Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Release notes:

Bug fixes:

XPD-7841 Fixed bright light on cockpit ceiling at night with high visual effects settings.

XPD-6959 Fixed rainbow swirling patterns under wheels at highest visual effects setting.

XPD-7295 Fixed dark lightning bolts in storms with high visual effects settings.

XPD-7843 Fixed missing device name for Logitech Force 3D Pro on Windows.

Fixed OAT Gauge in Cessna.

Fixed Missing Textures and Artifacts in King-Air cockpit.

Lol when I read the thread title I thought cool, there's a new b17 for xplane! :)

• Upvote 1

lost keyboard controls,I tried setting defaults and still no keyboard controls.

Crash on startup every other time it tries to load new flight.

36 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Lol when I read the thread title I thought cool, there's a new b17 for xplane! :)

That's what I thought too :cool:

10 minutes ago, nicksort said:

lost keyboard controls,I tried setting defaults and still no keyboard controls.

Crash on startup every other time it tries to load new flight.

Delete you preferences subfolder in output folder.

1 hour ago, pilot83 said:

Delete you preferences subfolder in output folder.

Before I had a chance to read your reply I had rebooted and that fixed the Crashes but no help on keyboard controls.

Then I read your reply and deleted the preferences folder and that didn't help the keyboard issue.

I am lost on this one, I know my keyboard works on everything else...

3 hours ago, tutmeister said:

I wish there was one lol

21 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

Beta17 of X-Plane 11

OT but Khamsim is doing one I believe .  Not sure of the spelling of the dev 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GusRodrigues said:

It appears that the no shadows in the cockpit during the early hours is still there....

thats a feature, not a bug :-) .

So is this a bad beta?  You guys are reporting losing your preferences and crashes?

I think it's fine. However, some planes which worked in PB 15 don't work for me in PB 17, A36 and the Kodiak as an example. Not such a big issue, I know the author is working on the Kodiak and Carenado will most likely come up with something soon, given that this seems to be the last beta.  

38 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

I think it's fine. However, some planes which worked in PB 15 don't work for me in PB 17, A36 and the Kodiak as an example. Not such a big issue, I know the author is working on the Kodiak and Carenado will most likely come up with something soon, given that this seems to be the last beta.  

Could be a case where the developer was chasing betas, where he tried to fix a big in one beta, but the next beta is correct again and breaks again his work :mellow:. I don't say it is, but could be. I think they should only now start working on compatibility with xp11.

7 hours ago, jh71 said:

Right, in Ben's latest dev blog comments thread, he mentions this about no cockpit shadows at early/late hours:

"No. It’s intentional that the shadows are phased out when the sun angles are very low. We may look at tuning the lighting to compensate in the future, but this isn’t a bug, it’s a design limitation."

RATS!!!!! I thought this baby was ready to depart Henderson field :biggrin:

zkojcy.jpg

20 hours ago, jh71 said:

not a feature at all. you can correct with a lua script

set("sim/private/controls/skyc/max_shadow_angle",-89)
set("sim/private/controls/skyc/min_shadow_angle",-90)

before and after

1 hour ago, jh71 said:

I know this script, but it is on purpose, it is not a bug...  . 

If that is the case then it seems pretty stupid to me. The cockpits looks awful without the shadows, when the sun is still high enough to cast them. Call it a feature, or call it a bug, either way its not right, and having to mess with scripts to fix this sort of thing is just silly :angry:

I really do wonder about the LR team sometimes :blink:

Does anyone here with Beti-X's Bella Coola have issues with missing buildings and ground markings in pb17?  The rest seems to be there as far as I can tell.

EDIT - Sorted the issue. My custom scenery ini had the some of the components in the wrong order. No doubt my fault, although I don't remember touching the beti-x stuff at all. Oh well :blush:

9 hours ago, jh71 said:

I know this script, but it is on purpose, it is not a bug...  . 

Correct.  From the man himself:

On a different note, the performance we're seeing in PB17 is apparently the baseline, and things are only going to get better from here:

Ben Spunik: "The [good] news is: perf work starts basically as soon as we go final. When we looked at the future road map, there’s something that Austin wants (and has wanted for a while) that now (finally) fits pretty well with a lot of aspects of our business and the code itself: _tuning the hell out of the engine_. This means:
– higher framerate
– more fluid framerate
– getting rid of pauses and stutters
– faster loading

I don’t know how soon you see results, but we have a long list of things we want to do that will make X-plane better for everyone, and I get to start that pretty much as soon as we ship 11.0.

(I, for one, am really glad about this. I really like performance tuning…it’s my equivalent of playing video games…so getting a block in the schedule to just work on perf is fantastic.)

We’re also going hard into VR, but my part of that is…performance tuning. We want to be able to hit a locked 45 fps (for half-speed rendering with interpolation) on a VR headset with two eyes rendered.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/03/life-after-11-00/

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

the performance we're seeing in PB17 is apparently the baseline, and things are only going to get better from here:

This is very good news. I had started to worry that performance might not get much, if any better (not that it is terrible) so this is very welcome. Stutters are the worse thing for me, and when the kids have a go, and naturally choose a fast jet, it gets very bad. Flying the slow stuff, as I only tend to do I get by, but it'll be great to eliminate them.

With this, and squashing the last of the visual bugs we will have something very special.