Some benchmarks are showing up but nothing official from AMD yet and it seems it is upto the Intel chip.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Ma

If Ryzen is as good as we think it "might" be... you could say AMD have Ryzen from the dead. LOL

Martin, each one of you posts shows your negativity towards AMD. Why?  Everyone is like: "Oh boy great news ... let's hope it's better or as good as Intel, at a much lower price."      Is that bad for you? Cause all of your posts are either sarcastic or angry.         Relax !

Plenty more where that came from.

According to this...

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/102322-uk-us-prices-amd-r7-ryzen-processors-spotted/

1800X when you add VAT will be £438. It makes the point in the article, that this is from a world wide distributor, so the price won't be accurate for we in the UK. Could well be much higher than this.

Don't expect miracles chaps. May be cheaper than the Intel equivalent, but might not be as cheap as you think.

Except it's not "confirmed". It's a leak, many factors to add top the equation. You will know how much when it's actually for sale.

In other news relating to this, looks like Intel have already got a strategy in mind to counter the thereat from Ryzen...

So, the above report just proves how Intel has been playing games with its customers. Pretending that "hey here's the latest and the greatest the world has ever seen." All this when they know they can bring out a good product without charging those horrendous prices every 12 months.  Soooo, Welcome ADM !

Still nothing about single core performance tho

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Still nothing about single core performance tho

Yeah nothing yet on the single thread. 

Though I am not bothered about it , prefer multi-thread now as XP / DCS i think use multi-threads though i am not sure.

Single threaded performance (1700X):

amd-ryzen-performnance-1.jpg?width=960

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2017/02/12/amd-ryzen-biggest-leak-yet-amazing-benchmarks-and-prices-starting-at-just-129/#64ff8e6c4bb7

This is with a $389 ryzen CPU (leaked prices - not confirmed),base speed not overclocked. Right now, the Intel 6800k sells for $420 on Amazon.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Martin, each one of you posts shows your negativity towards AMD. Why?  Everyone is like: "Oh boy great news ... let's hope it's better or as good as Intel, at a much lower price."      Is that bad for you? Cause all of your posts are either sarcastic or angry.         Relax !

I cannot see any type of negativity here towards AMD?!

He just made a single remark (ryzen from the dead) which is true ;-)

Ma

Errr... Joe, I think you have become somewhat confused, perhaps you are confusing me with another. I think you owe me an apology.

Here is a selection of comments I've made for you to peruse. The obviously positive comments are in bold.

However... given that Ryzen is expected to be half the cost of the equivalent Intel CPU, may well be worth hanging fire on any purchase, so that a comparison between Ryzen, Skylake and Kaby Lake can be made. Why not, they may be similar prices, so if not in a hurry, no reason to commit just yet.

For those requiring 6 cores, it could be great news indeed though.

If you watch this video below, Noctua are releasing not one, but three coolers for Ryzen. They haven't done that before with an AMD cooler. Which suggests that they know something we don't know. They're under the NDA of course. Suggests they think it will be VERY popular CPU.

I think you might be misunderstanding. No one is saying Ryzen WILL be awesome. People are just excited by the leaked benchmarks and comments they have read. People are just optimistic that finally AMD "might" be a competitor for Intel. The experts are just as optimistic as we are for this platform.

In my opinion, the chances of Ryzen challenging Intel are about 60/40 in favour.

But yes, all this excitement over Ryzen looks promising, but that's all we can say for now.

In other news relating to this, looks like Intel have already got a strategy in mind to counter the thereat from Ryzen...

Hope that clears up your confusion.  :smile:

I only had bad experiences with AMD (slow performance, real bad graphic drivers, etc) but i sincerely hope they rise (pun not intended). Intel is doing what they want right now and nVidia about the same. The 1080 isn't even THAT good and sells for a stupid price. This needs to end and it will end only with fierce competition.

Go AMD!

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well said Nuno.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which company supplies the CPUs...

All that matters is bang for the bucks :-)

All is looking good now for AMD, I hope we won't be disappointed. Even the single core performance which is vital for us simmers looks good if we trust the chart above (where ever this comes from).

• Upvote 1

intel is already ramping up to release it's i7 8700k, so i think intel might be a little concerned, thats confirmed on tweaktown.if ryzen does in fact just equal intel, i will part my system and go amd just to help with amd sales.

It's looking good with Ryzen according to all the unofficial benchies and reviews. Just hope it's not too expensive. Quad should be good enough for DCS / Xplane.

Yeah nothing yet on the single thread. 

Though I am not bothered about it , prefer multi-thread now as XP / DCS i think use multi-threads though i am not sure.

But does XP/DCS need as many as 6 - 8 cores? Is 4 enough?

Given that Ryzen won't clock anywhere near Kaby lake's 4.8 - 5 GHz, and that it looks like Intel are introducing new versions of kaby Lake at a lower price and slightly faster, Kaby Lake might still be the better bet. 

As for games, are there many games out there that need more than 4 cores plus HT? Didn't think there were many.

In my mind, if Ryzen is as good as we hope, it will still only be a competitor for the 6-8 core Intel equivalent, for those that absolutely must have more than 4 cores plus HT. Don't think that's most of us. 

But does XP/DCS need as many as 6 - 8 cores? Is 4 enough?

Given that Ryzen won't clock anywhere near Kaby lake's 4.8 - 5 GHz, and that it looks like Intel are introducing new versions of kaby Lake at a lower price and slightly faster, Kaby Lake might still be the better bet. 

As for games, are there many games out there that need more than 4 cores plus HT? Didn't think there were many.

In my mind, if Ryzen is as good as we hope, it will still only be a competitor for the 6-8 core Intel equivalent, for those that absolutely must have more than 4 cores plus HT. Don't think that's most of us. 

I don't think any games having multi-thread capability is using more than 4 cores but i could be wrong. I think 4 cores are enough for XPlane / DCS

OCing is not my thing , it was only when i had FSX