Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

Lufthansa Technic probably. "You putt zee seetbelt on vis vun clik!!" (Lets see who gets that reference ...lol)

I think I get it... :P

I think I get it... :P

I was looking for a meme or image but I can't find one that would not be immediately reported to the avsim moderators as inappropriate... oh well... 

Oh my god. Oh my god.. This is sooo exciting...I think I'm going to have a heart failure.

Rsr mentioned lavatory services.. Does that mean we'll have a truck that attaches a pipe to the aircraft to remove all the... The. Human excreta?

Isn't there a latch at the tail section?

That list is scary good. I can't wait to try out the flight dynamics.. Just need to save a few dollars more!!!!!!!!!

Rsr mentioned lavatory services.. Does that mean we'll have a truck that attaches a pipe to the aircraft to remove all the... The. Human excreta?

Is this what flight sim has really become? ...what will we do. I can't wait to tell my friends and family (who have been lectured on PMDG quality, almost propaganda style) that this new product even simulates what happens when the airport food decided it wants to fight you. (Yes, the lav service port is usually, um, towards the 'rear' of the airplane. Someone at Boeing had a sense of humour.)

• Upvote 1

f PMDG can do it, I can remove GSX and free up the VAS.

wow  didnt know  gsx  takes  so much  vas  from your  pc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This aircraft holds fond memories for me, Sydney airport was a -400 haven in the 90's and early 2000's with the legacy carriers flying multiple daily flights using the Queen. Of course Qantas and Ansett used her as a flagship. I have been lucky that my career has afforded me the opportunity to visit Everett on more than one occasion, crawling all over VH-OEJ while in production, which was to take the mantle of Wunala Dreaming from VH - OJB. As my user name implies, I had a fair bit to do with the production of the fibre glass variable camber panels of the -400 finishing my time with mother Boeing, as part of the first shipset for the 747-8 programme and 787 main wing trailing edge. Quality takes time and I for one appreciate the relentless attention to detail, the PMDG team take, in the development of each aircraft. It will be a satisfying moment indeed, lined up on Runway 16R ready for a DEENA6 departure from YSSY. Thankyou Team

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ian Allanson

• Upvote 1

wow  didnt know  gsx  takes  so much  vas  from your  pc

GSX does not use much VAS, however it does use some VAS, and if the plane I am flying already incorporates these features, with handy control via the FMC, there is no reason to keep GSX active. I have nothing against GSX and have always supported their products, which I believe are excellent. I would continue to use them for aircraft that do not have the built in features that the 747 will apparently have.

It doesn't on my system...

Has PMDG really created their own "GSX-Like-Ground-Service" as a part of Ground Operations? Or is it 'just' Ground Operations, which work in conjunction with GSX? (Which it already does on the Tripple-7, to my surprise...).

Haven't tried it extensively, but I was a bit surprised when I had the Tripple-7 parked at the gate the other day, and activated GSX and then Ground Operations. When refueling started as a part of Ground Operations, the GSX fuel truck was automatically called, and the GSX started refueling, using the numbers I had entered in the Ground Operations. Quite nice!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I promised myself I wouldn't comment on release speculation, but I'm going to echo those that say it will happen during the week, barring any unforeseen circumstances. For PMDG, it matters not internally because regardless, they are going to be flat out for the next few weeks regardless. The hard work has ended in some regards, but it just beginning in others with all of us in the community reporting "bugs" that they have to filter through.

The real reason I think it will be this week is due to hardware support. Although I'm pretty sure PMDG uses Amazon AWS for hosting, it's still easier to get support from a hardware perspective on a weekday. I don't care if it is Amazon...I work for one of the largest IT firms on the planet with a huge cloud presence, and it's still harder to get support from us on weekends :-).

Finally, just for fun I think it will be Thursday because the T7 "welcome to release week" was on Aug 26 of 2013 and it released on the 30th...four days. So Thursday of this week as well?

It doesn't on my system...

Has PMDG really created their own "GSX-Like-Ground-Service" as a part of Ground Operations? Or is it 'just' Ground Operations, which work in conjunction with GSX? (Which it already does on the Tripple-7, to my surprise...).

Haven't tried it extensively, but I was a bit surprised when I had the Tripple-7 parked at the gate the other day, and activated GSX and then Ground Operations. When refueling started as a part of Ground Operations, the GSX fuel truck was automatically called, and the GSX started refueling, using the numbers I had entered in the Ground Operations. Quite nice!

Wow, I have wondered about that and haven't tried it yet. I didn't know it was a thing! So cool. Gonna try this tonight when I get home. Thanks for that info!

I suppose we will need to wait for the release; but I have never got GSX and PMDG 777 ground ops to work together, perhaps I have done something incorrectly.

I need a Ph.D. to understand all of the scratches on the surface ........However, it will be a lot of fun ......Can't wait for ride with her majesty :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I suppose we will need to wait for the release; but I have never got GSX and PMDG 777 ground ops to work together, perhaps I have done something incorrectly.

Well... I don't know how extensively the 'cooperation' is... but the GSX refueling feature is - to my surprise - using Ground Operations (when Ground Operations is active) fuel numbers for refueling. 

Make sure, that you have updated to the latest version of GSX AND their Stand Alone Addon Manager... 

Actually I think it's more FSDT-doing, rather than something PMDG has done, to be honest. PMDG has an SDK and I assume, that FSDT has built GSX to integrate with certain addons where it's possible...  But it's quite a nice touch. Maybe PMDG has expanded the options for GSX integration?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well... I don't know how extensively the 'cooperation' is... but the GSX refueling feature is - to my surprise - using Ground Operations (when Ground Operations is active) fuel numbers for refueling. 

Make sure, that you have updated to the latest version of GSX AND their Stand Alone Addon Manager... 

I shall give it a go. I will admit to not having used GSX in a few weeks.

I'm now wondering if it will be an "X-Plane" type of ground services where as soon as you select it, it just appears. That's fine actually, but a bit of movement on the ground and in the air trucks would be nice. As long as the doors operate themselves and I can focus on the pre-flight is all that matters really.  

I haven't flown the 747 since the first version, and all those years ago I was quite awful. Something would always be wrong with the flight. Can't wait to try it out these days.