Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Yep , at least in Alaska the weather changes in minutes.  really need manual weather adjustment but i don't mind the real wind.

It's not just Alaska. I live in Washington state, nearest GA airport is 0S9 (which Orbx has a nice model of), just 20 minutes down the road from my house. Here's the non-aviation NWS weather advisory for today:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA

322 AM PST MON DEC 19 2016

WAZ001-503-506-507-510-191800-

/O.CON.KSEW.WI.Y.0022.000000T0000Z-161219T1800Z/

SAN JUAN COUNTY-WESTERN WHATCOM COUNTY-WESTERN SKAGIT COUNTY-

EVERETT AND VICINITY-ADMIRALTY INLET AREA-

322 AM PST MON DEC 19 2016

...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTHWEST INTERIOR

LOWLANDS FROM SNOHOMISH AND ISLAND COUNTIES NORTHWARD UNTIL 10 AM

PST THIS MORNING...

* WIND...SOUTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 35 MPH WITH LOCAL

GUSTS TO 50 MPH EARLY THIS MORNING BEFORE DIMINISHING INTO THE

10 TO 20 MPH RANGE BY LATE THIS MORNING.

Try flying a light Cessna or a helicopter in those winds. Those are "normal" conditions for this time of year. That's why I can't buy a product like XEnviro that won't let me adjust today's winds while keeping today's clouds. At least SkyMaxx Pro/RWC  will let me do that.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It's not just Alaska. I live in Washington state, nearest GA airport is 0S9 (which Orbx has a nice model of), just 20 minutes down the road from my house. Here's the non-aviation NWS weather advisory for today:

Try flying a light Cessna or a helicopter in those winds. Those are "normal" conditions for this time of year. That's why I can't buy a product like XEnviro that won't let me adjust today's winds while keeping today's clouds. At least SkyMaxx Pro/RWC  will let me do that.

Oh wow i love bad weather :) 

I fly in Alaska and yes need manual weather settings

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Waitng for those SMP 4 Picture s then ....

OK...will throw them up to the SMP 4 'is out' thread.  To do so now, that I have made my decision on this thread, would be rather disingenuous...so look there.

Post Edit.  Ok...SMP 4.0.1 is now installed in both XP10 and XP11...and will post as soon as I get comfortable with the new features.  And..yes..there are... :)

Ses

Will post to the proper thread after this notice...

OK...will throw them up to the SMP 4 'is out' thread.  To do so now, that I have made my decision on this thread, would be rather disingenuous...so look there.

Man, those are nice pics, but do you really like flying at 20fps?  That's below my stutter threshold for sure.  With XP10/11, 28+ is about all I can stand, and things are much better once in the mid 30's and up.

Looks pretty though :smile: 

Man, those are nice pics, but do you really like flying at 20fps?  That's below my stutter threshold for sure.  With XP10/11, 28+ is about all I can stand, and things are much better once in the mid 30's and up.

Looks pretty though :smile:

I have XP11 and 10 full out...every feature at max.  I have all my sims that way...(my visual cortex needs, lol)

At even 15 fps, on my system is dead smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.  I only keep the FPS meter on...as I'm still a FPS Junkie in recovery....lol.   Honestly...I no longer need to keep it on. I only do in screen shots, so the viewer can see the complexity of the scene, and what FPS is being recorded at the moment of capture.   If I did not have smooth performance, than I would have to 'tone' the features down. You need to take Thread Optimization to OFF in the desktop nVidia graphic control mask.  That is VERY IMPORTANT!   Oh..and btw,  my FPS can go from a bottom of 15, to 35, at any time...depending upon the cloudbase, the airport, all of it...blah, blah.  But if I can get 15 FPS to infinity...then having a max'ed out XP10 or XP11, is simply glorious!

Oh...another post-thought 'oh'....if I can get dead smooth, no stop/start putter, stutter on my system at 15FPS, with all the sliders at the bulging side of things, so should you!  If you are getting stutters at 28 FPS...then honestly, something is wrong..something needs to be attended to...tweaked, whatever....  Yeppers....

Cheers,

Just setting up SMP 4.0.1 and man...there are new features...like a second menu for precipitation and snowfall...with even snow being able to have the flakes rotate in simulated 3D.  Yes folks..this is NOT v3.'3'.  This is a new version.  :))))

Well..will post when I have something to post in the 'SMP 4.0 is out' thread. I'll post screen shots there.  Still setting up, and reading the manual...

At xEnviro's side its snowing in Alaska

X-Plane%202016-12-20%2002-11-26-05_zpsb7

• Upvote 4

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

15 FPS ... you sure can take a punch!

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

15 FPS ... you sure can take a punch!

In going from SMP 3.3.2 to SMP 4.0.1, I just picked up 3-5 FPS and that is with clouds set to full max. They weren't kidding that it has been optimized!

<snip> You need to take Thread Optimization to OFF in the desktop nVidia graphic control mask.  That is VERY IMPORTANT!   Oh..and btw,  my FPS can go from a bottom of 15, to 35, at any time...depending upon the cloudbase, the airport, all of it...blah, blah.  But if I can get 15 FPS to infinity...then having a max'ed out XP10 or XP11, is simply glorious!

Oh...another post-thought 'oh'....if I can get dead smooth, no stop/start putter, stutter on my system at 15FPS, with all the sliders at the bulging side of things, so should you!  If you are getting stutters at 28 FPS...then honestly, something is wrong..something needs to be attended to...tweaked, whatever....  Yeppers....

Cheers,

<snip>

Yeah, I totally get the frustration of a stutter that can ruin even a higher fps, but 15 to me IS a constant stutter ha, even if it's dead even on the frame times.

I simply can't go there.  Besides, doesn't the flight engine have problems calculating properly below about 20 in X-Plane?  Anyhow, 25-28 is about all I'm willing to stare at, even if it's stutter free.  But, suppose that's why we have "rendering options" to fit our machines and expectations.

I feel like Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets when he says "I tell you, buddy... I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me." regarding enjoying a flight sim at 15 fps. :wink: 

Yeah, I totally get the frustration of a stutter that can ruin even a higher fps, but 15 to me IS a constant stutter ha, even if it's dead even on the frame times.

I simply can't go there.  Besides, doesn't the flight engine have problems calculating properly below about 20 in X-Plane?  Anyhow, 25-28 is about all I'm willing to stare at, even if it's stutter free.  But, suppose that's why we have "rendering options" to fit our machines and expectations.

I feel like Jack Nicholson in As Good as It Gets when he says "I tell you, buddy... I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me." regarding enjoying a flight sim at 15 fps. :wink:

I guess then, that I am lucky, in that I can run, when it happens...to that well-bottom of 15, with no abhorrent visuals.  But usually, and for the most part, I hover between 21-33 FPS.  I have noticed though, that I have piced up 3-5 FPS with the same settings in V4.0.1, that I had in v3.3.2. So, Sun Dog (FKane) did optimized his product.  I usually settle around 5, 500 feet (a little over a mile out from my x/y) as my cloud pervue.  So, picking up 5 FPS is another bonus in going v3--->v4.

• Upvote 1

Guest Mik75

At 15 fps (everything below 19), X-Plane isn't running in realtime anymore. Everything, including the flight model, and time, get slowed down. Just as a side note!

First i bought Skymaxx (with discount), i was really disappointed in XP11. Black clouds at sunset, just cumulus, and so on. I don't want to bash against Skymaxx. Its a great product, but if one want to fly more than just GA below 10k feet, X-Enviro is the better product.

Today i couldn't resist, and bought X-Enviro:

Just WOW. This is how the sky should look like.

27768644ly.png

27768645xx.png

27768646lu.png

27768647oa.png

27768648ge.png

• Upvote 7

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg