Bye bye intel!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2017/02/09/amd-ryzen-prices-revealed-massive-blow-to-intel/#14ba37f96e7c

"Several websites have been pointing at online store www.shopblt.com, which has apparently leaked three AMD Ryzen SKUs all in the 7-series - the Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1700. Incredibly, the Ryzen 7 1700 is posted as costing just $317. This is hugely significant as according to a previous leak that supposedly revealed the entire AMD Ryzen range, this CPU will have 8 cores and 16 threads. This is the same as Intel's Core i7-6900K, which retails right now for $1,049."

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I have always used AMD and never had any problems except in FSX, the last AMD system i had was the FX-6300 and it did everything very well except FSX, XPlane 10 worked nicely on it. But now i don't have a desktop and looking forward to Ryzen and hope it turns out good, can't afford Intel / Nvidia

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Bye bye intel!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2017/02/09/amd-ryzen-prices-revealed-massive-blow-to-intel/#14ba37f96e7c

"Several websites have been pointing at online store www.shopblt.com, which has apparently leaked three AMD Ryzen SKUs all in the 7-series - the Ryzen 7 1800X, 1700X and 1700. Incredibly, the Ryzen 7 1700 is posted as costing just $317. This is hugely significant as according to a previous leak that supposedly revealed the entire AMD Ryzen range, this CPU will have 8 cores and 16 threads. This is the same as Intel's Core i7-6900K, which retails right now for $1,049."

Well yes, but it's a leak. The price may well triple upon release, and/or the performance may be nowhere near as good as the Intel CPU. You can't trust "leaks" 100%. But yes, all this excitement over Ryzen looks promising, but that's all we can say for now.

Bye bye intel!

AMD 1700X will be equivalent to Intel's 6900k ? I thought it was the 1800X. Damn, so the 1800X I'm guessing will be even much better than Intel's 6900K ?  And for a significantly less price? Wow,      is this a dream? Or reality?   If beocmes reality, that's going to be a  massive-heart-attack style to Intel.  lol

It would be nice to think that this is reality, because the CPU market could do with a big shake up.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It would be nice to think that this is reality, because the CPU market could do with a big shake up.

Yeah, I honestly miss the days of AMD. Not sure why but... they had that feel and look like something amazing. Their heat sink was cool. It's like they would put a lot of effort into making the product look and perform great. Whereas Intel it was more inclined to laptops and computers for work stuff. Pentium 1 , 2, 3  etc. 

But any way, we'll see what happens  when it get's here.   If it is as good- or better- than Intel, I will rebuild my entire system from scratch. 

I have always used AMD and never had any problems except in FSX, the last AMD system i had was the FX-6300 and it did everything very well except FSX, XPlane 10 worked nicely on it. But now i don't have a desktop and looking forward to Ryzen and hope it turns out good, can't afford Intel / Nvidia

I hear ya!  I was an AMD follower too, until the Intel Core2 CPU's came out.  I really hope the AMD Ryzen has some real competition for Intel.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

If Ryzen is as good as we think it "might" be... you could say AMD have Ryzen from the dead. LOL

• Upvote 3

I hear ya!  I was an AMD follower too, until the Intel Core2 CPU's came out.  I really hope the AMD Ryzen has some real competition for Intel.

Intel has a monopoly and they charge what they want and people buy , if AMD has Ryzen the competition would be good.

But when they launched the FX Bulldozer series all the hype was washed away and hope this time the CPU's are good.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

AMD 1700X will be equivalent to Intel's 6900k ? I thought it was the 1800X. Damn, so the 1800X I'm guessing will be even much better than Intel's 6900K ?  And for a significantly less price? Wow,      is this a dream? Or reality?   If beocmes reality, that's going to be a  massive-heart-attack style to Intel.  lol

Like I said before:

Wait for benchmarks and real prices, otherwise you could be really disappointed.

I saw so much hypes lately.... No Man's Sky for example. Well, everyone knows how it went.

Nothing wrong with being excited, but obviously you shouldn't place an order until the tech sites have published their benchmarks.

I ran only AMD systems from the K6-2 to the Phenom II, but after Sandy Bridge (arguably after Core 2), AMD simply did not have anything that could compete.

Even if Ryzen ends up beating Intel in most games and applications, Intel might still be the best choice for FSX and P3D, which still rely heavily on good single-threaded performance.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Nothing wrong with being excited, but obviously you shouldn't place an order until the tech sites have published their benchmarks.

I ran only AMD systems from the K6-2 to the Phenom II, but after Sandy Bridge (arguably after Core 2), AMD simply did not have anything that could compete.

Even if Ryzen ends up beating Intel in most games and applications, Intel might still be the best choice for FSX and P3D, which still rely heavily on good single-threaded performance.

The best outcome would be Intel dropping their prices dramatically to counter AMD chips. Then we have a win-win situation.

Perhaps I will get an AMD A320 chipset :)

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-specs-confirmed/

We talked about this particular chip yesterday when its price was confirmed alongside two other chips, the Ryzen 7 1800X and 1700X, by the online retailer shopblt.com. It’s been spotted at another online retailer, this time with the entirety of its spec sheet and feature-set made public. So let’s dig in shall we!

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 – A Mighty Octa-Core For Quad-Core Money

Let’s start with the basics.

• Product ID : YD1700BBAEBOX
  • Processor: Summit Ridge Octa-Core (8 Cores /16 Threads )
  • Frequency: 3.7 GHz
  • TDP ( Thermal Design Power ) : 65 Watt
  • Socket: AM4
  • Package: Boxed With Wraith Cooler
  • Memory Support: Dual-Channel DDR4-2400
  • List Price (Bulk) : $316 ( Expected retail price ~$320 )

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

If Ryzen is as good as we think it "might" be... you could say AMD have Ryzen from the dead. LOL

~groan~

Don't give up that day job just yet. :rolleyes:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

~groan~

Don't give up that day job just yet. :rolleyes:

:smile:

Plenty more where that came from.

According to this...

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/102322-uk-us-prices-amd-r7-ryzen-processors-spotted/

1800X when you add VAT will be £438. It makes the point in the article, that this is from a world wide distributor, so the price won't be accurate for we in the UK. Could well be much higher than this.

UPDATE: The source of the UK pricing image above has emailed me to say that the screenshot is from Ingram Micro, rather than Kikatek. Ingram Micro is a worldwide distributor rather than consumer retailer, so we probably can't expect these prices to translate very closely to retail, even with the added 20 per cent VAT.

Don't expect miracles chaps. May be cheaper than the Intel equivalent, but might not be as cheap as you think.

We talked about this particular chip yesterday when its price was confirmed 

Except it's not "confirmed". It's a leak, many factors to add top the equation. You will know how much when it's actually for sale.

In other news relating to this, looks like Intel have already got a strategy in mind to counter the thereat from Ryzen...

French computer publication Canard PC is the source of the above quote. Its magazine editors have been informed that Intel is planning to adjust its Kaby Lake prices and introduce new chips to fend off the AMD challenge. For the scale of the price cuts to be seen I guess we will have to wait for AMD to show its hand, however insider sources have indicated to Canard PC that two new unlocked Kaby Lake chips have been designed to help fully answer AMD's new lineup. There will be a new unlocked Core i7 and Core i5 as outlined below, asserts the magazine.

• Intel Core i7-7740K: Base frequency of 4.3GHz, Turbo of 4.6GHz. 8MB of L3 cache. TDP of 100W.
  • Intel Core i5-7640K: Base frequency of 4.0GHz. 6MB of L3 cache. TDP of 100W+. Plus last but not least - Hyper-Threading SMT support.

Above you will note that, if the rumours are correct, this will be the first modern Core i5 to have Hyper-Threading enabled. Indeed, as the source says, this feature is traditionally the dividing line between the i5 and i7 chip ranges. However, Intel has already shown that it is willing to blur boundaries in its seventh generation Core processor range with the unlocked Core i3-7350K and the Hyper-Threading enabled Pentium G4560.

Hyper-Threading on the Intel Core i5-7640K is not confirmed by all Canard PC sources but the magazine promises to clear up the uncertainty by the end of the week when it says one of these unannounced processors will arrive at its labs in France for testing.

I donno?  Apparently, Intel is not too concerned at the moment anyway - they just announced the building of a new huge factory in Arizona - plunking down $7 billion.  This, even though their stock value in the market has been in the doldrums for a long, long time.   (I myself got a pretty good rig in Nov. 2015 with the 6700k chip, not O/C, using FSX-SE - I've been happy with it so far).