2 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

alot of benchmarks are coming out on youtube, if those are correct, it's not looking good for amd, i was excited and was gonna sell my 7700k build for ryzen, i think i might change my mind about that. i hope some better benchmarks come out showing amd wins by a large margin.

I haven't been able to find any of these. I'd wait until the main review sites have been able to look at the CPU's properly. 

7 hours ago, JimmiG said:

Supposedly the NDA lifts at 9AM EST on the 2nd of March. Same date and time for the entire world, but obviously local times will vary. For some, it will lift in the early morning on the 2nd, for others in the afternoon. For some it might already be early in the morning on the 3rd.

Tech sites are probably working on the reviews right now so they'll be ready to hit the publish button as soon as the NDA lifts. They've had access to the CPUs for a while.

Not sure how retailers in Oceania are going to handle the NDA. They will have closed for the day before they're allowed to sell the CPUs, so you probably won't be able to buy them until the 3rd there. Online stores might ship them out early so people receive their orders on the 3rd.

I meant India, the vendor has says the prices will be released on the 2nd but does it mean that the Chip will be ready for delivery.

I guess 3rd march would be the date when these reviews popup

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What youtube reviews ? the ones I watched say otherwise.

12 hours ago, turboken said:

Sorry to stray a little more, but Martin I couldn't agree more how big of a problem this is. I live in the PNW where a lot of lovely ORBX scenery is made and the housing and rent prices have increased at an astronomical rate due in part to so many people moving here, namely California where they sell there home for a million bucks and buy one here for half the price. Well the wages here are a joke and as you stated anyone who didn't already have a house to sell now has to spend all there income on rent/mortgage. Guess what happened to the economy... Well good for the 100,000 California's that moved up here in the past 2 years with all that money, but when it runs out good luck finding a job to support that $2400 a month mortgage for a basic 3 bedroom cookie cutter row house. Sorry for the vent.... So yes I live across the street from where these great Intel chips are made, massive place let me tell ya, but I say GO AMD! We all need there help in kicking Intel's butt back into the performance side of things.

Didn't realise you suffer the same as we in the UK regarding this.

Tell you what though, you guy's in the US would be shocked how expensive houses are here. My house is worth $330,000, bought it for £80,000 late 90's, and you can barely swing a cat. Not that I would swing a cat you understand, MartinW loves cats. And all animals for that matter. :biggrin:

6 hours ago, OmniAtlas said:

Looks like the 1700 overclocks to 4 ghz on air! Nearly on par with 7700k, and of course destroys it on multi-processing tasks. 

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-3dmark-multithreaded-benchmarks-leaked/

n7fhFAf.jpg

Well no, it's not nearly on a par with 7700K in terms of overclocking or single thread performance. 7700K hits 5GHz. Nice overclock though for the rubbish stock cooler. Be interesting to see what it can do with a top-notch cooler.

The NDA thing is 9 ET I think, around 3 hrs from now

Soon. 

Here is what the P3D devs has to say about multicores:

Re: LM Devs - 4-core, 6-core, 8-core - What’s best for P3D v3?

Unread postby Beau Hollis » Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 7:33

The primary core clock will have the largest impact on raw FPS when CPU bound, but there is a second core dedicated to rendering specific tasks that run each frame, and the other cores are used as needed for background jobs. If you fly fast, or watch the usage during a system load, you'll see most all the cores getting hit when there are a large number of terrain requests in flight. Having more cores will allow more terrain jobs to run at once, and will likely lead to smoother performance and sharper textures when flying fast enough to keep the terrain system requesting data. A 4 core machine might be a bit constrained because only two threads are used for terrain loading jobs. Don't pay too close attention to the percent usage stats on the extra cores. If we kept them maxed all the time, there wouldn't be head room for the unexpected work that may crop up.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

So, who is going to be the first on here to be the Ryzen guinea pig and post up some numbers :P

Short i shall have one, not sure its Good för the sim the kabylake is approx 7% bettet singel tread with same frq and the fact its difficult to oc over 4.1-4.2ghz , with a good 7700k you have over 30% better single tread performance.

Not sure if i was spot on , but pretty close Martin

looks like the 7700k is still the one to have if you just want the best FS experience. Thanks to AMD though for raising the bar higher and now Intel will have to be competitive for the first time in years.

• Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

looks like a great chip for the price. Good competition.

Would love to see the performance of Ryzen at least in Xplane / DCS and of course even the MSFS ones.

That review of OC3d is good about Ryzen It's a good purchase

I will be building a Ryzen system on an Asus CrossHair shortly. Good bang for the buck! It will give me better FPS's. I can use the extra cores and SMT will be a bonus and future proof to a degree. It's still a new architecture so improvements will be forthcoming, as well BIOS mobo updates Etc. If Intel produces something markedly better, good for them, BUT, I think they will think twice about the price gouging consumer effect. About all they can do right away is drop prices. Big entities are like Big Ships, they take a while to make a 180 degree turn.

Best

BaldyB

12 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

I will be building a Ryzen system on an Asus CrossHair shortly. Good bang for the buck! It will give me better FPS's. I can use the extra cores and SMT will be a bonus and future proof to a degree. It's still a new architecture so improvements will be forthcoming, as well BIOS mobo updates Etc. If Intel produces something markedly better, good for them, BUT, I think they will think twice about the price gouging consumer effect. About all they can do right away is drop prices. Big entities are like Big Ships, they take a while to make a 180 degree turn.

Best

BaldyB

Would love to see flight sim performance when you build the rig.

Unless Intel has something extra ordinary coming else the price would remain, it would be foolish for them to raise the prices for the ones that have been dropped.