Sign in to follow this  
skully

Piper Cheyenne II

A few pics taken over western New Mexico using the fabulous new release from Carenado.

I've been waiting for this gorgeous aircraft to be released and I was not disappointed. The Cheyenne is a spectacular performer and the airfile feel is superb.

I would like to see Carenado follow it up with the super hot Cheyenne LS 400, maybe they will!

Enjoy!

Cheyenne1.jpg

Cheyenne2.jpg

Cheyenne3.jpg

• Upvote 4

Sweet shots Skully!  I've always loved the looks of the Cheyenne and agree a 400 would be great!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Glad you liked the shots Captains and I appreciate the kind comments! :gaul:

Hi Folks,

Yes - very cool pix - that is a sexy beast - and like what's up with that two story tall tail on the 400 ???

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

31 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Yes - very cool pix - that is a sexy beast - and like what's up with that two story tall tail on the 400 ???

Regards,
Scott

Yeah and have you seen the size of those props on the 400!!! :ohmy:

• Upvote 1

That 400 looks really nice.  I've always had a thing for T-tails.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi Folks,

LOL - "a thing for T-tails" - - - that's the MOTHER of all T-tails... Yep - and what big props you have too - grandma (said little red riding hood)... The 400 is definitely the big bad wolf - it's like a caricature of a twin turboprop...

AT1 Steve ? ET1/SS here...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

She's a Beauty!!! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have used for years first the FS9 then the FSX Digital Aviation Cheyenne and I still like her a lot. But judging from your great screenies, this new one is mighty tempting :happy:

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott

Apparently Piper went with the T-Tail on the 400 to get the horiz stab into clean air to minimize pitch change when changing power settings.

Excellent vid on the 400:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFPcrWVFlcY

27 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I have used for years first the FS9 then the FSX Digital Aviation Cheyenne and I still like her a lot. But judging from your great screenies, this new one is mighty tempting :happy:

It's an honest airplane Bernd- I think you will like it should you decide to add her to your hangar. I think you'll also love the way she handles.

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

LOL - "a thing for T-tails" - - - that's the MOTHER of all T-tails... Yep - and what big props you have too - grandma (said little red riding hood)... The 400 is definitely the big bad wolf - it's like a caricature of a twin turboprop...

AT1 Steve ? ET1/SS here...

Regards,
Scott

Hey Scott,

The 400 always had a unique look I really like....it looks fast sitting on the ramp!

Ahh...you're a Bubblehead huh? I repaired ASW gear so my stuff help hunt down your undersea foes .  SH-3's with dipping sonar and MAD gear, not to mention sonobuoys. :wink: 

You could use my avatar for your rate...just clip the wings off, hehe.

Good to see another swabby here....I think we may have had a naval conversation years ago....can't recall...old age...sux. LOL

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Folks,

Skully - very cool video - noticed old Chuckie boy had those engine gauges well out of the green...

Steve - yeah - I was the electronic warfare guy when the boat was at PD (Periscope Depth) - when training with you guys I was always "sitting the stack" sniffing the air for your radar sigs... APS-121 on helo's ? The S-3's (APS-116 ?) always seemed the most deadly to us - they could be on top of you quick seemingly out of nowhere - I don't know how battle groups get by without the fast response of the "Hoover" and it's very long legs today... Yeah - we've been at this a while - now I seem to recall we had some discussions - started with Air Tran or something - LOL - tough getting older... Always a pleasure...

Regards,
Scott