Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Aerobask Eclipse NG released

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The avionics are not accurate to the rw counterpart, but looks like an impressive package however.  The Dynon touch system coupled with the gtn's look incredible!  Check Catstrators's yt channel to see a flight in the beta version.  At $40usd, I'm in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rw avionics is Avidyne right?  Either way I'm excited..

oh wait it's the AVIO suite if I recall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

The rw avionics is Avidyne right?  Either way I'm excited..

It's AVIO.  But the Dynon looks to be more capable anyway, and more widely used in the experimental market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody's mentioning FPS performance, so I will...

Without turning down any of the sliders, or unclicking any feature,  I am getting 17-22 FPS in the cockpit, and in Outside View, 28-40 FPS.

The sounds are awesome, the cockpit is slick, as well as the avionics, and most happy to add this beaut to my hangar.

This will certainly become my main go-to....

 

Shadows are the best I have seen on any plane within XP11.  Not any 'course' jags.  Cockpit animation is very smooth, and if you choose to run with the one low rez skin, you can gain almost 10 FPS just in that choice.

 

Eclipse_NG_3.png

 

Eclipse_NG_2.png

Eclipse_NG_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

`I found out what a great FPS sucker downer, the shadow.lua script is.  For some reason, I was going from 22, down to 8 FPS!

I thought on a hunch to remove that script from the Lua Engine, and then reloaded the engine...lo and behold, I now have 38 FPS in cockpit, and over 40-45 in outside view.  That shadow.lua script screws with XP11....it's now gone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can look the other way, in terms of differences in avionics as the Aerobask version is just as profesional and clean.  As for the fps, all i can say is that this is what we may expect in the future for new releases from Aerobask.  The Panthera is beyond awesome, but it is a framerate killer as well.  If I average 30fps, I count myself fortunate.  I planned on getting the eclipse, but I'm still on the fence if the fps is the same or worse than the Panthera.  In terms of modelling, both aircraft have set the bar now for exquisite detail and textures.  The GTN750 is a blessing, but with all the touch capability, I have to wonder if that's what's using up more resources?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Panthera. Its an outstanding model for sure. It looks and flys well and the avionics are top notch. However loading times for me are insane (more than 2 minutes average). Once loaded I get 10 frames less than the default 737. I have 25 average, so it matters to me. Does anybody own both planes and can provide a direct comparison in terms of performance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful plane but eats frame rate for me too 30 average down to 22/23. Also have an issue depending on the angle that I view through the windshield (using TIR) of the windshield turning light blue opaque (very disturbing especially on final!)

Cheers

Peter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This plane is wonderful an impressive jump in quality since the Victory. Indeed average fps 21-26 inside, if you turn on maps on the GTN lowers a couple of frames, eye candy but costly. Didn't tried the lower res textures, 10 fps gain is tempting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't bought this yet due to a lack of spare time in the evening lately, but I will.

I would expect this to be largely similar to the Panthera in terms of FPS and I have no trouble with that release at all, but then, I'm typically set up to get about 55 - 45 fps on average with default aircraft or lightweight payware, holding a solid 60 fps if in a 'light' location. The Panthera has an impact on that, but not more than I would expect with all that glass.

I think the trouble becomes if a user is already struggling to maintain 25 or 30 fps. At that point the added impact of the aircraft is certainly going to be felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexcolka said:

This plane is wonderful an impressive jump in quality since the Victory. Indeed average fps 21-26 inside, if you turn on maps on the GTN lowers a couple of frames, eye candy but costly. Didn't tried the lower res textures, 10 fps gain is tempting.

The more I fly this, and spend time using the features (learning as I go...sip coffee, read manuals, slide into the cockpit...) am really enjoying this purchase. No glaring bugs, or fatal errors for their first version release.  I don't find running with the low-rez skin to be offensive to the eyes, BUT...BUT, they need to PLEASE, remove the 'Low Rez' graphics just aft of the wings.  That would make me not want to run with that skin.  Hopefully they will read this, and remove that graphic element.

All in all, I highly recommend this plane.  Great avionics, and not too badly, an FPS premium, for what is available to you. At least, I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fps for XP11 in general are lower for me, but two things are contributing.  My RAM is low, only 8 GB, and XP11 - as well as my other running apps, frequently uses all of it.  My gtx 970 is low on vram, also frequently used up completely.  So I just lower my autogen settings to fly the payware acft and that helps.  With the Eclipse I can get about 28 fps with ZL18/16 ortho like in the screenshot review, and maybe 23 in SoCal when I fly on Pilot Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

fps for XP11 in general are lower for me, but two things are contributing.  My RAM is low, only 8 GB, and XP11 - as well as my other running apps, frequently uses all of it.  My gtx 970 is low on vram, also frequently used up completely.  So I just lower my autogen settings to fly the payware acft and that helps.  With the Eclipse I can get about 28 fps with ZL18/16 ortho like in the screenshot review, and maybe 23 in SoCal when I fly on Pilot Edge.

I have lowered Special Effects to Medium, and that, then gives me with this plane, 35 in the cockpit, and 45-50 outside view.  I still have World Objects at Max, and A.A, set to 4X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have poor fps in socal.  I did a worst case scenario flight yesterday.  GPB500's KBUR, flew over MisterX LAX and then over GPB500's KSNA, all with ZL16 ortho with broken clouds and climbed to FL310.  My aging system struggled to get 15 fps at times.  The VC is worse by about 25%.  I went down to 4x AA as well which helped a little.  The low res paint yields approx another 15% gain.  

In short - time for a new PC lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have lowered Special Effects to Medium, and that, then gives me with this plane, 35 in the cockpit, and 45-50 outside view.  I still have World Objects at Max, and A.A, set to 4X

I'm gonna need clarification on special effects, because I cannot for the life of me, find that setting in XP11!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I actually have poor fps in socal.  I did a worst case scenario flight yesterday.  GPB500's KBUR, flew over MisterX LAX and then over GPB500's KSNA, all with ZL16 ortho with broken clouds and climbed to FL310.  My aging system struggled to get 15 fps at times.  The VC is worse by about 25%.  I went down to 4x AA as well which helped a little.  The low res paint yields approx another 15% gain.  

In short - time for a new PC lol!

This glass cockpit is really demanding on my system as well..but my-oh-my, but do I now love this plane, inside and out!   I'll do whatever I have to do, (such as Effects set to Medium, from full HDR (blah, blah), to run it at 30 FPS in the cockpit.  I can run the freeware v2.0 of course, with the sim full out.  It is, what it is....and I am thrilled with this version of the Eclipse.  Thank you for posting about its release. I was unaware that it had been so....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I'm gonna need clarification on special effects, because I cannot for the life of me, find that setting in XP11!

LOL, sorry Jimm...the Effects slider, HDR, etc...at the top left.  I had forgotten exactly what the name of the slider was...but it controls effects.  Just crank it back to Medium, if you are also 30 plus FPS challenged when within the cockpit.  It sure worked for me. That is the only setting bar I moved back from where I always (burnt in) run my XP11 settings.  I also run A.A. at 4x, whether with Effects set to full right, or now at Medium for this bird. If I am not flying this version, I set the slider back to full right, to maximum.  This works out great for me, and of course the pocket-book as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

LOL, sorry Jimm...the Effects slider, HDR, etc...at the top left.  I had forgotten exactly what the name of the slider was...but it controls effects.  Just crank it back to Medium, if you are also 30 plus FPS challenged when within the cockpit.  It sure worked for me. That is the only setting bar I moved back from where I always (burnt in) run my XP11 settings.  I also run A.A. at 4x, whether with Effects set to full right, or now at Medium for this bird. If I am not flying this version, I set the slider back to full right, to maximum.  This works out great for me, and of course the pocket-book as well!

I had a feeling that was it...no worries.  I'll give this tip a try tonight.  Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a temporary fix until LR gets the engine optimized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I had a feeling that was it...no worries.  I'll give this tip a try tonight.  Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a temporary fix until LR gets the engine optimized.

Right now I'm set up at KMSP, that you recommended in another thread.  Yeppers...Visual Effects is the slider.  Right now at KMSP, sitting facing a gate, I am registering 22-25 FPS. Of course a ton of other add-on's xEnviro and lua scripts sucking up resources as well...  If I had this slider to full right for this cockpit, I have seen it go down to 8 FPS depending on what is being viewed out the cockpit window, clouds, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Right now I'm set up at KMSP, that you recommended in another thread.  Yeppers...Visual Effects is the slider.  Right now at KMSP, sitting facing a gate, I am registering 22-25 FPS. Of course a ton of other add-on's xEnviro and lua scripts sucking up resources as well...  If I had this slider to full right for this cockpit, I have seen it go down to 8 FPS depending on what is being viewed out the cockpit window, clouds, etc...

Have you tried out the lower res livery(ies) to see if the framerates improve?  With what you are reporting, combined with my own experiences with other aircraft, I suspect that the Eclipse's superior detailing and high-res textures are weighing down the sim.  Out of curiosity, what Lua scripts are you running?  Might I also recommend testing out the Eclipse with default weather (just humor me) to see if there are any improvements (with real world and CAVOK).I think your results would be very beneficial to all of us, knowing what works, how it works, environmental conditions, etc. :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First in-flight emergency!  Left engine fire....just rotated out of KMSP, and 45 seconds into the climb....the cockpit lit up...ENGINE FIRE!

Declared an emergency, shut down the left engine...and circled back for a landing....   does somebody have the hog-dogs....for I have the BBQ....

Eclipse_NG_6.png

Eclipse_NG_7.png

Eclipse_NG_8.png

Eclipse_NG_9.png


 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Have you tried out the lower res livery(ies) to see if the framerates improve?  With what you are reporting, combined with my own experiences with other aircraft, I suspect that the Eclipse's superior detailing and high-res textures are weighing down the sim.  Out of curiosity, what Lua scripts are you running?  Might I also recommend testing out the Eclipse with default weather (just humor me) to see if there are any improvements (with real world and CAVOK).I think your results would be very beneficial to all of us, knowing what works, how it works, environmental conditions, etc. :happy:

Sure, will right off, let you know what my .lua scripts are. The other requests, I'll get back to you on.  I do know right now, that if I run the one Low Res skin...I can pick up about 8-10 FPS.  The 4K textures can sip the FPS. At least on my system, and my system is no dog....

 

Post edit:  My running .lua scripts:

button_sniffer

debug_variables

gpu

haze modify

hud module test

keystroke_sniffer

shadow fix (just added back...)

transponder_helper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this