Sign in to follow this  
robert young

RealAir Simulations Closure

Rob, thank you for all you have done for the FS community through the years. I only have the SF260 and love it and have been thinking of buying other products.

I have to ask since this was a sudden closure without warning, would you consider opening the store for even one more day or a week or a few days to give those who were considering purchases one last chance to pick up some products?

If I had known that you were closing I would have made some final purchases. I'm not even concerned about support since there are enough people in the community that can help if problems would arise.

Any chance for at least a one day opportunity to buy a few planes?

I understand if you decline but I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like a last opportunity to buy some of your work.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry but the products have now been removed and it is not in my personal power to re-instate them. Sorry.

Rob

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Wow, sad news indeed for the sim community.  You guys have always been among the best in every way.  All the best to you in your retirement, and to Sean and his family as well.

Haven't been actively simming of late so never picked up the V2 Legacy.  Dangit!

Scott

Rob and Sean, all the best. I've enjoyed your products immensely and will continue to do so for years I'm sure. Thanks for all the hard work and contributions to flight simulation.

Barry Friedman

Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry but the products have now been removed and it is not in my personal power to re-instate them. Sorry.

Rob

Ok Rob, I understand and thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe one day if you decide to reopen I'll get another chance to buy.

Best wishes!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rob and Sean,

We go back a long ways.

You have been a significant part of what was right in our flight simulation world. You have had integrity right from the beginning and have kept it till the end of your time with us, come what may. Things will never be the same without Real Air. I hope we will still see you here on the boards on a personal basis from time to time.

You have real friends in AVSIM, through thick and thin, in the same way you have been to some of us. I will miss you.

Kindest regards and best wishes to you, and all whom are yours,

• Upvote 3

Rob & Sean

I remember a new flight simulator developer that first released an aircraft that would actually spin and slip! It was the SA 260 for FS2002. Over the years I have purchased your products for FS2002. FS2004, FSX and PD3V3. Thank you for all the contributions you have made to my life and the flight simulator community. Sean nothing is more important than family I wish you and your loved one the best. Rob, welcome to retirement. There will come a time when you wonder how you ever found time to work.

While Real Air will be truly missed, you have both earned your rest and rewards of a highly successful endeavor. 

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Oh my. 

The most important thing in life is health everything else is second. My best wishes that you and your family and team may remain healthy.

And my thanks for your efforts over the years, we are very grateful for you having such dedication.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Very sad news. But I want to thank you for the outstanding work for our small flightsim community. It might be "just" an virtual airplane, but when it reaches such a high level of development like the RealAir planes it becomes very real for us simmers! Flightsim could be more than a hobby. Thank you

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

You guys have always been a first class act and your high standards will influence our hobby for years to come. Best of luck to you all. :good:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I'm glad that I was fortunate enough to be able to buy & enjoy your GA planes. They are still the standard by which I measure my purchases.

Here's to the GOAT of Flight Simulation.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Rob and Sean,

Thank you both for everything.. .and Good luck.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Rob and Sean

Can I add my good wishes and thank you for your fabulous planes

You will be sadly missed

xxd09

Rob and Sean,

Very sad to hear this news but totally understand your reasons.

You can both be very proud of the high quality work you have delivered over the years. A very fitting "legacy" pun intended :-)

The Lancair and Turbine Duke are 2 of my favourite planes in P3D and are of an incredibly high quality and exhilarating to fly. If I was younger and still flying in real life  (and had the money) I would buy one of those Lancair's for sure!

I hope you both enjoy a well deserved rest and may you and your loved ones live long and prosper!

Kind regards,

Rob, Sean

We've never met but It feels like we know you because you have been around for a while and ALWAYS showed great concern for us as customers and for driving and then maintaining exceptional standards.

I wish you well in what lies ahead and, like others who posted before me, I get it. Nothing else is ever as important as family and friends.

Take care

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert