Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Yes, I removed two posts. The original post was too aggressive and was invoking a reaction.

For those interested (and I might as well post as it keeps coming back up again), the topic under discussion is this: (http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12462-gizmo-ctd/). I'd suggest if anyone wants to complain then please go to that topic to do so, and let's leave this topic for discussion of xEnviro and updates.

Thanks Tony for the heads-up. Agree that the first one was a bit over the top but good to have the link if someone wants to engage. When the blood starts boiling I usually remember good advice I got many years ago from my boss: "Write that Email and then go to bed. If you still like your words the next morning send it." Now back to X-Enviro:

desktop01.12.2017-14.jms82.png

Hans

On the subject of 2D sprites for clouds.. i asked a question on a post made by Andrey Sheybak on the Xenviro FB page.. and he responded indicated (paraphrasing).. that adding more depth than having just 2D sprites for clouds is on his dev schedule, the second item in fact.. he says they will work on more sophisticated approaches to the rendering of volumes, making the whole picture better and even more realistic both up close and from further away.

So thats great news.

• Upvote 3

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Need help here, i don't know why but when i'm at the airport i have a lot of fog, as soon as i pass 3000 agl everything clear up, up to the point where the runway gets pretty visible. There is no transition but just a snap....am i doing something wrong?

Need help here, i don't know why but when i'm at the airport i have a lot of fog, as soon as i pass 3000 agl everything clear up, up to the point where the runway gets pretty visible. There is no transition but just a snap....am i doing something wrong?

Go to the weather screen and set visibility to max (100 miles)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

here are a couple of screenshots

DC-6A_3.png?raw=1

DC-6A_4.png?raw=1

Go to the weather screen and set visibility to max (100 miles)

Do you mean the settings in XP and not xenviro? if so it is already above 100 miles, unless i'm setting the wrong option

• Upvote 1

Do you mean the settings in XP and not xenviro? if so it is already above 100 miles, unless i'm setting the wrong option

Sorry, I missed you was using xEnviro... In an xEnviro thread! Doh! :Doh: My fault!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I'm getting that too. Also a variation where I start out in fog or rain on the runway, then there is a sudden snap transition to clear weather, while the fog/rain layer remains below as a sharp transition. 

Here's what it looks like, climbing out of Vancouver Intl. with rain on the runway, then a sudden transition above that layer. You can still see the coastline and the runway through the bottom layer at the middle right of the image:

010117_Grumman_G-21A_Goose_35.jpg

That isn't a fog layer -- it's heavy rain, with no clouds above to cause it. It looks like there should have been something above that layer, like more clouds. Maybe a server drop-out?

I'm waiting to see if the next patch fixes it. If it doesn't, I might go back to SkyMaxx Pro v4 for a while. XEnviro may look better at high altitude, but it's flaking out too often near the ground like this, and with other sudden transitions in the middle of a flight.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This behavior is one of the thing that i hated from day one in SMP and it's simply not acceptable for me, i just hope i haven't wasted 70 bucks on this. 

Wow just wow, i'm surprised how people have really low standards. I've seen so much suggestion for XEnviro implying that the only issue was about the clouds resolution and 2d looking and nothing related to a deal breaker like this. I clearly say that at this condition i suggest it to no one just like SMP. Incredible i've just wasted 70 bucks that i cannot get refunded. What really ###### me off is that i took 10 min to get disappointed. Just the time to buy it, install, select my home airport, depart just too see how it looks from above and boom.....

There is even the risk that this will be the last drop of water that will push me away from civil sims again. I hate to waste money on half working stuff (i'm a black or white person, there is no gray in between for me) and since i returned to civil sims i've wasted at least 150 buck (SMP+RWC, X-Life, World Traffic and now XEnviro)...not much for my wallet much but too much for someone who really hate to waste money. 

• Upvote 1

Let me try and see if I can reproduce that. Just checked Vancouver live image and will report what xenviro shows.

Hans

Let me try and see if I can reproduce that. Just checked Vancouver live image and will report what xenviro shows.

that airport is SBCF

UPDATE:

nevermind the test because it's not raining anymore so as the mate said above it is something directly related to the raining and to the fact that xenviro set visibility max to way lower value and keeps playing with that

I still think Xenviro is the best charge I put on my credit card in 2016 but, as said above, I have low expectations. World traffic si about to move to version3, currently is a bit messy to set up. X-Life quite prone to bugs and crashes, just read support forum.

I think you 're a bit hasty to buy things, Xplane is a world of small steps, I don't pretend Xenviro be on par with AS2016 at their first release.

Sad, but maybe you're more compatible with other sims, have you tried DCS?

Anyway enjoy.

• Upvote 2

that airport is SBCF

Paraffin said he was climbing out of Vancouver. NightEagle, you are at SBCF and see something similar?

Indeed, at Vancouver Int xenviro shows excessive fog at the moment. However, I was flying with it already today and everything was fine then. Possibly a server issue. 

On my machine, SBCF looks fine in xenviro based on the metar data.

Hans

Wow just wow, i'm surprised how people have really low standards. I've seen so much suggestion for XEnviro implying that the only issue was about the clouds resolution and 2d looking and nothing related to a deal breaker like this. I clearly say that at this condition i suggest it to no one just like SMP. Incredible i've just wasted 70 bucks that i cannot get refunded. What really ###### me off is that i took 10 min to get disappointed. Just the time to buy it, install, select my home airport, depart just too see how it looks from above and boom.....

There is even the risk that this will be the last drop of water that will push me away from civil sims again. I hate to waste money on half working stuff (i'm a black or white person, there is no gray in between for me) and since i returned to civil sims i've wasted at least 150 buck (SMP+RWC, X-Life, World Traffic and now XEnviro)...not much for my wallet much but too much for someone who really hate to waste money. 

Well, I've been flying with XE since it has launched, and have not once run into the kind of display shown above.  I've flown a ton of bad weather ILS flights, and have not really found any strange phenomenon like shown, and find the XE experience to be good for nasty weather approaches.

We would all like the perfect weather rendering experience--but until XP re-builds it's atmosphere model top to bottom, we're not likely to get close for a while.

If you can't accept non-perfection, perhaps investing in actual flight would be an alternative?

• Upvote 4