Sign in to follow this  
supersym

Voxatc beta 7.2

I'll give this a try, VoxATC generates It's own traffic and does not interact with FSX or P3d traffic. It will use your MT6 paints (if you ran the indexer after installing MT6). To get rid of the default paint jobs (Pacifica, etc) you have to disable them. I believe there is a box in the World/scenery tab in P3d that needs to be unchecked. (I could be wrong about that last part). There may also be a way to disable default paint schemes in the MT6 configurator. Hope this at least gets you started.

Thanks Mad_Mac.  I ran the indexer and I assume it knows of MT6. lol. I have been doing some reading that Voxatc controls (for lack of better word) the/or its AI? or uses the repaints etc. I went into the settings for Voxatc and I believe traffic is set at say 50%. I went into P3dv3 and turned off all traffic. I did change the default traffic bgl to .off. (that was to keep voxatc from talking to all the default traffic. ie Pacifica and Orbit. Now I see no traffic. Kinda lonely..am I doing that right and will I hear Voxatc interact with anything. Maybe it doesn't need to see the planes but I do. lol.

Thanks for your's as well as anyone's input.

Bob M.

Bob M

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have used this app (v6) but one of the functionalities that seemed to be missing with flying the big jets is the ability to add the word "Heavy" to the airline calls signs such as "American 123 Heavy". When using this along with the 777 and 747, it didn't seem as realistic without being able to annunciate that word in the callsgin. Would the v7 be able to support this feature?

Thanks.

Just a couple questions. I have beta installed..I am using MT6.. I have default traffic (bgl) renamed..Is it reading my MT6 ai's. Indexer works fine. On NavData..it asks (in the settings creens) about LevelD but I am using p3dv3.4...I browsed to..and selected  the PMDG nav data folder. Should I create a LevelD folder and put Navigraph in their for it to read.  Am I suppose to turn all the Traffic off in the settings (which doesn't make sense).. I do know the controller was talking to Pacifica but I don't want him talking to all the default..just the MT6 if capable. Sorry if my thoughts are not coherent lol.

Those are for starters

Thanks,

Bob M.

It needs to read the Level D navdata, create a levelD foleder and direct the LevelD navigraph data to it.

Am I suppose to turn all the Traffic off in the settings (which doesn't make sense)..

Just a couple questions. I have beta installed..I am using MT6.. I have default traffic (bgl) renamed..Is it reading my MT6 ai's. Indexer works fine. On NavData..it asks (in the settings creens) about LevelD but I am using p3dv3.4...I browsed to..and selected  the PMDG nav data folder. Should I create a LevelD folder and put Navigraph in their for it to read.  Am I suppose to turn all the Traffic off in the settings (which doesn't make sense).. I do know the controller was talking to Pacifica but I don't want him talking to all the default..just the MT6 if capable. Sorry if my thoughts are not coherent lol.

Those are for starters

Thanks,

Bob M.

Turn off the Mytraffic Ai, it makes perfect sense, VoxATC is going to use your MyTraffic aircraft to create Ai, why would you also want the sim controlling the Ai?

thanks Glynn...please walk me through this. I had renamed the original default ai (trafficAircraft.bgl to.off);

how do I turn off MT6.  Am I suppose to turn the sim traffic slider to off and use the voxatc traffic setting to say 50%. I turned my sim traffic to off and all my planes vanished. I created a folder in p3dv3 called Level D and NavDataPro created a navdata folder which I pointed vox to it and it seem to accept it.  That's where I am.

Thanks for any help.

BOB M.

Bob M

That's pretty much all you need to do, when you start a flight in with Vox are you seeing Ai aircraft ?

Question. Voxatc controls AI's right?  I have MT6 installed. I have read you don't want the sim controlling traffic? Right?  I renamed my default traffic traffic.bgl.off to turn off the default AI (orbit, pacifica etc. If I turn off traffic in P3dv3 sim. and leave traffic setting in voxatc to say 50%..I don't see any planes because I shut the traffic off in the sim. Some people say that Voxatc uses the ai models and I guess talks to the ai's and controls them?. I know before I turned traffic off in sim..and I did rename the trafficAircraft.bgl..it would talk to orbit and pacifica and didn't want that because I would have to wait for ever.  If I am suppose to turn MyTraffic6 off...how do I do that..Anyway..sorry to be dense. I believe the file trafficAircraft.bgl is just the default ai only..right.

Just want it right ok.

Have a great day?

Bob M.

Bob M

Hi--I've not changed the traffic.bgl or any other config entries to use VOX.   I just turn the P3Dv3 traffic sliders to zero and untick voice in the P3Dv3 sound control.  I use ORBX Australia and North America AI (that's where I fly) with no default AI showing up.  I don't think you need to rename any .bgl files unless the My Traffic instructions say to do it to use their AI with another traffic program.  I think VOX just needs to know in what folder the AI traffic models are located.  Let me know if this works for you.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Question. Voxatc controls AI's right?  I have MT6 installed. I have read you don't want the sim controlling traffic? Right?  I renamed my default traffic traffic.bgl.off to turn off the default AI (orbit, pacifica etc. If I turn off traffic in P3dv3 sim. and leave traffic setting in voxatc to say 50%..I don't see any planes because I shut the traffic off in the sim. Some people say that Voxatc uses the ai models and I guess talks to the ai's and controls them?. I know before I turned traffic off in sim..and I did rename the trafficAircraft.bgl..it would talk to orbit and pacifica and didn't want that because I would have to wait for ever.  If I am suppose to turn MyTraffic6 off...how do I do that..Anyway..sorry to be dense. I believe the file trafficAircraft.bgl is just the default ai only..right.

Just want it right ok.

Have a great day?

Bob M.

Bob, I'm sorry I steered you wrong. You can rename your files how they were. Use the MyTrafficCommunicator, go to P3d options, and disable default traffic. This may be semantics, but VoxATC does not control AI traffic. It only controls traffic generated by VoxATC. You should set the sliders in P3d for air traffic to 0 and 0. The VoxATC traffic slider at 50% works well for me. You will not see any traffic when you launch until you enable VoxATC. Then you should see your MT6 planes. Unfortunately, there is no way to schedule flights. The question is, do you want realistic schedules, or do you want realistically controlled traffic? Hope this makes you less lonely.

If one looks at the AI traffic generated by VOXATC with the P3d Traffic Toolbox tool, one sees that a few descriptors are missing when the aircraft is created (as opposed to when the sim does it). This is one reason why Super Traffic Board is incompatible with VOXATC. The VOXATC AI schedules do not have an origin or a destination, which are among the missing descriptors. All that VOXATC culls from a AI traffic addon (such as ether MyT 6 or WOAI) is information from their BGL files and aircraft.cfg files. These are such items as the AI model/livery,the airline name, aircraft type, parking type, etc.. VOXATC then generates a flight plan for each AI aircraft within the user's reality bubble. Each aircraft proceeds in a straight line until it leaves the bubble and then it is removed (unless of course, it is either landing or taking off). Again, one can watch all this with Traffic Toolbox. One can also edit a specific entry in a VOXATC configuration file to log all information about individual AI aircraft that are generated.

VOXATC functions in a somewhat similar fashion to the addon AI Controller V2, except for one key difference. AIC2 lets the sim manage AI traffic  directly and only takes control  of each AI aircraft in an area around the user's departure and destination airports. 

There is also a bug in the VOXATC 7.2 beta, at least as far as Traffic Toolbox is concerned. The parking type descriptors for  some of the AI  aircraft appear to be corrupted, so that may be why the wrong type of aircraft such as cargo and military planes end up at airport gates.

Thanks Mad_Mac and jabloom1230 for your responses. Trying to get a handle on this. lol

I didn't use the communicator. I just manually added and edited simconfig and scenery because there were so many people frustrated with MT6 not showing up in P3d. I reinstalled my MT6 but I am not sure if you fix was applied. Are you aware of a later fix for whatever reason. I also have it networked from a different machine, not on the p3d machine. I am going to copy your comment in notepad on my desktop till I get this figured out. Now the sound is next lol.

I am a little familiar with AI Controller v2 and using it if there is any benefit to properly controlling ai's. Trying to figure it out too. I do know that in p3d mode..it keeps talking about FSX and aircraft not being monitored in fsx..I don't have fsx. I do use it with widefs on a network machine. Is there a Traffic toolbox inside the sdk for p3dv3, haven't looked. Its just for fun to keep planes from running all over each other. 

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

Is there a Traffic toolbox inside the sdk for p3dv3, haven't looked.

Yes it's a DLL and you just add a reference to it in DLL.XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> 
    <Disabled>False</Disabled> 
	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path> 
  </Launch.Addon>

Your SDK folder may have a different name with a version number. Edit the DLL.XML file that is in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and make sure that Traffic Toolbox is the first entry below the header, as in the above code block.

Thanks Jabloomf1230:

does this xml go in the dll.xml in the app folder as well?

Thanks,

Bob M.

Bob M

I believe you only need to add it to one. The several versions are scanned at runtime I think and all entries used (in a particular order IIRC)

Someone may know better than me and if so I defer to them! Cheers K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png