Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan88

"Enable Force Feedback" option not working in P3Dv4

Hello,

New to P3D and noticed that with the "Enable Force Feedback" option checked I am still not getting any of those effects on my joystick such as feeling the bumps when taxiing. I have a Logitech Force3dPro and the force is still there, just not any of the effects. The joystick is from circa 2005 so it is older software as far as the installer goes, so do not know if that could be an issue (it works fine in p3d in every other way though). Did my forces checks when installing the joystick and everything worked. Any thought? Anyone else having the same issue? (if so maybe its a software issue that needs to be fixed in P3D).

Thanks,

Joel

Fs Force software is outstanding and operates outside of the  Sims force feedback set up but I don't know if it's compatible yet 

ZORAN

I'm getting a FSForce.dll not found error when I try to run FSForce with P3Dv4. Looks like the dll is going to have to be updated.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

9 minutes ago, Jazzfan said:

An update for FS Force was released yesterday. You will find it on the downloads page

http://www.fs-force.com/download.htm

Yes, it works very well indeed in v4.

Made my day ;)

Thanks for the info

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Just now, laserit said:

Made my day ;)

Thanks for the info

You're welcome.

This may be a not-very-bright question, but does anyone know of a way to migrate the fs-force aircraft assignments and profiles from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4. I'm not looking forward to having to reassign all my aircraft, and then also having to tweak all the profiles again.

AND, darn is v4 nice. NO MORE VAS issues with PMDG aircraft and heavy sceneries.

Thanks in advance,

Steven Miller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 6/2/2017 at 10:33 PM, BoeingFan88 said:

Hello,

New to P3D and noticed that with the "Enable Force Feedback" option checked I am still not getting any of those effects on my joystick such as feeling the bumps when taxiing. I have a Logitech Force3dPro and the force is still there, just not any of the effects. The joystick is from circa 2005 so it is older software as far as the installer goes, so do not know if that could be an issue (it works fine in p3d in every other way though). Did my forces checks when installing the joystick and everything worked. Any thought? Anyone else having the same issue? (if so maybe its a software issue that needs to be fixed in P3D).

Thanks,

Joel

Joel,

Have you tried using that stick without installing the Logitech software...as in, I assume the stick is USB...just plug it in and let windows install whatever driver it thinks you need. I am using an MS Force Feedback II stick, and I just plugged it in and it works, including all the ground bumps, gear bumps etc.

Also, in P3D V4, go into "settings; controls; and on the left most column of that window, all the way at the bottom under Key Assignment, Axis Assignment, Calibration, is "Other", see what  is checked below "Enable Force Feedback". You probably have already done this, but thought I'd point it out in case you missed it.

By the way, in case you're using P3Dv3, all of the same settings are available.

Steven Miller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

3 hours ago, somiller said:

This may be a not-very-bright question, but does anyone know of a way to migrate the fs-force aircraft assignments and profiles from P3Dv3 to P3Dv4. I'm not looking forward to having to reassign all my aircraft, and then also having to tweak all the profiles again.

AND, darn is v4 nice. NO MORE VAS issues with PMDG aircraft and heavy sceneries.

Thanks in advance,

Steven Miller

Okay, figured out how to get all of the FS-Force aircraft assignments and profile settings from P3Dv3 into P3Dv4.

Find fsforce.cfg at "C:\ProgramData\FS Force" and open file in notepad.

In notepad, copy "[Profile Assignments - P3Dv3]" including all of aircraft assignments listed below it.

After the last aircraft assignment, add a line return, then paste the copied content.

In the newly pasted content, change [Profile Assignments - P3Dv3] to [Profile Assignments - P3Dv4], save the file, and you're done

Start P3Dv4 and select your favorite aircraft, and if it was in your P3Dv3 assignments it will now be correctly assigned in P3Dv4.

Steven Miller

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

The FS Force site doesn't seem to be working ..anyone else with this issue?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Russell Dirk's software (which I helped on the Beta over 12 years ago) is the answer.  FSForce is inexpensive, and it works beautifully with my Microsoft Force Feedback2 joystick.  I would fly with nothing else.  I've even bought 5 extra Microsoft FF2 joysticks on Ebay, because they are not sold anymore.  I'm ready for the future, and I don't believe the naysayers who think Force Feedback is unnecessary.  I believe it makes a HUGE difference in the sim, and I look forward to hitting those tarstrips on the runway every time I take off.  I especially look forward to the touchdown when my  stick FEELs the wheels hit the runway and to me, that's as real as it gets.

Stan

I managed to dl the software but my sidewinder 2 doesn't have the effects. If I goto fs force re initialize it briefly kicks in. I have force feedback enabled in p3dv4 as well. It's set to raw by default

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I've been using FSForce with my FF yoke, feels like the real thing.  

\Robert Hamlich/

49 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

I've been using FSForce with my FF yoke, feels like the real thing.  

My sidewinder 2 force is working fine in other titles like war thunder.. i just cant get fs force + p3dv4 to work.

14 hours ago, theskyisthelimit said:

I managed to dl the software but my sidewinder 2 doesn't have the effects. If I goto fs force re initialize it briefly kicks in. I have force feedback enabled in p3dv4 as well. It's set to raw by default

Disable force feedback in P3Dv4. At one time I had the same problem as you, but I think disabling in P3D will fix it. I'll do a test and report if in fact that's not the case.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1