Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

Where are the Beta Testors?

It seems a bit odd to me that so little information is being released on V4. Usually the Beta Testors have a good bit of information for us at this point of a release. Even general questions like what do I need for a rebuild are being ignored. I wonder if they are still under some form or part of the NDA. So far we have only seen some pretty scenery and we know that the future will bring "lots of new things" but asiide from that, no hard facts to go by. Maybe I am over thinking it here, but anyone else kind of scratching their head? Maybe our own Rob A. could comment or any of the Beta Testers would be great.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

16 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

It seems a bit odd to me that so little information is being released on V4. Usually the Beta Testors have a good bit of information for us at this point of a release. Even general questions like what do I need for a rebuild are being ignored. I wonder if they are still under some form or part of the NDA. So far we have only seen some pretty scenery and we know that the future will bring "lots of new things" but asiide from that, no hard facts to go by. Maybe I am over thinking it here, but anyone else kind of scratching their head? Maybe our own Rob A. could comment or any of the Beta Testers would be great.

I guess NDA was lifted the day they announced it. Last night Matt Davis was streaming V4.

Maybe they don't have much to share right now.

And possibly they are waiting till others have the product in hand and have specific questions.

Just a few more days and I believe you'll see lots of Q&A!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Perhaps Rob is preparing an AVSIM Prepar3d4 guide.. which would certainly be very welcome.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Uh... lesse... I tested this on the same system I tested FSX, ESP, Prepar3D v1, v2, v3 on... and through all that time the only thing that changed was I purchased a new video card when the 1070 came out.  So... that's what you need...

My specs:

Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E/EP @ 3.4ghz

ASUSTek Sabertooth X99 motherboard

16GB DDR4 DRAM @1333mhz

Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1070

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Meh...I think my 950/4gb gpu will suffice along with my 4670k and 16gb ram.

spacer.png

As long as you don't crank up the visuals... sure.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

13 minutes ago, WarpD said:

As long as you don't crank up the visuals... sure.

Challenge accepted.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

Uh... lesse... I tested this on the same system I tested FSX, ESP, Prepar3D v1, v2, v3 on... and through all that time the only thing that changed was I purchased a new video card when the 1070 came out.  So... that's what you need...

My specs:

Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E/EP @ 3.4ghz

ASUSTek Sabertooth X99 motherboard

16GB DDR4 DRAM @1333mhz

Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1070

Thanks ED. Very helpful. I could not figure out why so many folks were talking about all new computers. I think I can throw  another 8 Gb under the hood of my 3770K running at 4.5 and my 980TI with 6 Gb will work fine to get this show started. I guess I will give that money back to the wife so she can make the house payment.:biggrin:

Sam

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I've been wondering that too, but have come to the conclusion that many beta testers are commercial members who have shown some stuff, but are now busy making our addons compatible with P3D V4. I am really curious to see how the sim performs when loaded with high-end aircraft, scenery, weather etc.

How about a 980ti... will that be ok?

the rest of my system is a 6700k @4.7 16GB pc3200 ram asus Maximus 8 board

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

34 minutes ago, mikea76 said:

I think we have to wait til release to know for sure. LOL I am in the same boat.

Sam

1 hour ago, mikea76 said:

Will a 980 Ti be "ok"?  Sure.  Unless you want to play with the new texture exponent setting in the config file for increased scenery texture resolution at larger LOD radii.  

57 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Will a 980 Ti be "ok"?  Sure.  Unless you want to play with the new texture exponent setting in the config file for increased scenery texture resolution at larger LOD radii.  

I probably won't... 

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

I think we have to wait til release to know for sure. LOL I am in the same boat.

Yeah, I guess we will know soon enough.  I am hoping to get another year out of my card

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB