Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Worldwide Airports Poll

From the list I would pick KLAX, but I see a lot of potential with REX Airports HD for airports in high density areas in general. I personally never buy dedicated addon sceneries for a few specific areas (NYC, SFO, Los Angeles, ...) since I know my system cannot handle all the autogen buildings around there plus a highly detailed airport scenery.

REX Airports could provide a great solution for this problem. REX airports look way nicer than default airports, but the impact on frame rates (and VAS, with standard textures) is negligible.

Peter 

I'd focus on regional airports that nobody has done yet.

KBOI, KEUG, KTYS, KILM, KSAV, KLEX, KRIC, KSAT, KDMA, KABQ...mostly, places with class C airspace. 

Great suggestions. I would like to add Burbank and Long Beach into the mix.

• Upvote 1

So i'll put myself on report for bringing up KBWI.   I do see REX just mentioned the list of custom default airports in FSX/P3D.  I do remember the REX guys mentioning these custom airports during the webinar they held.  And understand what they are doing but it does seem like a waste.  Unless you don't have payware then its best thing you can think of. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi Everyone,

We are just about ready to release our first enhanced airport add-on for REX Worldwide Airports, KSLC.

We are ready to get started on our next enhanced airport and have narrowed it down to the following:

KDFW

KDCA

KLAS

KLAX

KBOS

We would appreciate your feedback on which of these airports you would like to see us accomplish next. These airports will be free to our REX Worldwide Airport customers as they become available.

Thank you!

Please tell me you guys have KBOI (Boise) in the mix soon? Please please please!!!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.  It is greatly appreciated. 

So far it seems that KDCA is winning, followed by KBOS, then close runner ups of KBWI or KLAS or KLAX or KDAL. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

KDCA

Yes, it appears everyone needs to figure out that this is only for the default enhanced airports

KBOS   :wink:

Richard picks KBOS....shocker.  :P

I vote for KBOS as well!  

I have FSDT KDFW and KLAX, however the thought of good Rex replacement buildings to help with FPS and VAS sounds very interesting as well.  

KLAS would really be nice as well, as the best "I only have an hour to fly, what route should I take?" airport pair for me is KLAX>KLAS.

Great scenery, easy to program in the FMC, and you get to fly over the Hoover Dam. :dance:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

So far it seems that KDCA is winning, followed by KBOS, then close runner ups of KBWI or KLAS or KLAX or KDAL. 

Reed - Are you implying that you are in fact able to do these customized textures for airports that are not enhanced airports as neither KBWI or KDAL are enhanced.  Now I'm confused!!! :huh: 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hey Reed, for some reason I just missed KDAL on the list.

As I take Dallas' light rail past it every day, and no other 3rd party has ever done it, I'd say that should be your next updated airport. :smile:

Its growing at an alarming rate, with Delta all but closing their entire Dallas-based routes from KDFW, and that SWA can fly anywhere now that the Wright amendment is history. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hello everyone.

For those who fly on VATSIM, DFW is a very active airport/sector, and the payware scenery for KDFW is pretty old and, well, just not up to today's standards thus many people I know won't purchase it (including me), especially after seeing the demo.

An excellent freeware BWI was somewhat recently released, the FlyTampa Boston works in P3DV3+ and FSX.  I'm pretty sure that KBOI was not an Enhanced Airport.

Let's remember that the airports Reed is talking about have to have been an Enhanced Airport (see this list).  This is an FSX/P3D limitation.

Best wishes to everyone!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

For those who fly on VATSIM, DFW is a very active airport/sector,

Very true Dave...and I need to get back on VATSIM and do some flights, its always very enjoyable.  I've been busy painting though, hehe.

Another city pair that is a great 1 hour route is KDFW>KIAH.  And with VATSIM coverage its great!

I've done it many times as I live in Dallas and have visited Houston often.  Coming down I-40, you go right by KIAH (and KHOU further south).

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg