Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[30JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Welcome to Release Week!

When I do circuits in the 777, I usually just plug in the first leg or two of an appropriate SID, select a landing runway, and then connect over the to final leg or two of a logical STAR, get rid of the DISCOs and bang - I'm done.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Jones

Fair enough - but won't I get loads of warnings if the FMC is not fully programmed? 

Nothing wrong with what Wes suggests, but in all likelihood you want the V-speeds including Vref.  All the route needs is one enroute waypoint, and you don't have to use it.  I stick a local VOR in there and set up the departure runway and arrival runway with a VFR waypoint about 3 to 5 nm from touchdown and then never engage FD, LNAV or VNAV. Just fly it.  Helps too to put the airport on a fix page with 5 and 10nm circles.  A local pattern in a jet is typically flown with the downwind 5 nm from airport and I usually fly it around 2000 AGL although 1200 isn't uncommon.  I used to watch USAF AWACS fly local all day at Tinker AFB.    They would also mix in a few B-52s but they usually did their test flights on a range.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Most likely you will not need GSX for V3.

WOuld really be nice if they would give us a few pics/vids of this new system in action.  I am very anxious to see what its like.

Andrew Jones

Nothing wrong with what Wes suggests, but in all likelihood you want the V-speeds including Vref.
I tend to do my "test" flights at KEDW... it has a loooong runway... But thats just basic testing, where I might repeat the same thing 10 times

PMDG weren't the first to do the wx in the 737.

Hopefully all those VA's that took the 747 out of their schedules will now put them back in so we can actually use it.

no they werent, but I asked it and we got it. see the pattern?  :wink:

These two features are a little different though than WX radar etc. CPDLC needs to comunnicate with something, presumably a VATSIM or IVAO client software. This would require those parties to make available a SDK or work with PMDG to make this work.

The EFB would require licensing real world data which is currently cost prohibitive (unless you want to pay $2000 per copy for your 747)

It would be possible to use the AFCAD data like Aivlasoft EFB does, but as this is somewhat inaccurate in some cases, I don't see PMDG doing it. (Either they do it correctly or not at all).

Perhaps in future if the licensing question can be solved or provided via Navigraph this situation may change

Dont Jinx it, everything Ive asked for has come so far

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

no they werent, but I asked it and we got it. see the pattern? 

Dont Jinx it, everything Ive asked for has come so far

In that case, please ask them to release it already and stop teasing us!!  :wink:

In that case, please ask them to release it already and stop teasing us!!  :wink:

expect her wed-fri, weekend release unlikely

remember this post!

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

expect her wed-fri, weekend release unlikely

remember this post!

I agree on a weekend release being unlikely due to support requirements (the guys need their break too!!)

I think we MAY be in for a surprise though...

I'm still thinking the secret things hinted by staff are still secret? Oleo thread guesses all off the mark so far! 

I'm still thinking the secret things hinted by staff are still secret? Oleo thread guesses all off the mark so far! 
Amazing to think that in addition to RSR's long list of features, and what Kyle and the beta guys have said, there is even more waiting to be uncovered.

We are all in for a real treat on this one by the sounds of it. Time to open those hangar doors and roll her out team! (I bet RSR is probably the most excited to get this out, he must have a will of steel to not push the button until it is Done)

Tonight this Cultist pays homage at my home PMDG alter. All pay homage.

spacer.png

All pay homage

If you homage enough I hear that release will come! I'm guessing around midnight-2am eastern tonight/tomorrow. Too soon? 

Shall we open a release day/time betting competition haha :) (joking, of course)

Brian Nellis

Everyone knows that major releases are supposed to come on Tuesdays  :wink: