Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

So... what will be the status of the KA 350i this year?

They also admitted the early access was a mistake. 

With the release of P3DV4, you have to figure wherever they were on the release schedule, it just got pushed back a few months. Carenado, whose gauges are not nearly as advanced, are having problems adapting their advanced avionics (read Rockwell-Collins Pro Line 21) to P3Dv4. While many assume it is just a matter of recompile your current code to x64, it seems it is not that easy.  

Who knows what will make it into the final version, but I have received questions from their software developers that in decades of teaching the actual aircraft I have never been asked. They are aiming for a 100% realistic aircraft. If they can pull this off we can be looking at the most complete King Air for Desktop Simulation ever made. Once they have the King Air buttoned up it should be an easy task to build the P.180 and the LJ60. By this time next year, we may be looking at three very high-quality Business Aircraft. 

Note, I am not a beta tester and I am no longer consulting on this project. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2017 at 1:49 AM, Egbert Drenth said:

Well.... we can safely conclude they already are doing that. That was the whole point of this thread (and other ones).

You're correct, but I think we need to continue to give them the confidence in knowing that their customer base supports them and will wait patiently for ATS to be satisfied that they have put all that they are capable of into this aircraft.  I really have a lot of high hopes for this one.  I can fly the now available other " realistic MD80" [sic] until I get the best.

This is tantamount to flogging a dead horse. Everyone who bought into the beta test knew the pitfalls. Milviz were originally expecting to have finished it a lot earlier than now. They have been forthcoming with the offer of a refund, which I also did not take. They are now offering those who purchased a free copy of the P3D version (V4 even), as well as the 350 hybrid glass/analogue version. Let us all please move on and just wait. It will be ready eventually. Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Good luck to Colin and the team in getting the 350s out of the hangar. I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Andrew

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, aentwis said:

This is tantamount to flogging a dead horse. Everyone who bought into the beta test knew the pitfalls. Milviz were originally expecting to have finished it a lot earlier than now. They have been forthcoming with the offer of a refund, which I also did not take. They are now offering those who purchased a free copy of the P3D version (V4 even), as well as the 350 hybrid glass/analogue version. Let us all please move on and just wait. It will be ready eventually. Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day.

Good luck to Colin and the team in getting the 350s out of the hangar. I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Andrew

Very well said!

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Offer of a refund. really? maybe on some secret site no one is aware of. Like this whole sordid affair this outfit really shines.

I was an early payer and they have all our contact info. if they were sincere in a "refund" everyone should have been notified. I certainly wasn't. Maybe they mentioned it on their website? I never go there and shouldn't have to.

Too many apologists for this outfit. This wasn't a crowd funding thing with a known possibility of it never happening. We aren't investors.

Shame on this company.

23 hours ago, pocketwatch50 said:

Shame on this company.

You have no idea whatever of just how much such remarks discourage those of us like myself who've been working 8 to14 hour days getting all of the bits and pieces working together on multiple sim platforms. :bengong:

• Upvote 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator