Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

3 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Jim Rhoads has indicated that the GTN will be updated for a small fee. I think this is good news and hope Flight 1 can do the same for the King Air and Mustang.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-750-buy-now-or-wait-for-p3d-v4_topic57774.html

Greg

Ok good to know.   BTW quite a testy little exchange in that thread.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Looks like Ultimate Terrain Xtreme products will be upgraded to P3D4 free of charge, according to their forum. New installers should be available before release of P3D4. How about that?

So GEX and UTX will be free. Now I wonder about Scenery Tech landclasses. Nothing new on their website since 2009.

Bill Barrette 

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Migration Tool is also another must have for me when it comes to installing scenery. Their forums are down. Anyone managed to contact them?

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

Anyone heard from level d? That would be great if their 767 would work since I'm assuming my QW 757 won't be updated since it wasn't officially supported for V3.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

5 hours ago, Hoang said:

I'm totally lost here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FS Global 2010 and Ultimate will not be compatible with V4

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation will support V4 and will release download version.

FS Global 2018 will replace 2010 and old Ultimate, same features, just support V4.

Thank you

Hoang Le

Are the current installers not compatible or the bgl files ?

If it is the first than it will just be pointing to the folder in the library.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Ultimate NG only needs to be pointed to in v4 scenery library. It consists of only bgls which are compatible. What is not compatible with v4 is the installer.

Considering that NG is advised to be installed outside of the P3D directory but preferably on the same Drive, then the current existing installation should suffice. Just add it to the v4 scenery library via pointing to the path/location ensuring you place it in the correct order and location in the scenery library.

Lmfao at vrs maybe a new product, in other words, full price.  Good luck with that vrs.  You already lost me trying to fleece me going from fsx to p3dv4 FOR A SIMPLE PORT OVER.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Yeah Captainsim said they will determine how much work it will be to make it v4 compatible before determining if they will charge something. 

I already told them every other developer is offering free upgrades from v3 to v4. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

If CaptainSim charge anything for the 'upgrade' to V4 then they are digging their own grave, from their poorly developed aircraft to their terrible customer support I doubt anyone will want to continue to support them. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, shamrockflyer said:

If CaptainSim charge anything for the 'upgrade' to V4 then they are digging their own grave, from their poorly developed aircraft to their terrible customer support I doubt anyone will want to continue to support them. 

Correct on all counts, I know:  I have their 753/763 and 777.  Never fly them.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I agree but they are the only dev with 727, 732, 707 variants etc. Many people like their L-1011 over JustFlights as well.   And until Milviz is done with their new C-130, the only C-130 in market. 

And I love flying the 732 and 722.   

Hopefully my little hint pushes them in the right direction. 

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 hours ago, Hoang said:

I'm totally lost here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

FS Global 2010 and Ultimate will not be compatible with V4

FS Global Ultimate Next Generation will support V4 and will release download version.

FS Global 2018 will replace 2010 and old Ultimate, same features, just support V4.

Thank you

Hoang Le

I'm not a beta tester, but I don't see why any mesh product should not be compatible with v4. They will not provide an installer for FS Global 2010 because they want to sell the new versions. But I'm almost 100% sure that FS Global 2010 will be compatible just by manually adding it to the scenery.cfg. 

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

I'm not a beta tester, but I don't see why any mesh product should not be compatible with v4. They will not provide an installer for FS Global 2010 because they want to sell the new versions. But I'm almost 100% sure that FS Global 2010 will be compatible just by manually adding it to the scenery.cfg. 

Yeah FreeMeshX dev Daniel said his mesh should work fine with v4 since its just added like scenery and doesn't effect any .cfg

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Gary over at UK2000 said he didn't get the dev beta so has to wait until the 30th to see but he is pretty sure his airports are compatible.  But he said he will be updating them to v4 anyway. 

He is a one man wrecking crew. 

• Upvote 3

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 hour ago, jason99vmi said:

Gary over at UK2000 said he didn't get the dev beta so has to wait until the 30th to see but he is pretty sure his airports are compatible.  But he said he will be updating them to v4 anyway. 

In the post from Gary I read he stated that he didn't think his sceneries were compatible with P3D v4 but he would update them.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti