Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Flight Sim World is Now Live!

39 minutes ago, anfield ace said:

just un-installed sticking with FSX SE!

Thanks for that share. Like you, as they say in that card game, 'will stick.'

I thought i might stick with it but I've requested refund. The more i use it the more things annoy me. Even basic things such as aircraft shadows don't work properly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

Not taken the plunge yet, may wait until the weekend to get more of a feel but the reception here seems to be on a three way split vote:

1. It's tripe.

2. DTG can do no wrong - best sim ever.

3. Ah well early access give them a chance.

With regard to #3, just bear in mind this is DTG we're talking about here. As a veteran train simmer bear in mind that Railworks still has many issues at it's core and in the DLC which have never been fixed. Train Sim world came out with serious optimisation issues and has physics issues that make the 10,000 tonne freights uphill in Notch 1 of Railworks look good. Now it may be this is an all new team with an entirely different mindset than the train sim devs, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also can those who have applied for a refund confirm this has been processed? My understanding is early access on Steam specifically excludes the possibility of getting your money back.

Same basic opinions in the Steam reviews. It's terrible, it is wonderful ( not many of those) and it's early access so suck it up and force yourself to try and enjoy flying it. Frankly, I think answer # 3 is wishful thinking, because having been a Dovetail customer for many years, I can count on core issues that were screwed up, eventually being fixed. I think that what it looks like now, is what it will look like for quite awhile, minus a few bug fixes. if one's first impression flying it is that you don't care for it, you know what people say about first impressions. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'd like to add option 4:

It met my expectations.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, Goldenrocket said:

Best thing: I got for free! So no regret by deleting it again. Awful!

Without giving it much of a chance I guess, stay with P3D, it was announced many times as an "Early Access" wow, this must

be Avsim.

• Upvote 1

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I'm still trying to figure out what part of "early Access" that people find hard to understand.  I see a lot of people requesting refunds because of one reason or another, yet it's been stated that early access was giving the opportunity for the public to try out what DTG has put together so far, but it never meant that the simulator was completed.  My only complaint is that if DTG really cared about the input of the public, as well as inciteful knowledge, more specifically the marketing here at AVSIM, that they should have made this an open beta. Making people pay to get the chance to use an early access simulator, but yet offer it for free to those who purchase the now defunct Flight School was a PR mistake.

For the record, I haven't purchased this, though I do have a Steam account and have read through quite a few of the reviews there, and for the most part, are negative.  This wasn't the reason for me not to purchase access though.  I can patiently wait for the final version, considering that I bought into their 'early access' to TS2017 Heavy Haul, which only lasted two weeks and from what I hear there, it didn't fair much better.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

30 minutes sorting out (some of) the controls etc. 30 minute flight in the Cherokee. Given that these are first steps in what will be a long journey things do look decidedly good.

Only tried one aircraft, but was very impressed. Who made it?

Of course there is work to be done but we are comparing it with something we have spent a small/large fortune on over many years.

I'll put it this way, if I was starting out in flight simming this would be an excellent beginning on the road to the poorhouse!

Who among us installed FSX or P3D and was happy with it out of the box? Not very many of us.

Performance: I hate that word. 0-60 in X seconds is performance! I whacked ALL the sliders up to full bore. I DON'T look at or am interested in FPS, I look out the window a see how smooth it is. And FSW is smooth.

Criticisms: LOD needs sorting. There is almost a definite line in the distance that can't make up it's mind where it should be!

England may be a green and pleasant land...but not that green! :biggrin:

I haven't yet figured out how to centre TrackIR. :dry:

OK, I can be generous because it didn't cost me anything and to be honest I wouldn't have bought it anyway. Any more than I'd buy the other flight sim offerings. I'm happy with P3D 3.4, but mark my words, FSW will mature into a solid simulator. 

One last thing. The 64bit thing is fantastic! I didn't get a single VAS or OOM

Now off to have a lie down,

• Upvote 4

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

There's no reason for that.  I started my download at 1201 and I'm at 15%, so yes, it might be helpful to look at breaking the download into pieces for lower bandwidth users.  Until you work for Valve or DTG, to make comments like this is uncalled for.  

What would that accomplish? You still have to download the whole thing... I don't need to work for any company to have common sense...

5 hours ago, DavidP said:

Thanks for insightful comment. If it was intended to slap me down, well, you failed. Enjoy your day.

I don't need to "slap" anyone down. I am genuinely curios as to what exactly you want them to consider...

6 hours ago, Goldenrocket said:

Best thing: I got for free! So no regret by deleting it again. Awful!

So you downloaded it twice?

1 hour ago, Raven9000 said:

I don't need to "slap" anyone down. I am genuinely curios as to what exactly you want them to consider...

Something from the old days - like a DVD offer? Even if it is slightly greater expense. Unfortunately I can't fix my internet issues as I don't have the resources to install cable down my street from wherever it starts from.

David Porrett

Well....

At worst one has a 64bit platform to build upon that rivals FSX in every aspect when it released Acceleration years ago. 

What part of 'Early access' do people not understand?

For me. I purchased DTG Flight School when it debuted and no one knew then they would be offering FSW free to those who purchased DTG: FS. So no loss.

• Upvote 1

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Well for £20 I have taken the plunge to satisfy my curiosity, currently downloading.

tl:dr on all the overnight comments but the consensus seems to still be the three way split.

My biggest misgiving continues to be, though, if this is indeed pimped FSX code with an ORBX scenery makeover - why no jets? The early access excuses and malarkey do't really cut it on the lack of provision. A sim which offers the whole world to fly around needs something faster than a 200kn turboprop to do it in. As a minimum we should have a bizzjet/RJ and something heavier - a 747 or 777. Is it because DTG couldn't be ar..d or is it worse than that, they don't have a coder or tech who can program in jet systems and performance with any degree of realism or fidelity? Not looking for PMDG or Level D standard, but something akin to FS default is needed. 

Don't forget.  The day FSX was released in 2006, it was a complete and utter unfinished disaster.  It was also intended to be a boxed up final release (with two later subsequent hotfixes).

Two years later it was the bees knees and all everyone could stop talking about.  

Give it time.

Edited by ErichB
typo

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

Well for £20 I have taken the plunge to satisfy my curiosity, currently downloading.

tl:dr on all the overnight comments but the consensus seems to still be the three way split.

My biggest misgiving continues to be, though, if this is indeed pimped FSX code with an ORBX scenery makeover - why no jets? The early access excuses and malarkey do't really cut it on the lack of provision. A sim which offers the whole world to fly around needs something faster than a 200kn turboprop to do it in. As a minimum we should have a bizzjet/RJ and something heavier - a 747 or 777. Is it because DTG couldn't be ar..d or is it worse than that, they don't have a coder or tech who can program in jet systems and performance with any degree of realism or fidelity? Not looking for PMDG or Level D standard, but something akin to FS default is needed. 

Its simple.. DLC aka $$$.

They know that users want a jet, so they will deliver soon a DLC. Mark my words.