Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

I thought XEnviro does not have historical weather yet?

I think it was introduced in 1.5

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Current version is 1.06, 1.5/historical weather is on the future roadmap: http://xenviro.net/work.php

You are right! Well whatever weather it is currently it doesn't match METAR :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Is anyone else experience high clouds (upper atmosphere i think) that move really fast constantly?  Something I just noticed, not sure if its a setting i toggled in the sim itself or why this is occurring.. even paused they are flying by.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Is anyone else experience high clouds (upper atmosphere i think) that move really fast constantly?  Something I just noticed, not sure if its a setting i toggled in the sim itself or why this is occurring.. even paused they are flying by.

I'm also getting ridiculous looking snow blowing on the runways.. not just blowing slowly, but basically the entire runway flickers (the blowing snow flickering/dancing) as the snow blows across the runway.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I'm also getting ridiculous looking snow blowing on the runways.. not just blowing slowly, but basically the entire runway flickers (the blowing snow flickering/dancing) as the snow blows across the runway.

I think this might be an XP11 effect and not XEnviro, based on previous reports. Especially if you see it flickering on every pavement surface like parking lots.

Try turning off the Xenviro plugin in the drop-down menu and see if it's still there.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I think this might be an XP11 effect and not XEnviro, based on previous reports. Especially if you see it flickering on every pavement surface like parking lots.

Try turning off the Xenviro plugin in the drop-down menu and see if it's still there.

That's an XP "feature". There is a blank texture that can be downloaded from the org to replace it.

I think this might be an XP11 effect and not XEnviro, based on previous reports. Especially if you see it flickering on every pavement surface like parking lots.6

No, if I turn off xenviro the crazy flickering blowing snow goes away. Seems to be related to xenviro

I had that from B1 to B3.   No more flickering at all, with B5. That is good.  Yep, you get wind-swept snow upon the tarmac and runways, with XP.

That's an XP "feature". There is a blank texture that can be downloaded from the org to replace it.

Only thing i seem to be finding is a modified blowing snow, not a blank one here

Only thing i seem to be finding is a modified blowing snow, not a blank one here

There's a folder in that download, called "Deleted_Effect", which is blank.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

There's a folder in that download, called "Deleted_Effect", which is blank.

Ah OK I missed that point thanks

Here is a rudimentary example of the flickering

Yeah, that's X-Plane's own extremely awful "snow on runway" effect, not related to xEnviro. 

xEnviro will just tell the game that now it's snowing and produce the effect.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yeah, that's X-Plane's own extremely awful "snow on runway" effect, not related to xEnviro. 

xEnviro will just tell the game that now it's snowing and produce the effect.

OK, but are you basically saying xenviro amplifies it? In the video you see I turn xenviro off and the flickering stops. Either way I'm switching to the blank texture

OK, but are you basically saying xenviro amplifies it? In the video you see I turn xenviro off and the flickering stops. Either way I'm switching to the blank texture

The effect is just based on whether it's snowing and how strong the wind is. If xEnviro feeds the game data that it's snowing and very windy, you'll have that awful effect moving across at a million miles an hour. Sure, you can say it amplifies it but it's not a problem with xEnviro per say. Any weather engine feeding the game the same data would yield the same result.