Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Realair will be sorely missed. Rob and Sean certainly set the gold standard for customer service and quality of products. I wish them and their's all the best.

Bill W

Sad indeed as your magic has been with us for so long, since the days of Fly! and then FS2k2, a long time ago... It is a large part of the FS landscape which disappears.

Thank you for giving us wonderful aircraft but not only that ! Always placing the bar higher, I suspect you were a primary encouragement to many other developers to look beyond the FS "limitations" to release sharp and functional VCs like your first Spit' (a game changer, there is a before and after the Spit' VC) and realistic flight models. You showed to a lot of people that beyond the game, simulation was possible with the FS engine

As everybody I wish you both well. But very selfishly I hope that Rob can still be here from time to time . I look forward with great expectation to the Milviz Beaver which has your FDE if I am not mistaken. 

So maybe its not "so long It's been good to know you" after all. Just an au revoir :smile: ...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You guys have been a class act. You will be missed. Good luck and God speed.

Rob and Sean, you guys set the bar as far as I'm concerned.  What wonderful products came from your efforts.

You'll be sorely missed.

John

Austin,TX

I have asked Sean to remove the activation/protection function. He is in control of it. Thanks for your kind comments.

Does this mean I should download all my airplanes and back up the installers ASAP?

Thank you again for all that you & Sean have done for our community.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Real Air created masterpieces in flight simulation. The best of luck to you and your families.

Dwight Heyer

Sad indeed. Of course health and family comes first, this hobby after them.

Real Air was able to do what most vendors don´t. Duke is really good products with no hick-ups what so ever, reasonable priced and then friendly customer service! I wish I had bought Lancair Legacy!!

Sean and Rob,

You were the best of the best - not only with quality of your planes but also with you personal support. Many thanks for what you have done in the years and especially for the Duke Turbine 2 which is the plane that I fly all the time. Have a good rest and bask in the fact that your many fans think that you were superb.

Malcolm Wright

Very sad news.

Thank you so much Rob and Sean. It's been a pleasure flying your aircraft in and around NZ these last couple of years. Wish you all the best.

Jay

Jason Jackett

I have always enjoyed your products very much, now enjoy your retirement. Thank you for your contributions to our community.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Real Air produced magnificent simulated aircraft.  But what stands out more in my mind is their very strong commitment to their customers and to the flight sim community.  They have earned our deep respect and our thanks. 

Hi Bjoern,

It's a clean break. Better than hanging on. There will be support for a reasonable time.

Best Wishes,

Rob

That's really unfortunate.

Well, all the best to you guys anyway.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

First, last and foremost; best wishes and prayers for the full recovery of Carla and may all of you have an excellent life after Real Air-the standard against which all FS aircraft have been judged.

Please advise on how to not lose the wonderful aircraft we have purchased.

1) How to reinstall our aircraft in the future?

2) Any hope of being able to install them into P3D as purchase of the P3D versions in now denied us?

Frankly, after having invested in a number of your aircraft over the years, I'm feeling abandoned.  I've purchased the products, but I can't install without your presence and now you are gone with us holding a moderately expensive bag of dying aircraft-aircraft that are gems of their kind.

Frankly, after having invested in a number of your aircraft, I'm feeling abandoned.  I've purchased the products, but I can't install without your presence and now you are gone with us holding a moderately expensive bag of dead aircraft.

I have asked Sean to remove the activation/protection function. He is in control of it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

First, last and foremost; best wishes and prayers for the full recovery of Carla and may all of you have an excellent life after Real Air-the standard against which all FS aircraft have been judged.

Please advise on how to not lose the wonderful aircraft we have purchased.

1) How to reinstall our aircraft in the future?

2) Any hope of being able to install them into P3D as purchase of the P3D versions in now denied us?

Frankly, after having invested in a number of your aircraft over the years, I'm feeling abandoned.  I've purchased the products, but I can't install without your presence and now you are gone with us holding a moderately expensive bag of dying aircraft-aircraft that are gems of their kind.

We have closed only the shop, not the support. I do not understand what you think the problem is. You have the product and you can use it. If you lose it for some reason, email me and I will provide you with a new installer. If you run out of installs, I will renew it. Can I politely ask you to read what has already be said on the thread?

• Upvote 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page