Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

v4 Early Impressons

22 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Definitely something wrong with my setup.  Got MSE Virginia loaded, most settings at MAX, default Mooney.  Sitting at KDCA, only getting 60 fps, no stuttering, no pausing.  Takeoff and fly over MSE Virginia and ground textures are already rendered.  No blurries.  No pauses.  No textures rendering in around the aircraft or in the distance.  FPS still at 60 plus.  Must be something I'm doing wrong!  It will be interesting to see what happens after installing MyTrafficX or while using Orbx Regions like SoCal or the Pacific NW where I know I saw stutters and slow rendering in V3. 

So far very excited about V4!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, new to Prepar3d w/ V4 today. Can you post your settings? I'm using a 4790K @4.9, two 1080 GTX's in SLI, and 8gb ddr3. Mostly maxed out settings w/ frames hovering around mid-teens to low 20's. 

I installed and took a flight using all standard and I got FPS at 70-80FPS even when I did extreme LOD

I then added couple of scenery links from P3D v3 scenery.cfg over to P3Dv4 scenery.cfg and changed the drive letters to point to the V3 scenery folders.

Megaschery So Cal (Hi def or whatever their high resolution is) and the San Diego airport (not Orbx..this this is a bunch of addons I had cobblled together including San Diego downtown. This was my OOM nightmare area... Except now I only have real air duke turbo. I just made the necessary change to recognize Real Air Duke. I also add Chri' s Night Enviroment (V3 folders)

VOILA.. I still get 60-60FPS with unlimited. . I get some texture refresh issue..minor.. But then I have 3 x 24" monitor 

PS: I have it on HD not on SSD (my V3 resides on a 1TB SSD)

So if you have a large amount of Mega scenery, just add those entries to P3Dv4  scenery.cfg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

11 minutes ago, davidzill said:

Jim, new to Prepar3d w/ V4 today. Can you post your settings? I'm using a 4790K @4.9, two 1080 GTX's in SLI, and 8gb ddr3. Mostly maxed out settings w/ frames hovering around mid-teens to low 20's. 

think it might be the 8gb ddr holding you back here most guys running 16gb and vas is toppin around 8-10gb just for the sim so then you have other things like windows apps and internet ect...

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

7 minutes ago, davidzill said:

Here you go:

Graphics:

MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=4
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DYNAMIC_LIGHTING=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=1
HDR=1
DYNAMIC_REFLECTIONS=0
SHADOW_QUALITY=2
SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=0
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=0
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=0
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=0
PARTICLES_SHADOWS_CAST=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
OPAQUE_SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
TRANSLUCENT_SHAD0W_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=1
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1

WEATHER:

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=7
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
VolumetricFog=1
DetailedPrecipitation=1

[DISPLAY]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
MSAA=0
SSAA=4
VSYNC=1
FXAA=1
TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
WideViewAspect=True

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=85
MESH_RESOLUTION=22
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=2
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=2
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=1
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=1
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks! I'm sure I just need to get it set up right. I love the interface though

18 minutes ago, Bilal2104 said:

think it might be the 8gb ddr holding you back here most guys running 16gb and vas is toppin around 8-10gb just for the sim so then you have other things like windows apps and internet ect...

My mistake, I have 16. 

54 minutes ago, Jiri Kocman said:

Currently seems fine for me, but RealAir piston duke have problem with extending gear, left wing wheel do not deploy. if you land and stop, then it will be deployed :) Hope that there will be easy fix as it works in Turbine version and LEgacy too, but those two was updated to P3D, piston not.

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18738860_10203331405964000_4065154859465952534_o.jpg?oh=0b9a9d05d0e2864b847633398d1dc332&oe=59AAD86A

Can you tell me how you got the Turbo Duke installed in v4? Can't seem to figure this one out|!

Mario Di Lauro

So far with the out of the box setup at JFK with the F22 and no AI traffic, Im at 122fps on average @ 2k resolution (monitor, 4k textures) and most sliders @ max.

Just added AI traffic (again stock) looking toward NYC and LGA areas with 62% airline, 64% GA and Airport vehicle @ medium, road, ships boats all at 25%, im holding a steady 70Fps.  This is in spot view.  In the VC im at 50fps average.  This is the highest baseline I've ever had in any sim!  Once I start loading up on scenery and 3rd party aircraft will be the true test.

Side note - stock textures around NYC look really bad for me for some reason.  Not exactly sure why - I don't remember v3 looking bad...

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Anybody else missing the "show favorites only" option in the vehicle selection screen??

57 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Can you tell me how you got the Turbo Duke installed in v4? Can't seem to figure this one out|!

I did effects.cfg a simobjects.cfg entry same as RA Turbine Duke installer for P3D do in v2 and v3. Nothing else needed as RealAir for P3D is installed outside sim and you can share it in more sims. Same for Legacy

Only piston Duke is exception as it have no native version for P3D, but with correct sound gauge (same as in Legacy or T. Duke) it works very well. In v4 there is only problem with landing gear speed, there is fix for it in Turbine Duke, so I just copy three gear lines into piston duke aircraft.cfg

3 hours ago, Zaros said:

Can't even compare this to V3, the fact that it is 64 bits was already enough for me to get it.
Performance wise, really nice on my system, having everything maxed in world tab and using 8xSSAA, LOD=14.5 and ofc TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 since im using a 1080 ti.
So far i installed Flytampa EHAM and fps is around 60-65 in default F16, guess ill have to wait till PMDG updates there aircraft for some more stress testing.

And ofc Orbx haven't manage to get it installed yet but really looking forward, $200 well spend for me.

the texture_size_exp=10 is that a cfg tweak ? if so where in the cfg files does it go?

Thanks

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

26 minutes ago, Jiri Kocman said:

I did effects.cfg a simobjects.cfg entry same as RA Turbine Duke installer for P3D do in v2 and v3. Nothing else needed as RealAir for P3D is installed outside sim and you can share it in more sims. Same for Legacy

Only piston Duke is exception as it have no native version for P3D, but with correct sound gauge (same as in Legacy or T. Duke) it works very well. In v4 there is only problem with landing gear speed, there is fix for it in Turbine Duke, so I just copy three gear lines into piston duke aircraft.cfg

Can you explain in a little more detail, I don't understand how to get the RA Turbine Duke I have installed in P3Dv3 working in the new P3Dv4 separate install?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Looks like this will be a winner. Just installed, fired up the default Bonanza A36, and took it for a spin.

The default scenery is barren, but the water looks great, and the cockpit and external views are fantastic.

A few new AA settings to play with, too. With super-sampling built in, looks like we can dispense with NV inspector!

This will take some trial and error to get it just so. Same for the LOD settings and the autogen distance draw settings. Will be interesting to hear folks' experiences with varying these settings and the other sliders to see how much she can take!

On my 2-yr old system, now with a 4790K I7 processor, NVidia GTX 1070 8 GB VRAM GPU, and with 16GB RAM installed, it's looking great on day 1.

Sure I will be able to overtax it one day with add-ons, but there's a lot of room to play with settings and keep this thing workable, in my view.

The 64-bit era has begun!

Rich 

• Upvote 1

My VAS usage is very high at 42GB according to process explorer. Anyone else???

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.