Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Worldwide Airports Poll

Richard picks KBOS....shocker.  :P

I vote for KBOS as well!  

Going to be a long time before we see FT KBOS so this will fill in very nicely Steve aka Master Painter  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Going to be a long time before we see FT KBOS so this will fill in very nicely Steve aka Master Painter 

Agreed and who knows....maybe this may be a better solution..Thanks Rex for giving us another option to dedicated, VAS-eating airports (not that I don't thoroughly enjoy mine, even if I have to sweat during the approach as I watch the VAS climb thru 3.9 hehe)

And I plan on running some late night freight-ops into KBOS with this big bird (when I get the proper model from iFly to stick these textures on.)

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498798-what-can-brown-do-for-you/?p=3517972

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'd focus on regional airports that nobody has done yet.

KBOI, KEUG, KTYS, KILM, KSAV, KLEX, KRIC, KSAT, KDMA, KABQ...mostly, places with class C airspace.

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees. No need to keep redesigning the same old airports other developers have already created.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

An excellent freeware BWI was somewhat recently released

Would you provide a link to this? I am interested in it.  The only one I have is about 8 or 9 years old.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

KBOS and KDCA

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Hello everyone.

For those who fly on VATSIM, DFW is a very active airport/sector, and the payware scenery for KDFW is pretty old and, well, just not up to today's standards thus many people I know won't purchase it (including me), especially after seeing the demo.

Really, the only thing not up to date is the new layout at Terminal A and the satellite off of Terminal E. Aside from that I don't see anything wrong with it, plus the night lighting is well done. Granted it's a few years old but the tech they used is up to date with their newer sceneries and the only competition is the BluePrint version.

Plus it looks better than any REX updates to stock models and the FSDT version out performs the default version in terms of performance. The FSDT version on my rig yields 25 to 30 FPS with all the details and the stock version I barely get 20 FPS if I'm lucky.

Your choice of course but I'm surprised you'd rather have a default airport with updated textures and no custom ground polys that is more out of date than the FSDT version and performs worse, than the payware version.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees. No need to keep redesigning the same old airports other developers have already created.

Please read. They aren't developing any airports. These are simply textures for the default higher detail airports that didn't get touched in the original release of Rex airports HD

Really not going to happen.  This is beyond what the product does... ONLY the Enhanced airports guys.  I've provided the list in my post above.

We have to understand this terrific product before we can know what to expect and how to use it.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

and the satellite off of Terminal E

Yeah....that won't be accurate from any dev's version until they are done with the terminal E reconstruction. They are using the satellite gates for every airline in E as the roll construction from the southern gates to the final, northern ones.  I can't remember if the FSDT has the actual jetways, but right now United is there, were in the past it was Delta, then Spirit and Frontier, etc.)

I really enjoy the FSDT version, but wonder why they have the blue taxi light "sticks" where as I've never seen them on the real airfield.

A nice touch is the spotter area on the NW side (by the UPS ramp) they modeled.  Spotted there many times. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Really not going to happen.  This is beyond what the product does... ONLY the Enhanced airports guys.  I've provided the list in my post above.

We have to understand this terrific product before we can know what to expect and how to use it.

Best wishes.

Ok I got it. Only enhanced airports. :wink:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

KBOS please...

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png