Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

In addition to that weird effect I am having another one. One some occasions the entire aircraft can be blown about like an autumn leaf. I was parked at the gates at ESSA when this wierd texture-flickering effect started. All of a sudden the 727 was being pushed sideways on the tarmac. Actually blowing tyres and damaging flaps in the process (was using Flyjsim 727 v2). This has happened a couple of times while just standing on the ground. Unsure if xEnviro is the culprit but I suspect it is as it hasn't happened when not using that plugin. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Was flying up to KSEA when I saw this. Looked amazing :)

6wqurx.jpg

• Upvote 8

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6wqurx.jpg

This is without a doubt the best in sim screenshot I have ever seen , in any sim. Did you touch this up at all? What ZL are those orthos? SkyMaxx can only dream of this. Well I think this does it, I'm getting XE this next week. Post it in the subreddit!

• Upvote 1

6wqurx.jpg

WOW!

You should really post this one in the screenshot section here as well - what a stunning capture from XPlane and XEnviro!

Great!

• Upvote 1

Wonderful shots...

btw.: this thread has over 800 replies. It seems, that weather is the single most important feature for a flight sim. The people pay even more for it as for the main sim itself.

Tom

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

This is without a doubt the best in sim screenshot I have ever seen , in any sim. Did you touch this up at all? What ZL are those orthos? SkyMaxx can only dream of this. Well I think this does it, I'm getting XE this next week. Post it in the subreddit!

That's high praise, thank you. This is untouched outside of cropping the "paused" bar and resizing it down to 720p. It's ZL16 ortho (USGS).

I'll see about having it up in the subreddit later.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

btw.: this thread has over 800 replies. It seems, that weather is the single most important feature for a flight sim. The people pay even more for it as for the main sim itself.

Austin doesn't see it like that unfortunately.

That's high praise, thank you. This is untouched outside of cropping the "paused" bar and resizing it down to 720p. It's ZL16 ortho (USGS).

I'll see about having it up in the subreddit later.

Superb screen capture Sethos. What provider are you using for the west coast in Ortho4XP?

Superb screen capture Sethos. What provider are you using for the west coast in Ortho4XP?

Thanks. USGS is the one listed as USA_2 under Ortho4XP. Technically, also USA_1 but that's 'uncorrected' data I believe.

Thanks. USGS is the one listed as USA_2 under Ortho4XP. Technically, also USA_1 but that's 'uncorrected' data I believe.

Awesome shot Brother - link to this USA_2 under Ortho4XP ? stuff confuses me - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Awesome shot Brother - link to this USA_2 under Ortho4XP ? stuff confuses me - thanks 

Just select USA_2 in the drop down menu of the main menu.  I believe it is BI (Bing) by default.  You can also click the "create custom ZL" button and look at previews from each source for a specific tile.

Ryan

Just select USA_2 in the drop down menu of the main menu.  I believe it is BI (Bing) by default.  You can also click the "create custom ZL" button and look at previews from each source for a specific tile.

Hi Ryan - will I loose my autogen using this stuff ? do not want to do that - XP looks pretty photoreal as it is - thank you

Rich Sennett

Hi Ryan - will I loose my autogen using this stuff ? do not want to do that - XP looks pretty photoreal as it is - thank you

Richard, when using Ortho4XP you can either use W2XP scenery (depending on the area ) or use the build overlay function in Ortho4xp and that will give your whatever you call "autogen" but it depends if XP has that or OSM has it or no.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

No, there is an option to add an overlay.  You can use XP default OSM data or alpilot's HD mesh which also has OSM data.  The roads and buildings actually follow the photo scenery roads and the result is quite incredible.  PM me if you need any help getting started.

Ryan

Richard, when using Ortho4XP you can either use W2XP scenery (depending on the area ) or use the build overlay function in Ortho4xp and that will give your whatever you call "autogen" but it depends if XP has that or OSM has it or no.

No, there is an option to add an overlay.  You can use XP default OSM data or alpilot's HD mesh which also has OSM data.  The roads and buildings actually follow the photo scenery roads and the result is quite incredible.  PM me if you need any help getting started.

Thank you Guys much - Ryan I will do that and thank you for the help - very nice of you  :wink:

Rich Sennett