great with Skydemon on iOS and on Android as well :

31026421394_2640ae1b49_b_d.jpg