Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Flight Sim Labs A320 released for P3D

the developers don't care, as long as people keep buying the products, they will continue to up the price, the only way to push the price down and thats if the large audience quits buying theseridiculous priced aircrafts. i did buy the fsx version and regret that i did that, for me it is worth paying the upgrade price at this point. never again will i pay for an aircraft over 75.00. i don't care what features it has. if the pmdg 747 is over 120.00 they can keep it. i am gonna stay with the fsx-se for the planes i like. the pmdg 747 for fsx i am hoping is under 100.00. i will stay with fsx.p3d is a training platform, not for entertainment. these developer's are getting down right greedy.

• Upvote 3

Remember that P3D is a training platform and is not intended for entertainment. Yet many members on AVSIM use it purely for entertainment purposes. If you want to use a training platform for fun (and probably violate some rules in doing so), then you're going to need to pay the training price. 

The FSLabs A320x is certificated for training?

Cheers :)

N.-

The FSLabs A320x is certificated for training?

I'd assume so if it was released for P3D.

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

The price is probably indicative of how few people there are in the flight sim community. If the community grows and more people are buying the products, then the developers can probably start to charge lower prices and still make their $$$. 

I'd assume so if it was released for P3D.

No it is not certificated for training and neither is P3D when not used as part of a FAA approved hardware/software combination.

Carenado release products for P3D, do you also assume those are certificated ?

What a price hike!!!....thank God I'm a Boeing guy :)

PMDG set the standard of gouging P3D users!

• Upvote 4

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

No it is not certificated for training and neither is P3D

Actually, Prepar3d is a training platform in its essence and with no liability or limitation statement on FSLabs point of purchase, I'd say yes it is for training otherwise that would be misleading of them ;)

Remember that P3D is a training platform and is not intended for entertainment. Yet many members on AVSIM use it purely for entertainment purposes. If you want to use a training platform for fun (and probably violate some rules in doing so), then you're going to need to pay the training price. 

I would love to know what percentage of owners of P3D use it for "entertainment" vs. serious training.  I would guess its 80/20 given that this rule tends to apply to most things.  Maybe I should by some shares of LM and ask the question at the next shareholders meeting.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I love highly complex aircraft and recognize the higher price point but PMDG really set the precedent with higher prices which of course there are buyers, so others will follow. Now I have a feeling that trend will creep up with even lesser complex aircraft.

Perhaps the question should be if the price covers not just the 64bit V4 of p3d but whether it could be ported to the new DTGFS. If DTGFS offers similar to p3d but without this stupid corporate non "entertainment" pricing, then lets hope it goes that way.

Try to buy this FSL A320 twice and the whopping 185CDN is just incredibly hard to swallow. I will eventually succumb though. Im a sucker

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Awesome FSL. Thanks for a terrific product. i certainly don't mind handing my cash over for a quality product.

Pete Richards

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I'd say yes it is for training otherwise that would be misleading of them ;)

Certificated ?, by who exactly.

I do blame developers. For me (i need to underline:for me) this is greed.

So when you go to work and collect a pay check is that greed?

Pete Richards

Actually, Prepar3d is a training platform in its essence

But only when used with FAA approved hardware, try getting FAA approval for a Logitec or Saitek joystick LOL

• Upvote 1

Has anyone purchased it already? Any reports on VAS/FPS?  

Certificated ?, by who exactly.

Don't remember saying certified... just said 'training'

But only when used with FAA approved hardware, try getting FAA approval for a Logitec or Saitek joystick LOL

Who said FAA? I'm in Europe and when purchasing P3D it was for home based training use as per its EULA, PMDG planes do state not for such use when licensed in their EULA for P3D and at Point of purchase, fs labs doesn't so its simple to deduce that it is so.