Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

Share your list of free High Quality Airports for P3DV4

On 12/9/2017 at 11:10 AM, GSalden said:

I use MSE Netherlands instead of the NL2000 photo scenery.

That matches the photo scenery Belgium 2012 and FTX Germany better.

Gerard,

Unfortunately none of the links I found for your Belgium 2012 scenery works. Can you provide us with  a working link please?

Thanks,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

On 12/6/2017 at 3:13 PM, Woozie said:

Check simmershome.de for some excellent freeware scenery. He's going to release Rhodes Intl LGRP today, which will be P3Dv4 native with dynamic lights, custom mesh and LC, and 30cm/pix photoground

Its all for free, but the dev would appreciate a small donation

http://simmershome.de/aktuelle-entwicklung-lgrp-und-lgrd-rhodos/

Just been to that site to try and download Rhodes, but could not see a link to download other than a link to an ad for an alternative  Zip File utility..

you need to register twice, once for the site itself as a member, then a second time using a pdf form for what Rainer refers to as club membership. Only then do you get access to the downloads.

He has updated his data protection statement to conform to the new EU data protection regulation, and he is entitled to know who is downloading his freeware if he wants that as a condition.

It may appear strange to have to give personal data for a freeware site like this, but it is essentially no different from a payware system, and by using the freeware he makes available, you are entering into a contract with him and as such need to abide by the rules of that contract...

A

Thanks for that Andrew.

I am already a member from way back when it was all German, but thanks for your heads-up, nevertheless.

9 hours ago, Geddy_2112 said:

I've been on this site a few times and all I can say is it has to be the worst site on the PLANET for getting a straight answer how to register and login.

Months trying to get in, You're offering flight sim scenery not secrets to Area 51. 

Haha, it confused the hell out of me too

Its some high quality stuff given that its freeware, so its worth the hassle imo

7 hours ago, aentwis said:

you need to register twice, once for the site itself as a member, then a second time using a pdf form for what Rainer refers to as club membership. Only then do you get access to the downloads.

He has updated his data protection statement to conform to the new EU data protection regulation, and he is entitled to know who is downloading his freeware if he wants that as a condition.

It may appear strange to have to give personal data for a freeware site like this, but it is essentially no different from a payware system, and by using the freeware he makes available, you are entering into a contract with him and as such need to abide by the rules of that contract...

A

Ah damn, that club-membership thingy seems to be "new". I created my account a few years ago and was able to download scenery from his so called 'Zero Shop' a shop front end used to download files, with all prices set to 0.-, you had to go through a standard shopping-cart/checkout process. Cant find any link to the actual shop now

Looks like i need to send this application form in before i regain access to the download shop :S

17 hours ago, Geddy_2112 said:

I've been on this site a few times and all I can say is it has to be the worst site on the PLANET for getting a straight answer how to register and login.

Months trying to get in, You're offering flight sim scenery not secrets to Area 51. 

And there was me thinking it was just me. Glad to know I was not alone  to discover how awkward it was to get a straight answer.

On 7/4/2018 at 4:42 PM, vc10man said:

Thanks for that Andrew.

I am already a member from way back when it was all German, but thanks for your heads-up, nevertheless.

You're welcome...

For the record, I found it really straightforward to register and obtain the required membership. I haven't got round to downloading stuff yet, mind. Rainer's e-mail contact on registration was personal and friendly...

A

On 6/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, YukonPete said:

I have tested a few high quality free airports that work great in P3Dv4

These are all Australia and I am also using Orbx Australia.

Ants Airports Ballina ( YBNA ) in Northern New South Wales. Its an hours flight north of Sydney and is serviced daily by Virgin Australia using 737-800 & E190 and Jetstar with A320's. I think its on pair with Orbx airports.

Ants Aussie airports is another great one. It contains 33 Airports across the country. My favorite is the outback town of Longreach ( YLRE ). Its the home of QANTAS and has the Qantas Founders museum with static Qantas 747-200 and 707 just like in the real world airport. Its serviced daily by a Qantas Link Q400 from Brisbane.  

Get both here http://www.antsairplanes.com/scenery.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold Coast ( YBCG )  Its located in Southern Queensland. 1 hours flight from Sydney and about 1.45 Hours from Melbourne. Its an international airport with frights arriving from Southern Australia via Virgin Australia, Qantas, Jetstar and Tiger. Air New Zealand have several daily A320 services from New Zealand. Air Asia has an A330 service from Malaysia. Scoot operate the 787 to Singapore and Jetstar an A330 service to Japan.

Get the Gold Coast here https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=175183

Than Update 1 https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=176496

Taxiway Update https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=199341

I have stumbled on this thread and downloaded the Australian Airports That YukonPete posted. They're great by the way.

Does anyone know if this YBCG (Gold Coast), that YukonPete linked to, is compatible with the ORBX Gold Coast City Scene? Which is on sale at the moment.

Don't have the link rigth now but SBSP works good. Approach is challenging and it works in V4.

EBAW Antwerp (Belgium) is also a very well done freeware scenery.

Video: https://www.facebook.com/ebawforfs/videos/1787098864935463/

Download: http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/belgium.html

Paul